GymClassHero's Diary 2010 LETS AVE YA!

Had a bit of a naff day at work today, reeeeealy peed off and im considering my future there as a result of this. I just cant deal with lazy people who dont take ownership and enough is enough when it has been going on for 6 years!!! Ahh well, i need a change anyway. Going to start getting my CV out there as im off work tomorrow so i'll utilise my time wisely.

Food - Success Express
B - reduced salt and sugar beans - 1/3 plate, 3 x quorn sausage, 3 x egg, tomato, 2 x nimble white bread (HEB), ketchup (1 syn), flora extra light (1 syn) - 2/3 plate

L - Chicken, small jacket potato - 1/3 plate, Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper, onion, salad cream (1 syn) - 2/3 plate, mullerlight

D - Ainsley Harriot cous cous (1/2 syn) - 1/3 plate, quorn peppered steak, carrotts, brocolli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas - 2/3 plate

S - 2 x alpen light (HEB), tall skinny latte (HEA), apple, tangerine, plum, coffee, splenda, kiwi, melon, strawberry, 2 x birdseye vegetable fingers (5 syns)

Total Syns - 8 1/2

Fitness:
Body Pump - 60 mins
Body Combat - 60 mins

I know i havent achieved my fitness target this week but im not too bothered, i really hurt my ankle so i know there wasn't much i could do about that and i was out of action on saturday as well. Hope it doesn't have too much of an impact at weigh in tomorrow and i really hope i get a loss after a bad week last week. I'll re-set my targets for the coming 7 days after weigh in tomorrow :cool:

Off work today so i applied for a few jobs and built my CV up on Monster. I've been in quite a refelective mood today and i have realised that i am quite unhappy in my current job. I think the 7 weeks off post surgery has really made me realise how i desperately need a change as i went back into work and im really not enjoying it in the sense of i dont agree with the way our business is going.

Had a taster session in group tonight and luckily i had saved some syns so i had just enough to slip in a SW scone and a slice of choc cake made with scan bran. There were some lovely dishes on tonight but i didnt have anything due to me doing sucess express today. One of the ladies in my group also belly danced for us all afterwards to show us what she does for body magic :p

Only 1/2 pound off tonight. I am dissapointed because i really wanted to lose 1 lb per week before my hols but i know the less you have to lose the harder it is - this last bloody stone! I'll be finishing my pill in a couple of days as well so i'll be due for * week next time so im praying to god i dont have a gain or this will really set me back big time. I need to boost my losses back up to at least a pound a week so i have bought 2 recipe books tonight and im going to try some out. I get paid tomorrow so i can go crazy on the meat and have a realy good original week for the next 7 days.

Didnt achieve 100% of my targets set last week as i fell down on the fitness side of things but this was due to work and hurting my ankle. Im going to set the bar slightly lower for the activity for the next 7 days and see how i get on. I'd really like to lose 2 pounds this week to get my 1 stone award in class - MUST TRY HARDER! :p

Food - Sucess Express
B - 2 x weetabix (HEB), 350ml skim milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, coffee, splenda

L - 2 x Aplen lights (HEB), mullerlight, melon, kiwi, strawberry, coffee, splenda, banana

D - Reduced salt and sugar beans - 1/3 plate, Omlette made with 3 x egg, loads of mushrooms, cherry tomato's, 42g low fat cheddar (HEA) and 3 quorn sausages, BBQ sauce (1 syn) - 2/3 plate

S - Hifi bar (6 syns), SW scone (4 syns), small slice scan bran choc cake (1 syn)

Total Syns - 12

Fitness:
Treadmill - 20 mins
Stairmaster - 20 mins
Cardio Wave - 20 mins
Bike - 5 mins

Total Cardio time - 1 hr 5 mins

Core Stability exercises - 20 mins

Targets for this week:
  • Go to body attack again on Sunday
  • Have a full red week and make an effort to have varied lunches at work
  • Cook something out of the new recipe books i have bought
  • No more than 12 syns daily
  • Total time of 8 hours for exercise made up of 5 hrs cardio and 3 hrs weights/toning

Payday - Good times!

All the bills to pay out on - bad times!

