GSP's journey away from emotional eating

You might not love the mushrooms, but they still love you. :p

Back is definitely feeling better today, yay!

Food!
Breakfast: toast + emmental, clementine
Lunch: leftover mushroom burger, ww yogurt
Snacks: cheese string, 1/2 avocado + egg whites + sundried tomatoes, ice lolly, raspberries
Dinner: veggie shepherd's pie + broccoli

I feel like I ate so much today! But I ended up at 1300cal. Love when that happens, rather than feeling like I've eaten half a pretzel and ended up at 1600cal.

haha. I wish my husband loved them, too, since he's a vegetarian and mushrooms tend to feature very heavily in veggie recipes! Also so I could eat them more. :D

I just now realised that my expired Oregon state ID card no longer tells lies. The weight on it is correct! It was decidedly not correct when I got the ID.

Much better day today. :)

Breakfast: peanut butter and banana smoothie
Lunch: grilled veggie sandwich on focaccia
Snacks: cheese, almonds, ww yogurt, clementine
Dinner: avocado toast, scrambled egg, sweet potato, and asparagus

Love mushrooms... and cheese. But cheese always spoil my calorie counting when I want them melted. So I usually just throw a bit in my salads.

It reminds me of an illustration that I once saw about a perfect salad: first you throw some mixed greens, them you throw cheese until the greens disappear.

I love avocados too - one of my favourite things, once upon a time, was avocado mashed up on foccacia bread with melted cheese on top....!

I frequently have avocado toast. No cheese on it, though. Hmmmm, might have to try that. :D I have been known to put Marmite on my avocado toast in the past. My husband assures me this is sick and wrong, but I love it.

Food for today!
Breakfast: peanut butter and banana smoothie
Lunch: leftover orange glazed tofu, rice, and broccoli
Snacks: 1/2 avocado :D , nonfat yogurt with a bit of lemon juice and truvia added (I was craving a lemon yogurt, and it worked really well!), grapes
Dinner: courgette risotto, roasted Mediterranean veg, green beans

I have fallen out of my one chocolate a day habit. Hmm. I should get back on that... ;)

Talking about avocado, I always see people here eating it as something salt. In Brazil we eat it with sugar (hahaha, because you know... you can always make things fatter).

Join me for the one chocolate a day, Grumpy!

Your comment about having a treat a day is what reminded me of it! I had a jar at the beginning of the year that I filled with chocolates, with the intent of having one per day. I was inspired by advent chocolates over Christmas. :D But the sweets I put in the jar most recently turned out to be not that great, so I haven't been bothering!

I put avocado in smoothies sometimes! When frozen, it makes smoothies really creamy. My favourite is frozen avocado + cocoa powder + coconut milk + a bit of maple syrup. A sort of healthier version of a chocolate milkshake. :D I do usually have avocado as a savoury thing, though.

If you don't add much liquid, and you throw in a frozen banana, the chocolate avocado smoothie can end up textured a lot like ice cream! ;)

Food:
Breakfast: lemon cheesecake smoothie. This sounds SO much better than it was. I ended up dumping half of it down the drain. Such a disappointment. :( The recipe called for lemon juice, lemon zest, cottage cheese(!), water, truvia, and ice. I sort of got a lemon cheesecake flavour from it... but with a nasty aftertaste. :( Definitely not a fan.
Lunch: leftover courgette risotto
Snacks: my 1 chocolate per day :D , 1/2 an avocado, 2 mini babybel light, ice lolly
Dinner: pizza with pesto, artichokes, tomatoes, and olives... and no cheese. Plus whatever vegetable I can find in the freezer.

I had another avocado that was pretty ripe, so I cut it up and put it in the freezer. I'm so having a chocolate avocado smoothie tomorrow. :D

So nice how your menu included chocolate AND avocado. I'm not a big fan of avocados, but I do find them nice on sushi.
Frozen things are great, even the fake ones... this is the biggest reason why I want to move from my current place, I don't have a freezer here -- it's also too studentish and I want something more homeish.

Back