GymClassHero's Diary 2010 LETS AVE YA!

Well, the day or reckoning - der, der, duuuuurrrrrrr!

1/2 pound off! Not so bad because i had a naughty episode on saturday night/sunday morning which was alcohol induced :eek: but im cool with that. I know i probably went over my syns by about 100 so this week i need to stay really focused and on track.

Went back to work today after nearly 8 weeks and boy was it tough! Im shattered now because ive been used to bumming around during the day but it was good to be back and see everyone. I've been sticking to green for most of this week due to a cash flow issue, i got paid nearly 5 weeks ago and i still dont get paid until 26th of this month so im pretty much going to be doing green until i can have a big blowout on meat at the butchers :p Not sure if this is having an affect on my losses but its certainly filling me up and giving me more energy in the gym.

Food - Green:
B - 2 x weetabix (HEB), 350ml unsweetened soya milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, coffee, splenda, apple

L - Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, 71g cooked chicken (HEB), salad cream (1 syn), chicken noodle mug shot, plum, jelly (1/2 syn)

D - Stir Fry veg, frylight, quorn 'chicken' style pieces, rice noodles (1 syn), vegetable rice, Blue dragon chow mein sauce (5 1/2 syns)

S - Melon, kiwi, strawberries, grapes, tangerine, mullerlight, banana, 2 x mikado (1 syn)

Total Syns - 9

Fitness:
None - rest day

Overall fitness times for last week:
8 hrs 10 mins cardio (included 2 hrs for the dancing)
3 hrs 30 mins weights/toning
Total - 11 hrs 40 mins

Really pleased with my fitness results for last week, i could have factored the whole 4 hrs in for the dancing but ive accounted for toilet breaks, waiting at the bar etc.

Week 3 Challenge Target:
  • Keep to 12 syns or less per day
  • NO ALCOHOL! :p
  • 10 hrs of exercise made up of 6 1/2 hrs of cardio and 3 1/2 hrs of weights
  • Attend Body Attack on sunday (will be the first time in 8 weeks :eek: )
  • Eat more superfree food such as quorn

Hi there!

I have been able to get the content for SW, but think that I may be missing some information.

For the healthy extras, I have 1 b sheet for original, 1 b sheet for green and 1 a and b sheet for both days - should I have an a sheet for the other 2 as well??

(I dont have the instruations for a choices for original and green days, only for the one marked "both days"...)

Please can you advise.

thanks

by the way - I think that your lost is great and hope that I can do the same:)

Hi there,

Im not too sure what you are asking hun? Do you mean Healthy Extra sheets for the other plans such as Mix to Max and Extra Easy?

healthy extras

Sorry that the question was not very clear and thanks for trying to help me...

The info that I am working from is not in a book, but all different documents.

If I was on a red day, I know that I have to choose 1 or 2 from list "a" and 2 from list "b" - but I dont have an "a" list just for red days - should I have?

If this still does not make sense, I could email you what I have if this would help...?

thanks a million (all this and I have not even started to lose weight yet!!):eek:

Hello,

The A's are the same for both green and original days, they are calcium choices so you dont need a specific list for just a red day. The calcium choices are accross the board.

The B's are different for the different plans hun.

Thanks Bettylollipop and good luck with your journey mumof katie!

Back at work now - soooo tired over these past few days but ive been pressing on regardless!

Food - Green:
B - 2 x weetabix (HEB), 350ml unsweetened soya milk (HEA), banana, strawberries, blueberries, coffee, splenda, plum, tangerine, cherries

L - 71g cooked chicken (HEB), lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, peppers, jacket potato, 300g asda cottage cheese/pineapple (3 syns), salad cream (1 syn), mullerlight, banana

D - SW chips, 2 x egg, frylight, reduced salt and sugar beans, ketchup (1 syn), 3 x ww wholemeal danish (6 syns), mullerlight

S - Melon, strawberries, kiwi, tall skinny latte (HEA), 2 x quorn burgers, BBQ sauce (1 syn)

Total Syns - 12

Fitness:

Treadmill - 30 mins
Cardio wave - 20 mins
Total cardio time - 50 mins

Rotary Torso 40kg x 120 reps, Ab crunch machine 50kg x 120 reps, Reverse crunches with 5kg x 36 reps, pulse crunches with 5kg x 36 reps
Total Weights/Toning time - 20 mins

how can you manage to spend so much time gym, the music does my head in, and even listening to my i pod i have to have it so loud to drain out the other music. i only last about 40 mins, before i go with a headache. :(

how can you manage to spend so much time gym, the music does my head in, and even listening to my i pod i have to have it so loud to drain out the other music. i only last about 40 mins, before i go with a headache. :(

Because i enjoy it!

I have my ipod on in the gym and listen to the music in the classes if im doing that.

One of the first steps of getting into regular training is to actually enjoy the gym and the environment. I have lots of friends who train in my gym and my fiance body builds so we get to spend time together by training together as well.

I dont have kids, prefer not to spend my evenings in a pub and usually go straight from work - easy as, happy days.

If it does your head in so much - dont bother going and save your membership fee instead. Its your choice to be there or not, only you can impact that :)

I have just found your diary. Sounds like your doing so well and love to read what your eating.
Watched The Knowing with Nicholas Cage - thought it was great until the end - i wont spoil it for anyone though :rolleyes:
Totally agree!:confused: Did the writer run out of ideas....

I have just found your diary. Sounds like your doing so well and love to read what your eating.
Totally agree!:confused: Did the writer run out of ideas....

Tell me about it - it was so good and then booooom, it all kind of goes wierd. It reminded me a bit of Signs - that was a let down as well.

Last day of my working week today - woohoo! Im shattered and i have only done 3 days :p

Dont know if i can get to the gym tonight, i caught my heel in the lift at work and twisted over on my ankle and its killing me :( I'll see how i feel by 8pm and if its still sore i'll scrap the gym and do some weights at home instead.

Food - Red:
B - 2 x quorn sausage, mushrooms, scrambled egg, frylight, tom ketchup (1 syn), fruit salad made up of melon, grapes, kiwi, blueberries and strawberries, 2 x aplen lights (HEB), banana, tangerine

L - SW quiche with ham, peppers, onion and 42g low fat cheddar (HEA), Tuna, salad cream (1 syn), lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, 227g jacket spud (HEB), mullerlight, tall skinny latte (HEA)

D - Lamb chops (fat removed), carrotts, green beans, 28g peas (1 syn)

S - 50g pack butterkist light toffee popcorn (6 1/2 syns)

Fitness:

None as yet but may change later - fingers crossed :cool:

Wasn't working today - woohoo - lol, but my ankle was still sore from yesterday so i tried the RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) method last night and today to see if it got any better which it has thank god!

Just got back from the gym now, watching BB eviction and then going to go to bed because im up early for my tattoo appointment tomorrow.

Chest and bi's tonight with shoulders thrown in - yay, my fav!

Food - Red:
B - 2 x egg, 2 x quorn sausage, 3 x bacon, mushrooms, frylight, 3 x WW brown danish (HEB), banana, coffee, splenda, ketchup (1 1/2 syns)

L - Lime and Corriander chicken, Stir fry veg, 1/2 pack blue dragon thai basil and lemongrass sauce (2 1/2 syns), mullerlight, tangerine

D - Gammon, SW chips made with 227g pot (HEB), 2 x egg, ketchup (1 syn), ww yogurt

S - French fries (4 1/2 syns), Plum, 2 x mikado sticks (1 syn)

Total Syns - 10 1/2

Fitness:
Treadmill - 5 mins
Chest press maching with 40kg x 30 reps, Barbell Chest press on bench with 18kg x 60 reps, incline chest press with 5kg dumbells x 60 reps, chest flys with 3kg x 20 reps, Front raises with 5kg x 60 reps, Lat raises with 5kg x 60 reps, Military press with 6kg x 60 reps, Clean and Press x 30 reps, Upright barbell row with 14kg x 45 reps, concentration curls with 6kg x 60 reps, Barbell 21's with 14kg, Hammer curls with 5kg x 60 reps, Oblique twists with barbell plus 2kg x 60 reps, oblique dips with 6kg x 120 reps - 50 mins in total
Stairmaster - 20 mins
Treadmill - 20 mins