Ah well, at least i can have my meat-a-thon now for the next week. Been shopping and to the butchers and stocked up on loads of lurverly meat that i just cant wait to cook - yum, yum! Planned my evening meals right up to Monday evening so i feel very organised. Think i will post up in the main forum what we are having to get some feedback.

Food - Red
B - 2 x egg, 2 x quorn sausage, mushrooms, frylight, ketchup (1 syn), 2 x weetabix (HEB), banana, blueberries, blackberries, 350ml skim milk (HEA), coffee

L - 2 x plum, lettuce, tomato, onion, pepper, cucumber, beetroot, 2 slices ham, 4 slices turkey, salad cream (1 syn), 1 x ww yogurt, 4 x ryvita dark rye (HEB), 5 x laughing cow xtra light triangles (HEA), melon, kiwi, strawberry

D - Chicken, Stir fry water chestnuts, beansprouts, cabbage, carrot, onion, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, babmboo shoots, pepper, frylight, blue dragon thai basil sauce (2 1/2 syns), 1 x ww yogurt, coffee

S - 1 x nimble white (2 1/2), tsp ketchup (1/2 syn) about 10 of my mums homemade chips (5 syns) i think i may be oversynning on the chips here but better safe than sorry.

Total Syns - 12 1/2

Fitness:
None - rest day as went to gym yesterday

Hiya gym class hero I would like to say a huge thank you :D you have motivated me on on so many levels ie you exersise list has given me some ideas and your food lists on your red and green days. thanks.:flowers:

Hiya gym class hero I would like to say a huge thank you :D you have motivated me on on so many levels ie you exersise list has given me some ideas and your food lists on your red and green days. thanks.:flowers:

Aww really? Thats fab - thanks hun!

I just post on here to keep me focused, i never thought i would inspire anyone! Hope its all helping you sweetie and have fun with the exercise!

Thanks chick just got my rowing matchine and gym ball and cross trainer out the garage. Will up date later. xx

Thanks chick just got my rowing matchine and gym ball and cross trainer out the garage. Will up date later. xx

Fab - good luck chicken!!

I have been the hungriest McTroffer ever today, dont know whats been wrong with me? Due to finish my pill tomorrow but i dont normally get like this until at least the day before * :confused:

Had my hair cut so no gym tonight. im not paying for a haircut to go and sweat all over it in the gym! Lol. Im going there tomorrow, sat, sun and mon so i should hit my target for fitness this week no problem - good times!

Off work tomorroe so im planning to take a trip to Chinatown in Manchester as i need to buy some tamarind paste and some flat dry rice noodles from the chinese supermarket. I couldnt source any in tesco for my pad thai on saturday so i should get it there tomorrow no probs.

Food - Red:
B - 2 x egg, 2 x quorn sausage, mushrooms, frylight, bbq sauce (1 syn), 42g allbran (HEB), 350ml skim milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, coffee, splenda, 1 x shape hunger control yogurt

L - Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, peppers, subway chicken teriyaki (4 syns at a guess?!), subway sweet onion sauce (2 syns), 2 x tangerine, pot of jelly (1 1/2 syns), 1 x shape hunger control yogurt

D - Lamb and root vegetable casserole (sweede, carrott, shallots, garlic, stock), sugar snap peas, carrot battons, 198g new potato's (HEB), frylight, 1 x ww yogurt

S - Pack of french fries (4 1/2 syns), tall skinny latte (HEA), melon, strawberries, kiwi, grapes

Total Syns - 13

Fitness:
None today - getting my hair cut!

Food - Red:
B - 42g all bran (HEB), 350ml unsweetened soya milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, coffee, splenda

L - 2 x shape yogurts, 2 x egg, 2 x nimble white bread (HEB), ketchup (1 syn)

D - Duck fillet, carrots, brocoli, cauliflower, courgette, pak choi, cherries, onion, frylight, bovril, splenda, red wine vingear (2 syns)

S - French fries (4 1/2 syns), small milky way (5 syns)

Total Syns - 12 1/2

Fitness:
Body Attack - 60 mins

Dairy for Saturday...

