Guilty feelings

emwithme

I gained last week. Just 1.5lbs, and I was ovulating, so was all bloaty. But I still felt so guilty - I had kinda followed the plan, but not 100%, I'd been undercounting my points and thought I could get away with it. I felt like I was letting everyone down :mad:.

And because I'm getting this "course" of WW through my GP, "everyone" is not just my DF and my friends, it's everyone who's paying taxes :(.

And I felt like I was letting you lot down, you're all so supportive and so I've been hiding away this week :break_diet:

But I need to pick myself up. I have been 100% on plan this week, measuring properly - if there's something in my kitchen that I'd eat, it now has the PP value written on the box.

I'm generally feeling down anyway because it's my birthday tomorrow and I'm feeling my own mortality. Whitney Houston dying has really shocked me - not that she's dead, she's been really off the rails - but the fact that she's not that much older than me, that I remember "growing up" with her music, that "I will always love you" was the "theme song" ;) to my unrequieted teenage crush.;)

OH well - onwards and upwards.

The new WW plan is very good but it does take some time to get your head around it and a gain of 1.5.lbs when you are feeling bloated is probably most lightly to due to water retention.

In order to lose weight you have got to think about yourself and put your own needs first and thinking about what others might think and feeling guilty for small slip ups is going to hold you back as there are bound to be a few slip ups along the way.

You have lost 6.5lbs so whatever you have done to lose that shows it is working well for you and this is what you need to focus on.

I think a lot of us are feeling sad about Whitney Houston and because of her songs and her personal battle with addiction it is only natural that we all in some part feel like we knew her and therefore her passing brings it home to all of us about our own mortality.

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and every day you are a 100% on plan measuring and weighing you are giving yourself the present of a healthier new you.

I was so touched by your thread I had to post (i'm not on WW yet, but planning to be soon so keeping an eye on the forums). Feelings of guilt only lead to over eating, so try not to beat yourself up, posting here was a great step to take. Sounds like you are doing really well this week and are making a commitment to yourself, you are the most important person here, at the end of the day it is only ourselves we are letting down when we fail to lose weight, our body that takes extra pressure and extra burden.

I hope you don't mind me posting, have a VeRY happy birthday, Gemma x

I just wanted to give you a Hug.
Everyone slips off the wagon now and then, the important part is that you get back on again and keep on going. My old leader used to say to us when we had a bad week, that its just one week and now you have weighed in that week is over. It is a new day, new week and make it a good one.

emwithme said:
I gained last week. Just 1.5lbs, and I was ovulating, so was all bloaty. But I still felt so guilty - I had kinda followed the plan, but not 100%, I'd been undercounting my points and thought I could get away with it. I felt like I was letting everyone down :mad:.

And because I'm getting this "course" of WW through my GP, "everyone" is not just my DF and my friends, it's everyone who's paying taxes :(.

And I felt like I was letting you lot down, you're all so supportive and so I've been hiding away this week :break_diet:

But I need to pick myself up. I have been 100% on plan this week, measuring properly - if there's something in my kitchen that I'd eat, it now has the PP value written on the box.

I'm generally feeling down anyway because it's my birthday tomorrow and I'm feeling my own mortality. Whitney Houston dying has really shocked me - not that she's dead, she's been really off the rails - but the fact that she's not that much older than me, that I remember "growing up" with her music, that "I will always love you" was the "theme song" ;) to my unrequieted teenage crush.;)

OH well - onwards and upwards.

Big big hugs to you!!!!! I know how disheartening it is when you gain after trying so hard but you'll get there :) keep your chin up hun, we're all here to support each other :) Xxxx

Back