Total Cardio time - 45 mins
Total weights/toning time - 50 mins

Glad your foots better. Im watching BB too, hope Bea goes! Hope the tat goes well tomorrow x

Ive been out since 11 this morning getting a tattoo and had to sit for another 3 hours whilst my fiance had some work done as well. Only got home at like 6pm and had not really eaten much all day so i decided to go extra easy and have a chinese.

Love my new tattoo - cant wait to have more work done in september on it.

5260_149417101141_610886141_3928105_4523572_n.jpg

Food - Extra Easy :eek:
B - 3 x ww brown danish (HEB), 2 x egg, 3 x bacon, ketchup (1 syn)

L - Pineapple, banana, apple, grapes, coffee, mullerlight

D - Take away - Chicken and green pepper in black bean sauce (5 syns), boiled rice, plain chow mein (noodles, onion, beansprouts) (5 syns)

Total Syns - 11

Fitness:

None - been getting tattoo'd today, my body has taken a beating so no exercise for me until i brave Body Attack tomorrow morning.

Fan-bloody-tastic!! I set myself a target to get to Body attack today for the first time in 9 weeks and i made it, i survived - yay! I was tough but luckily we were doing a mix of old routines which was great as i knew the moves. I was in hosptal when the new one came out and i believe its tons of jumping jacks so im glad i didnt do this today!

Felt a bit fuzzy though in the tum after all the running we did, im advised this is normal and not to worry but i did feel really wierd :confused:

Im trying to eat superfree for the next few days so ive been shopping today and just bought enough to last me until wednesday and see how it goes. I have planned for Red today, however, i think i've done a sucess express day sort of? My plate has only had a small quantity of meat on and its been heaving with superfree. Im just waiting to find out if i syn mullerlights or not and if not im counting today as sucess express. I have now found out that mullerlight is superfree because its free on both plans - happy days! Sucess Express day for me then - woohoo!

Food - Sucess Express
B - 2 x weetabix (HEB), 250ml unsweet soya milk (2/3 HEA), banana, coffee, splenda, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, grapes

L - 4 x skinless chicken drumsticks - 1/3 of plate 1 x quorn lamb grill, roasted BNS, peppers, onion, courgette, cherry tom's, mushrooms, frylight - 2/3 plate, mullerlight

D - 2 x bacon - 1/3 plate, 2 x egg, 3 x quorn sausage, mushrooms, ketchup (1 syn), 3 x WW brown danish (HEB), frylight - 2/3 plate

S - coffee, splenda, 100ml skim milk (1/3 HEA), pack of french fries (4 1/2 syns), Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 11 1/2

Fitness:
Body Attack - 60 mins
Body Pump - 60 mins

Last edited:
What is a cardio wave machine like?

Its like a crosstrainer but you move laterally as opposed to back and forth. Imagine a skiing motion.

It looks like this:

293589734_5934c16bbf_o.jpg

Its fab for your obliques, bum, thighs and calves. Its a massive calorie burning machine and you can work in 4 different positions.

I love it - its my baby in the gym! lol :p

Because i enjoy it!

I have my ipod on in the gym and listen to the music in the classes if im doing that.

One of the first steps of getting into regular training is to actually enjoy the gym and the environment. I have lots of friends who train in my gym and my fiance body builds so we get to spend time together by training together as well.

I dont have kids, prefer not to spend my evenings in a pub and usually go straight from work - easy as, happy days.

If it does your head in so much - dont bother going and save your membership fee instead. Its your choice to be there or not, only you can impact that :)

I dont pay for my membership, great thing of staff benefits, i do tend to go when i feel motivated and i enjoy going, but i just get there and stuck listening to rubbish. grr.
havent tried any classes, am nervous about going on my own.
stick me in a pool, im there till i've swam a mile or so,
maybe i should give road running a go.. :confused:

Back