Food - Extra Easy:
B - 42g all bran (HEB), 350ml unsweetened soya milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries

L - Coffee, splenda, roasted BNS, onion, courgette, mushrooms, pepper, baby tomato's, frylight, quorn peppered steak, 300g tesco cottage cheese with pineappel (1 1/2 syns), banana, WW yogurt (1/2 syn)

D - Pad Thai made with flat dried rice noodles, beansprouts, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, red chillies, spring onions, carrot, tamarind paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, egg, chicken, frylight, 4g crushed peanuts, segment of lime (2 syns for whole dish) Spicy Thai bites made with pork mince, onion, chillies, lemongrass and ginger, Dip made with fat free yogurt and chives, 1/2 fortune cookie (1 syn), bottle chang beer (5 syns)

Total Syns - 10

Fitness:
Body Combat - 60 mins
Body Pump - 60 mins

Dairy for Sunday:

Oooops! I was supposed to be making my Pork brochettes for dinner tonight but you have to marinate them overnight so i used the pork to make kebabs instead and have now got the rest of it marinating as we speak. Im such a doofus at times! :p Well, at least i have a lovely lunch and dinner for tomorrow now :)

Food - Red:
B - 42g all bran (HEB), 350ml unsweetened soya milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, coffee, splenda

L - Coffee, splenda, banana, 200g tesco cottage cheese and pineapple (1 syn), 227g baked potato (HEB), 42g low fat cheddar (HEA), pork skewer kebabs with onion, pepper, courgette, frylight, dip made with fat free natural yogurt and chives, 1 x ww yogurt

D - Melon, grapes, strawberries, spray cream (1/2 syn), chicken, stir fried mange tout, beansprouts, BNS, carrot, cabbage, onion, frylight, blue dragon sauce (3 syns), 1 x ww yogurt

S - 2 x quorn sausage, 40g pack monster munch (10 syns)

Total Syns - 14 1/2

Fitness:
Body Attack - 60 mins
Body Pump - 60 mins

Hi GcH you are also a great inspiration to me. So far I've been a long time lurker this is my first post so be gentle with me :p.
Can I ask a couple of questions please? First of all what does body combat entail? Secondly do you continue to get muscle ache after increasing your exercise? I do spinning twice a week, do pilates and lift weights but this weekend i went to Boxing circuits and was paired with a man and my muscles are killing me and i mean killing me! How did you feel after six weeks or so off? ps sorry if i'm too personal. pps if that pic in your sig is you . Wow what an amazing figure!

Diary for Monday:

Food - Red:
B - 2 x weetabix (HEB), 350ml skim milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, coffee, splenda, 3 x egg, 2 x quorn sausage, mushrooms, tomato's, BBQ sauce (1 syn), 1 x slice nimble white bread (2 1/2 syns)

L - 2 x ww yogurts, banana, tangerine, french fries (4 1/2 syns), chicken breast, apple sauce (1 syn)

D - Pork, 198g new potato's (HEB), carrotts, mint sauce

S - Curly Wurly (6 syns), melon, plum, cherries, tangerine, mullerlight

Total Syns - 15

Fitness:

Combat - 60 mins

Diary for tuesday:

Food - Red:
B - 3 x egg, mushrooms, frylight, BBQ sauce (1 syn), 42 all bran (HEB), 225ml skim milk (2/3 HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, plum, tangerine, apple

L - Ham, cottage cheese with pineapple (1/2 syn), mango slices, 1 x ww yogurt, melon, strawberries, kiwi, 1 x shape yogurt, Jelly (1/2 syn), coffee, splenda, Grande skinny latte (1 1/3 HEA)

D - Chicken Jalfrezi (chicken, onion, peppers, tin toms), Bombay Potato's (tin toms, onion, garlic, tumeric, chillies, BNS and 198g new pot's) (HEB)

S - 2 x alpen lights (6 syns)

Total Syns - 8

Fitness:
Body Combat - 60 mins

Went to weight in tonight and STS which is a god result for * week as i normally gain so it looks like my red week paid off after all! Im taking to plunge and doing EE with effect from tomorrow, im in the progress of planning all of my meals and its quite exciting going through the EE cookbook! Im a bit nervous though in case i gain as a result of this but ive got to give it a go, everyone in class is raving about it so sod it - if i gain i can always get it back off again :p

