GULP OR SIP!

loobyloo85

Louise
Hey

i dont know if i have asked this question before but ......

im not sure if you are supposed to gulp the litres of water down or sip them! :tear_drop: :tear_drop: :tear_drop:

I am finding it very hard to sip throughout the day but finsing it much easier to down half a litre every hour!

What got me thinking is i was reading guinness testers big diet blog and he said he downs it but im a bit unsure

So how many of you sip your water and how many gulp?!! :tear_drop: :tear_drop:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lou xx

I do a bit of both. When I am sitting at my desk I sip water. If I'm rushing around doing things, I remember I haven't drunk enough and then gulp down half a litre!

I believe sipping it throughout the day is supposed to be better. Please someone correct me if that's wrong though :)

I DO A BIT OF BOTH,I FOUND HAVING A 2 LITRE BOTTLE:tear_drop: HELPS ME DRINK MY WATER. I HAVE ONE BOTTLE THROUGH THE MORNING REFILL :tear_drop:IT FOR THE AFT THEN A BIT MORE AT NIGHT . I AM NEVER SEEN WITHOUT MY GLASS OF WATER LOL.I DO LIKE TO HAVE DONE MOST OF MY DRINKING BEFORE 6 SO I DONT GET UP TO THE TOILET IN THE NIGHT .KEEP DRINKING :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: GOOD LUCK MANDY

i do a bit of both, i drink a glass before my shakes and sip at it the rest of the day so i end up having 4 - 5 litres a day

I try to have a glass every hour (which is 375mls) and sip it throughout the hour, I prefer drinking from the glass than the bottles of water as I can't help but gulp from them, then I feel sick!

I struggle with the morning drinking as that's when me and my little boy do our toddler groups and visiting and general out and about so finding a loo can be tricky, on thursdays I walk him to the train station and back so that's a four mile march there and four back (obviously) so I tend to avoid drinking too much, I may have two or three glasses in a morning but then lunch time and onwards I always have a drink on the go.

Like someone else said I buy the 2 ltr bottles of still and fizzy from tesco or wherever the 'economy' is only 17p so it's no hardship and i try to polish off two of those a day.

Keep on guzzling everyone, xx

Sipping it slowly through the day is better. That way the body has a constant input that it can make use of efficiently. Gulping it down just overloads the body, giving it more water than it can cope with and all that happens is that you need to go pee 10 minutes later.

I have found that gently sipping my water through the day means that my need to visit the loo is not affected at all as my body can utilise the water coming in at that rate.

Thanks Steve it's usefull to know, I'll try sipping. You really are a Yoda of CD, i've read lots of useful and motivating stuff from you. Thanks you're great.

economy water?
i just drink good old belfast tap
tastes like mud in some areas of the city but sure it gives it character

I made a big mistake on my first day. I drank a 2 litre bottle in no time and WOW how it projectile vomited its way back out of me!! I learned a lesson that day. I still leave it too late in the day though and get up 2 or 3 times a night to wee.

I try to sip gradually through the day, although the products make me thirsty so I drink a bit more quickly then! I've just upped my bottle from 750ml to 1litre as I am rubbish at maths and adding litres is easier than 750mls at a time :rotflmao:

I try and drink 1/2 a pint regularly during the day, although sometimes i do drink a pint in one depending on how thirsty I feel...I defininately find it easier to drink room temperature water rather than freezing cold - it seems less of a shock lol

Corinne x

I do abit of both too, but it depends on how much time i have. I try to drink 1-1.5 litres within 2 hours if i know i have to go out or if i know i wont have much time to drink water that day. But if i have the time (mainly when i stay home) then i will sip.

It is better to sip tho xx

Back