GSP's journey away from emotional eating

He's heroic like that. ;) He also still has the metabolism of a teenage boy, but I forgive him for that.

I could help myself out with the whole cheesecake, if I let myself! :D

ohhh cheesecake mmmmmmmmmmm lololol :D

Not a great day today. Husband's gran passed away. I had way more food than was in my plan, but I'm not going to guilt-trip myself over it. Just going to try to do better tomorrow.

ohh love so about your husbands lost love
(((hugs))))

Thanks everyone. :)

She was one of my favourite members of his family. It wasn't entirely unexpected, but I still feel thrown.

Did much better foodwise today. No eating my feelings, so I count it as a success.

aww glad you are having a better day love i agree love even though we know its expected its still very emotional x x x

I'm thinking about switching back to Slimming World. I'm sitting here and trying to force myself to make up my shopping list for the week without much success. Shopping list means meal planning, which means lots and lots of typing stuff into MFP. I'm just getting so tired of fighting with the recipe calculator! No, MFP, I did NOT mean nonfat milk when I put plain yogurt as an ingredient. Calculating syns per recipe is sounding so much simpler by comparison.

Maybe I'll try it for a week or two and see how it goes. My weight loss did stall with it before, but towards the end I wasn't all that committed to it, if I'm honest with myself. I'm feeling that same sort of bleeeurgh with calorie counting right now, so maybe it's time for a bit of a change. If it works, at least I'll know I can go back and forth between them when one starts to bore me. ;)

I'm rubbish at actually listing my food in this diary each day--think I did it maybe twice at the start! I'll try to keep up with doing that as well to hold myself accountable. Haven't been doing the best at that lately. We've been struggling to sell our house, which is stressing me out. Everyone says they love the house, but aren't sure about the area. Which is the one thing we definitely cannot change!

Husband's gran's funeral is next Thursday. Thanks again for your lovely, supportive messages. Hope you're all doing well. xx

I love SW, so give it a go - are you planning to go to classes? i do think that has helped me a lot.

It does involve a lot of planning and cooking from scratch but no MPF :).

And cross fingers you get an offer for the house xxx

I did SW online before for about 6 months--not sure what I'll do this time. Might just try counting syns on my own for a bit and see how I do, since I still have all of the books and stuff.

I don't mind the meal planning at all--it's battling with the MFP recipe calculator that makes me dread it! I quite like going through my cookbooks and planning what to have for the week. :) Then I think about putting any new recipes into the calculator...

I'm with Susie and love SW. Its the first time I've ever done it and found it so good. I do cooked lots from scratch but once you know its all free food with enough speed then you can scoff as much as you like with no hassle of measure / counting etc.

Very happy to help out looking at food diaries / syn values etc :D

I cook mostly from scratch as well, so at least that won't be an adjustment! :) And we usually make 4 servings of whatever we're having for dinner, then have the 2 servings of leftovers for lunch the next day. Saves remembering to halve the recipe (I always forget with at least one ingredient!).

Did my meal plan for the week last night, and it didn't take any longer than usual. And that was with me making a colour coded spreadsheet that will total up my syns for me every day. :D So next week it should go much faster. Calculating the syns for the recipes I chose took hardly any time at all.

Last time I did SW, I did mostly green days, since I'm a vegetarian. Sticking with that this time around, as it's what I know!

So, today's menu!

Breakfast: ff plain yogurt, blueberries, 1.5tbsp protein powder (2.5 syns for the protein powder)
apple
20 almonds (hexb)
200ml rice milk (hexa)

Lunch: taco salad with quorn mince (all syn free as I'm not adding the tortilla chips I usually would)

Snacks: some fruit and/or veg that is yet to be determined as I haven't gone out and bought it yet!
2 original Ryvita (hexb) plus some spicy homemade pickled veg (just various vegetables + chillies + garlic thrown in vinegar and left in the fridge, all free)
hard boiled egg

Dinner: homemade mushroom soup (4.5 syns) as Wednesdays are mushroom night! Husband hates mushrooms, I love them, and Wednesdays he usually has board games night with work people.
some vegetable that also has yet to be determined on account of not yet being bought--probably broccoli.

Total syns: 7.

Oh, weigh-in day was today as well. Stayed the same, which I expected. Last week was my birthday, and I overdid it quiiiite a bit. Only intended to indulge on the actual day, but there were leftovers, and you can guess what happened. Definite proof that I'm still a work in progress and still need to learn not to reward myself with food, but not beating myself up over it as I pulled myself out of it once the leftovers were gone. :)

EDIT: oho. Looking at my statistics, I just have 4lb left to go before I hit 7 stone lost. If I make my April goal, I'll be there!

haha, it's worth a shot!

I looooove mushrooms. I would quite happily eat them every day. I did put myself off of them for a while, though. Stepped on something squishy in the kitchen, looked at my foot, and thought, "Weird. I don't remember the last time I had mushrooms." Then I realised it wasn't a mushroom. It was a slug that had got inside somehow. :faint2: Couldn't look at mushrooms for a while after that!

Kept to plan all day today so far. And I lifted weights on my own, which usually doesn't happen. Usually need husband around to be my workout buddy or I talk myself out of doing it. :character00116:

haha, it's worth a shot!

I looooove mushrooms. I would quite happily eat them every day. I did put myself off of them for a while, though. Stepped on something squishy in the kitchen, looked at my foot, and thought, "Weird. I don't remember the last time I had mushrooms." Then I realised it wasn't a mushroom. It was a slug that had got inside somehow. :faint2: Couldn't look at mushrooms for a while after that!

Kept to plan all day today so far. And I lifted weights on my own, which usually doesn't happen. Usually need husband around to be my workout buddy or I talk myself out of doing it. :character00116:

They are quite slug like when cooked or rubbery when raw :confused:

Well done on the weights :D

Well, my walk this morning was eventful. A dog got really aggressive as I was walking through a park--and of course it wasn't on a lead. At first I was too freaked out by it lunging at my legs to realise that it was wearing a muzzle. The owner just walked casually over, like there was no rush. I HATE people like that. Ugh.

Anyway, food:

Breakfast: toast (hexb)+ 30g Gruyere (hexa)
ff plain yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, 1.5tbsp protein powder (2.5 syns for the protein powder)
200ml rice milk (hexa)

Lunch: leftover mushroom soup (4.5 syns)

Snacks: 50g dried apples (hexb)
grilled courgette
clementine

Dinner: aubergine curry, cauliflower, and quinoa (all free)

Total syns: 7

Edit: Also, I'm pondering trying Extra Easy rather than carrying on with Green. You get to choose 1 or 2 hexa's and 2 hexb's daily on Green. Am I right that you get 1 of each on EE?

Edit again: haha, I looked all over my book for where it said how many healthy extras to have with EE, couldn't find it anywhere. It's right there, taking up a whole page at the start of the healthy extras section. I'm observant...

Last edited:
Back