I achieved my cardio goals of 5 hrs this week by doing 5hrs and 5 mins but ive fallen slightly under on the weights by 40 mins. I've pulled my achilies tendon as well from my little accident in work so im faffing around with an ankle support so it hurts when im digging my heals in doing squats :(

Targets for this week are:
  • Stick to EE for the next 6 days
  • Limit my syns to an average of 10 per day
  • 8 and 1/2 hours activity made up of 5 hrs cardio and 3 1/2 hours weights

Hi GcH you are also a great inspiration to me. So far I've been a long time lurker this is my first post so be gentle with me :p.
Can I ask a couple of questions please? First of all what does body combat entail? Secondly do you continue to get muscle ache after increasing your exercise? I do spinning twice a week, do pilates and lift weights but this weekend i went to Boxing circuits and was paired with a man and my muscles are killing me and i mean killing me! How did you feel after six weeks or so off? ps sorry if i'm too personal. pps if that pic in your sig is you . Wow what an amazing figure!

Hey hunni - wow, im shocked ive inspired someone else :eek: Glad you have joined in the forum, im sure you will get loads of great advice on here :)

Ok, firstly, Body Combat is an hour long cardio based workout with some press ups and ab work thrown in for 1 track. Its basically karate, boxing, muay thai, thai chi and capoeira moves so things like kicking, elbows, knees, punching etc. Its a non contact class with no sparring or pads involved but its a great workout and fab for toning your arms and legs.

Muscle fatigue can still occur no matter how fit you are, you can still overtrain. When you first start out you will ache but this is because you are working areas of your body that you may never have used or not have used for some time. The stronger your muscles become the better they get at repairing themselves, hence less fatigure. Also a diet rich in protien and complex carbs helps muscle repair so always try to eat protien if you are planning on training. I can only recommend a nice steam in a steam room and a jaccuzi after training if you have the facilities and time in your gym. If not a radox bath always works wonders followed by a rub from your OH!!

Did you do your boxing sparring in the gym or at a boxing gym? Its really unusual that you would be paired with a man and i would never encourage that because of the obvious power difference. When im at Muay Thai (cant go back yet until at least december :() if there is an uneven number the girls will go in a 3 for sparring as opposed to being paired with a man and we are all very experienced Thai Boxers. I can only advise you to do lots of stretching and try and have a couple of days rest before training again or do very gentle exercise to ensure you dont get stiff. If you have a powerplate in your gym use the massage and stretch positions on there to help. Also, in future, ask if you can go in a 3 with other girls or you could end up in the same situation.

Having the 6 weeks off killed me, i lost the will to live :p lol, however, i think because my levels of fitness are high anyway i have just slipped straight back into my routine. Im not doing nowhere near as much as i did before i had my op but i feel fine, no aches or pains or anything. Im pretty much back upto full cardiovascular stamina, however i cant really run at the minute as my tum swells up and i get a bit of pain.

Yes, thats me in my sig - i feel like too much of a poser so im gunna change it soon! Lol! Thanks for the compliment - you have made me blush! :eek:

Anyhow, i hope ive answered your questions. If you want to know anything else just give me a shout hun :)

Well, my first EE day today and i am STUFFED!!!! Surely i cant lose weight and eat all this, protein and carbs TOGETHER??! Its madness, its like chaos, the world has turned upside down, lol :p

Seriously, if i have a loss next tuesday i will be amazed. I really think im going to put on but if i dont try then i wont know. I actually have no room for anything else, i've only had 1 syn all day so im going to force a curly wurly for later on. I would have saved for weekend but i have meals planned and bought the food in now so there is no point getting a takeaway for the sake of it.

