Gutted... only lost 4lb...

nerac123

GO GO GO !!
I know its in the right direction - but its my first week - and only 4lb - no cheating, full comittment etc etc etc:cry:4 ltrs of water every day - minimum.

However, it is only 5 full days - i had to change my chicken <urgh> soup. So I'm going to go back on Thursday morning - that means I will have done 7 full days. the pharmacist says I don't have to - but I need the motivation.

It is also totm - but that doesn't usually make any difference to my weight - not on 'traditional' diets anyway - i suppose it might be different this time?

I'm not gonna quit - but it really put a downer on my day today - and i have felt more hungry and more tired today. My pharmacist won't give me the ketosis strips either - he says lipotrim don't recomend they are used now <grrrrr>:confused:

Anyway, rant over. For now at least.

A very cross and upset nerac !:mad::cry:
Nerac

Hi Nerac

4lbs in 5 days!!! Sometimes you lose the majority of it a few days after. Just remember you are only just in ketosis after day 4, so you are not giving yourself time and really it would have been best to wait another 2 days.

I wouldnt drink any more...you say 4ltr minimum! You can drink too much, so just watch your intake.

Dont let this get you down...will you go back to the pharmicist after 7 days or 9 days? If 9 days, you may see a big difference...although I do feel you will see a bigger loss next week. You need to give yourself time..but what other diet would allow you to lose 4lbs in 5 days!

Hang in there, you are doing really well.

Take care

Thanks scotsmist - I'm just a little disappointed - getting over it - but my friend lost 12lb in her first week - I know that is a lot - but i really was hoping for at least 1/2 stone. But like you say - not been week yet. Thursday is my WI day, so I might go then - that will be a full week. Although if I haven't lost any more I'll be even more upset/cross.

Might leave it until next Thursday now. (not sure I can stand the wait !)

Well done on loosing in the 5 days, its still a decent amount

as the lovely scotsmist had said, you may only be hitting ketosis now!! so give it the extra two days!!

I didnt hit ketosis til like half way through day 5!!

Also were you dieting before LT? xxxx

Don't lose heart, it was only 5 days and you normally don't break through to ketosis until day 3-5, so who says that is was probably that you would have lost a further 2lbs on day 6 & 7. Keep at it, and it will work. Good luck in your next weigh in.

4 pounds in five days is great. Everyone loses weight differently, but it appears to even itself out. I only lost 4.5 pounds in the first week, but I lost a total of 2 stone 2.5 pounds in eight weeks and I did not have as much to lose. On my seventh week I had a 6 pounds loss so you just never know, keep going cos its so worth it. x

I agree with Scotsmist- be careful you don't drink too much water- the maximum recommended is 4.5L and you've been drinking 4L minimum? And I also agree with the others- you'll definately lose another few lbs in the next few days as your body 'settles' into doing LT. Good luck!

4lb in 5 days is BRILLIANT!

Glad to see you're not letting it stop you continuing with LT - it's a great diet and you can see quick effective results.

Keep the faith, and i bet you'll have a great week 2 weigh in result next week!

And try not to compare yourself to other people - we are all different and we will ALL lose everything we want to on LT as long as we stick with it 100%, it may just be at different rates of speed :)

keep going!

Hi Nerac

How you doing? Hope you are feeling a little settled. Like everyone said, you might not even have been in ketosis, or if so, just barely.

Keep with it and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care

Thank you everyone for your kind words !

I feel better today - even more determined if anything.

I got a funny feeling yesterday afternoon - and wondered if that was ketosis starting ?? I felt quite lightheaded and then have had more energy today - I haven't got any 'sticks' to check, but it doesn't always show anyway (apparently).

I will let you know how I go after WI on thursday morning.

I am very positive and know this will work.

Thank you all... :grouphugg:

Nerac

Oh good Nerac, I am pleased...you will lose the weight and quicker than you think, but dont compare yourself to others. There are people who have been doing it the same time as me, but lost 1st more....we are all different, have different amounts to lose, etc.

Keep going, but pleased you are feeling more positive!!

Thank you everyone for your kind words !

I feel better today - even more determined if anything.

I got a funny feeling yesterday afternoon - and wondered if that was ketosis starting ?? I felt quite lightheaded and then have had more energy today - I haven't got any 'sticks' to check, but it doesn't always show anyway (apparently).

I will let you know how I go after WI on thursday morning.

I am very positive and know this will work.

Thank you all... :grouphugg:

Nerac

Hi Nerac,
congrats on your weight loss, you did very well in 5 days, I know you are part of the mini challenge and are going to get weighed again on Thursday so will I wait till then to enter your weight? Either way 4 lb is a fantastic start and it will only get easier for you from now on. Take care and best of luck with the rest of the week.
Doirin

Thanks Doirin - I'll let you know how I get on !! Might change my goal !! I'll keep you posted. xx

Did my weigh in today - lost 3 kilos - so near enough 61/2 lb.

I'm pleased I managed a bit more than 4lb !!

Thank you guys !

Fantastic , well done for sticking at it . You are on the right path now girl just stick with it :D:D

Hi Nerac123

Well done!!
Stick with it girl, this is just the begining.
Also be a little patient/kinder to yourself, our bodies sometimes take a little while to catch up with the new diet plan!
Keep going ;)

Back