GSP's journey away from emotional eating

ROFL re the sluggy mushroom :D.

I'm with you GSP, I love mushrooms, they feature a lot in my meal plans :). Love sauteed mushrooms on wholegrain toast with herbs mmm, if only someone could invent a healthy no fat butter sigh...

Re EE, yes it's one of each - but if you do SP it's 2 HEXBs.

ohh yesss i love mushroom to yum yum x x

I'm glad you're both on the right side of the mushroom debate. :D

Thanks for the confirmation on the healthy extras, Susie. I can't believe I missed that full-page thing like 29348234 times when looking through my book, lol. I think I'll see how I do with this week's weigh-in doing Green. It just felt like more calories than I would eat when using MFP--maybe because I was allowed to pick up free food and munch whenever I felt like it!

Anyway, food!

Breakfast: 20 almonds (hexb)
ff plain yogurt, red grapefruit, 1 tbsp honey, 1.5tbsp protein powder (5)
200ml rice milk (hexa)

Lunch: Leftover aubergine curry

Snacks: 2 ryvita (hexb) + pickled veg
hardboiled egg
grapes

Dinner: rice, tofu, and mixed veg in an sauce (5)

Total: 10

haha, and there won't be any shrooms this Wednesday either, probably. I will have to have double mushrooms next Wednesday to make up for it. ;)

Yesterday's food:
Breakfast: toast (hexb)+ 30g Gruyere (hexa)
ff plain yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, 1.5tbsp protein powder (2.5)
200ml rice milk (hexa)

Lunch: leftover tofu and rice thing (5)

Snacks: 50g dried apple (hexb)
clementine
grapes

Dinner: veggie rice pilaf (2) + quorn pieces

Total: 9.5

Today's food:

Breakfast:
toast (hexb)+ 30g Gruyere (hexa)
ff plain yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, 1.5tbsp protein powder (2.5)
200ml rice milk (hexa)

Lunch: Leftover quorn and rice thing (2)

Snacks: Ryvita (hexb) + pickled veg
grilled courgette

Dinner: Paneer curry (4.5), rice, cauliflower

Total: 9

It was lovely, though I think I made it a bit too spicy! My tongue says that there is no such thing as too spicy, but my stomach disagrees.

The plan for today was to eat 60g of brown bread, then go out and stock up on fresh fruit and veg and other free food, as I had pretty much none left in the house. BUT the boiler broke, so I had to sit around the house waiting for the boiler repairman to show up between 8am and 1pm. Argh. I ate the bread, ate my leftover curry, and then got so hungry that I ate 2 packets of cheese curls (9 syns) and a WW mini chocolate roll (4.5 syns). Would've been grand, if I had left it at that, as I can count the paneer in the curry as my hexa. Buuuut nope. After congratulating myself on stopping, I went on to eat 2 more of the mini rolls about an hour later. :rolleyes: So I'm 8.5 syns over.

Ah well! Tomorrow should be low on syns. I've now been out and stocked up on free food. Next time I'll get some apples or something from the corner shop as soon as I run out--especially when I know I have tempting food in the house! I was doing so well with having it around, too. So that's an improvement, at least. Used to be I would gobble it all up asap, bypassing the healthier stuff. Now I guess I'm generally OK having only a little of the tempting stuff as long as there is an abundance of healthier stuff available.

I'm going to be unable to check in for a bit, as we're going down for the funeral. Will be back on Friday; hope you all have a lovely week! xx

Food:
Breakfast: 60g brown bread (hexb), leftover paneer curry (hexa)
Lunch?? I guess it was lunch: 2 packets of cheese curls (9 syns) + 3 WW chocolate mini rolls (13.5 syns)
Snacks: clementine, strawberries, grapes, 20 almonds (hexb), ff yogurt
Dinner: stir fried veg + rice

Total: 22.5

Edit: Just did an early weigh-in, as I'm near my scale and will be away on Wednesday. 3 lb down! :D :D :D And that's with a belly full of food!

Oh hun i think that sounds like you handled the food villains pretty well, with everything that's going on!