Food - EE:
B - Reduced salt and sugar beans, 3 x quorn sausage, scrambled egg, grilled tomato, coffee, splenda, 42g all bran (HEB), 350ml skim milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, BBQ sauce (1 syn)

L - Chicken Jalfrezi and Bombay Potato left overs from last night, 10 grapes, 2 x small tangerines, 2 x ww yogurts, plum, melon, kiwi, strawberries

D - Quorn lamb fillet, roasted bns, pepper, onion, cherry toms, courgette, frylight, small bag of wild rice with brocolli, carrot, sweetcorn, peas

S - Fresh Pineapple chunks, curly wurly (6 syns)

Total Syns - 7

Fitness:
None - rest day today

Last edited:
Hi GCH thanks for answering my questions. Sorry i made you blush. I realised once i had pressed send that i probably sounded really gay with that comment lol (not that theres anything wrong with been gay):p. Think if i had a figure like yours I'd be flaunting it everywhere too. If I put up my current pic in a bikini I'd do SW out of business it would put everyone off their food for sure .:eek:
As for the boxing circuits it was at the gym. To be honest i really enjoyed it and it did make me work harder than i normally would. It's not every day you get to beat up a man lol. I just kept thinking of the exta calories I was burning up.
Anyway your menus always look lovely. The reason you inspire us is because you are so enthusiastic and show it can be done.

OMG! I am still stuffed!! I have only just forced my HEX's down because i have had no room today, i was planning to have cereal and milk but ive had to eat 2 alpen lights and ill have a hot milk before i go to bed. Same again on the syn front today, i've only had 2 so far so im going to have another 6 as i dont want to drop too low on the syns.

Food - EE:
B - 3 x bacon, 2 x egg, mushrooms, grilled tomatos, reduced salt and sugar beans, coffee, splenda

L - Tuna and sweetcorn fritters with Salsa from EE book, large salad with spinach, chard, rocket, tomato, cucumber, onion, 1 x muller, 2 x M&S belgian choc meringue's (2 syns)

D - Meditteranian lamb tray bake from EE book (onion, courgette, chopped toms with herbs, lamb, new potato), spring greens, mange tout, sugar snap peas, 2 x shape yogurts

S - Apple, banana, tangerine, coffee, splenda, 350ml milk (HEA), 6 mini belgian choc meringue's (6 syns), 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB)

Total Syns - 8

Fitness:
Body Pump - 60 mins
Body Combat - 60 mins

Last edited:
Diary for Friday:

Food - Extra Easy:
B - omlette with mushrooms, pepper and cherry tomato's, reduced salt and sugar beans, 2 x weetabix (HEB), 350ml skim milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries

L - Tuna & sweetcorn fritters, lettuce, tomato, cucmber, onion, pepper, beetroot, 2 x shape yogurtd, kiwi, strawberries, grapes

D - Thai Curry from EE book (carrot, aubegine, spring onion, pak choi, chicken, celery, stock, coconut milk, peppers) (2 1/2 syns), thai jasmine rice, 2 x M&S mini choc merigues (2 syns)

S - Apple, tangerine, plum, french fries (4 1/2 syns), thai mug shot (1/2 syn), single vodka (2 1/2 syns), sugar free red bull, 1 x jaffa cake (2 1/2 syns)

Total Syns - 14 1/2

Diary for Saturday:

Food - EE
B - 2 x nimble white (HEB), tomato ketchup (1 syn), 2 x egg, 3 x bacon, mushrooms, frylight, coffee, splenda, banana, plum

L - Vietnamese duck noodles from EE cookbook (duck fillet, flat rice noodles, water chestnut, bamboo shoots, pepper, carrot, cucumber, spring onion, lime, garlic, lemongrass, corriander, mint), mullerlight

D - SW Chips, reduced salt and sugar beans, 2 x quorn sausage, ketchup (1 syn)

S - Chomp (6 syns), french fries (4 1/2 syns)

Total syns - 12 1/2

Fitness:
Body Combat - 60 mins
Body Pump - 60 mins
Swim - 20 mins

Dairy for sunday:

Food - EE:
B - 42g all bran (HEB), 350ml unsweetended soya milk (HEA), banana, blueberries, blackberries, coffee, splenda

L - Plum, shape yogurt, Roast Chicken, SW roasties, sweetcorn, knob margarine (1 syn), gravy (2 1/2 syns), apple sauce (1 syn), carrot, spring greens, brocolli

D - Chicken Noodle soup from EE cookbook (chicken, stock, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, vermichelli noodles)

S - WW yogurt (1/2 syn), 3 x M&S mini choc meringues (3 syns)

Total Syns - 8

Fitness:
60 mins jog with the dogs - in the rain! lol

Back