Gutted :o(

louizekj

Silver Member
I have to come off the diet for a few days :mad: I just had a general health check up at the docs a few weeks ago, got test results today and shes worried about the low level of iron in my blood. So she wants me to eat normal balanced meals from today until Tuesday when i can go back and she can do another test. So i'm gonna have to start completely from square one again next week, and thats only if she lets me do it! :cry: xx

hmmm...that sucks hopes your ok..

Can you not stay away from cabrs though to stay in ketosis?

I asked her that and she said in order to be able to take a proper blood test on Tuesday she needs me to be out of ketosis or it could be dangerous :( I wouldn't be so bothered if that was the case..but going to have to go through week one all over again now!x

spinach is high in iron and is low fat. Ovaltine drink also has high iron levels. Google foods with high iron content and fill up on those. Dark choc also has high iron, but you dont want to fill up to much on that! Liver is really high too if you can stomach it!

Aww Im sorry chick!!

Hopefully it will all work out ok!!

spinach is high in iron and is low fat. Ovaltine drink also has high iron levels. Google foods with high iron content and fill up on those. Dark choc also has high iron, but you dont want to fill up to much on that! Liver is really high too if you can stomach it!

So if i just eat spinach and drink ovaltine for the next 3 days when she does a test on tuesday my levels should be fine and i go get right back on the diet lol :D x

nooooooooooooo!!

Do as she says to make sure there arent any health problems chick xxx

Lol i know...i couldnt physically eat spinach or drink ovaltine for 3 days. Think it'd be worse than being on Lipotrim! Oh well keep your fingers crossed for me hun xx

ah honey that sucks!!! :(

how about just having carbs on the day before you go for your blood test and when you do have 'good' carbs - brown bread something like that.

although, veg does contain some carbs just not the bad ones lol

i hope you can get back on it chick :) x

Lou I came off the diet on Monday as away from home with work and going to Devon for the weekend, i'm starting back on lipotrim Tuesday so we can restart together!

aw, sorry to hear that Lou! but definitely best to do what the doc says, and hopefully you'll be fighting fit and healthy ready for more LT soon.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing hun. Shes one of these who doesn't agree with the diet anyway so i'm sure she was just telling me more her opinion than giving proper advice. I fail to see how if i just stick to mainly meat and a bit of veg for the next few days how it will be dangerous having my blood taken on Tuesday! I dont want to eatttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol x

I cant see how its dangerous either!

Red meat is good for iron honey :)

Aww lou, thats a pity but if you are determined you will be fine. I know going through week one is a bit of a downer. i thinks some of the others are right about carbs, just eat the good ones like veggies. The red meat will help and take a one a day vitamin too.I dont think you have to over do it on the breads and things. good luck and let us know how it goes.;)

Oh hell , thats a pain but better be safe than sorry and do what the doctor says . Its just a week out of your journey and Week one wont be as bad now because you know the pitfalls . Just get straight back on the diet and try not to eat too many carbs . You never know you might still actually loose weight that week

Aw Louise. Sorry to hear you're under the weather.

Hopefully you will get the go-ahead on Tuesday and everything will be back to normal.

That's a shame you've got to stop for a while. Best to do what the docs say though, afterall you are losing weight for your health so you have to do what's best for you.

Don't worry though, you will be back on this again soon and you will soon be at your goal. Good luck with the healthy eating.

Has she discussed other reasons with you why your iron levels may be low or do you think she has just focused on the diet? Could be that even if you were eating "normally" your levels would have been low; most common causes is to do with menstruation. Have your periods changed or anything?. Have a look at Iron Deficiency Anaemia so at least you have some iback ground info before you go into her.

Also might be worth asking her if she would tell a vegan to start eating "properly" or would she prescribe iron tablets?

(this is all for if she disagrees with you continuing)

Back