Hope everything goes as well as can be expected at the funeral - and well done on the cheeky WI!

hope all goes well at the funeral love x x

Thanks everyone. :)

The funeral was about as good as funerals get. I cried, as I ALWAYS do. It's always the music that sets me off. I think, "Oh, I'll be fine this time," then the music starts, and NOPE. There were lots of funny stories about her, though, so there was laughter through the tears. Unfortunately, something I ate at the pub afterwards disagreed with me and I got sick. :(

On the plus side, several people I hadn't seen since Christmas commented on the weight loss--said they hardly recognised me.

So far this morning I've had some of those banana pancakes that are made from banana and egg--I think Letzes posted them? I added some frozen blueberries to the mix, and they worked really well! I count them as syns (or a hexb), since the fruit is cooked, right?

Need to work on my meal plan for the rest of the week and do some shopping, so I'll be back later with the rest of today's food diary. I don't think it'll be very exciting, though, since my stomach still isn't feeling the best. Going to try extra easy this week, rather than green.

Rest of the day was uneventful, as expected! Cheddar (hexa) on toast (hexb) for lunch. Cous cous with peas and Quorn pieces for dinner. And that's it, since my stomach is still a bit unhappy. Definitely feeling better than I did yesterday, though!

I didn't weigh the fruit beforehand, so not sure how many syns exactly, but it was the only synned thing I ate that day, so I'm sure I was still between 5-15!

Yesterday was lots of veggies, some pasta and rice, a bit of fruit, and 15 syns worth of ice cream. :D

Today I'm feeling MUCH better. The ice cream must have cured me. ;)

Food!

Breakfast: blueberries, ff yogurt, 6 walnut halves (hexb), 3 laughing cow triangles (hexa)
Lunch: Leftover pasta salad
Snacks: 100 g avocado (9.5), hardboiled egg, grapes
Dinner: curried lentil burgers, cous cous, cauliflower (all free!)

Babes what a good idea about the fruit in the pancakes, I must try that! Or you could have canned fruit as a HEXB...lots of experimenting coming up :).

And lol on the healing powers of ice cream - the one thing I didn't have when I went to Italy! (How did I let that happen?! :)).

Ooh, I bet some tinned blackberries would go nicely in the pancakes. I was surprised by how pancakey the texture was. Didn't miss the flour at all. And they were sweet enough that they didn't need any toppings. They did stick to my pan a teensy bit, but not too bad. Oh, and I discovered the hard way to make them tiny--like scotch pancake size. The first one I made was big and impossible to turn. :D

I had some really good fat free coconut gelato last time I was in Italy! If only I could have brought a supply of it back with me. ;)

Food for today:

Breakfast: toast (hexb) + 30g emmental (hexa)
Lunch: Leftover curried lentil burgers, cous cous, and cauliflower
Snacks: 2 mini ice creams (7), ff yogurt, mixed berries
Dinner: quorn, pasta, and broccoli

I had some really good fat free coconut gelato last time I was in Italy! If only I could have brought a supply of it back with me. ;)

OMG I'd travel a great distance for f/f coconut gelato! :)

And I hear you on the pancakes, I love that recipe too but managed to burn one side rather easily :eek: - but it still tasted lovely :)

The ff coconut gelato was in Rimini. We stayed there during the off-season and hopped the border to San Marino for a day. I've seen pics of Rimini during August and would NOT want to go then, but in April it was mostly locals + a few other tourists. There were a LOT of flavours of gelato to choose from. If I was in the area, I would so go back to that place for more!

I woke up with a sore throat today. Clearly did not have enough of the ice cream medicine the other day! Boooo.

Breakfast: toast (hexb) + laughing cow triangles (hexa)
Lunch: leftover quorn pasta
Snacks: 100g avocado (9.5), and probably some mixed berries and a ff yogurt.
Dinner: vegetable soup

Think I might go back to calorie counting next week. It's easier for me to update spur of the moment changes in the mfp app, which I think works better for me. And if I choose recipes online that have their calories already calculated, I can just quick add calories instead of battling with mfp's recipe thingywhatsit. :D

I added the kindle app to my computer, in an effort to encourage myself to use my standing desk in the evenings, when I'm lounging around with the husband and not working. It worked pretty well last night, but if I still feel this rotten in the evening I am so stretching out on the sofa!

Back