Had a bad weekend

mrsjoyt

resident foodaholic
and feeling really guilty about it, it's a mix of things really I know why Ive been bad, my friend who comes with me to class didnt show last week and is away this week, so of course they are making the most of it iykwim, so instead of motivational txts and lots of walking there hasnt been any this week, ive also felt guilty about all the 'diet' food in the house so have bought cake/crisps/chocolate in for hubby and kids, which has slowly started to appear infront of me again....

I've joined on here, read the sw magazine in a nice hot bubble bath and re-read my starter pack to try and get back in the zone, i'm expecting the scales to shoot up in the morning (im a mad scales hopper) but realistically, if i'm extra extra good is there any chance of a loss by wednesday night? I want to do this if poss (i know it probs wont be) without a gain, it was the odd gain that made me give up oh so many times on ww.....hmmm....

sorry for the rant/moan nd the long post :)

Hi mrs try not to worry about the weekend what's done is done draw a line and start again, it could still be possible to have a small loss, but whatever happens at wi keep going and next week the small gain will be off again good luck in your journey x x

I couldnt have said it better myself Shenzi.

The key is to wipe the slate clean - start again on the right track and go for it. You may be able to lose a little by Wednesday but more importantly once you're on the right track again you'll feel so much better

Good luck with your journey

x

thanks ladies, i'm going to try that extra bit harder now I'm more focused and can see that actually i want to see a loss on the scales more than i want to eat a peice of cake or have a bag of crisps...

mrsjoyt said:
thanks ladies, i'm going to try that extra bit harder now I'm more focused and can see that actually i want to see a loss on the scales more than i want to eat a peice of cake or have a bag of crisps...

Bravo to you! Those crisps and that cake really isn't worth it! Let us know how you get on at wi. X

We all do it. As the others say draw a line, consider it a blip and move on :D

I find having alternatives available that are yummy helps. Last week I needed,craved sweet, so I had meringue with yoghurt mixed with options and berries, most days. a big bowl full and loved it but only like 4 syns for a bowl full. Yummy

Today I wanted savoury so made an sw quiche and had a slice. Weekends I often have a green or EE day as a treat so that I can have egg and chips etc. I am finding if I wake up and fancy something I do the plan to suit that day its helped to stop me going off plan :D xxxxxx

Mmm egg chips and beans thanks Jackie that's dinner for tomorrow sorted!

I had the Meringue with fruit and yogurt tonight it really does kick those sweet cravings away! X

Well done you. What I would like to say is try to avoid feeling guilty. You haven't done anything wrong. We all make poor choices occasionally - that's what makes us human, and I'll bet you don't want your friends, husband and kids to be guilt-ridden when they make mistakes. You need to accept that you are human, forgive yourself, and think of ways of making it easier for yourself. Maybe ask hubby to take kids out for a treat rather than bringing treats into them? And remember they don't really needs food treats, get them a dvd or a wii game. You will do well, and if you haven't lost this week don't worry - it'll come off next week.

I had a week a bit like this last week. I'd had a bit of a rough week with the other half, and had gone out with friends as a result, and had a little bit too much vodka. Admittedly, the damage was there for me, and I had a gain. However, it's not so bad, because at least I knew where it came from, and it's really kicked my resolution to lose well this week into overdrive, so in a way it's actually a good thing!

Like everyone else has said, try not to be too hard on yourself, and it IS possible to have a loss by Wednesday following a bad weekend. It might not be a big loss, but as we all know, we've got to just keep chipping away at it :)

That said, would it be so bad if it was a maintain or a gain? I hate it when I STS or gain when I actually have been very on plan - at least with the little blip you'd have some idea where it came from, and it might give you the motivation not to do it again. That said, good luck with your WI :)

thanks everyone, some great ideas there, i've started a fresh today, will seer what happens, btw how many syns is a merrangue? (sp)x

Good for you :) Good luck xx

mrsjoyt said:
thanks everyone, some great ideas there, i've started a fresh today, will seer what happens, btw how many syns is a merrangue? (sp)x

Between 2 and 3 depending on calorie content, the ones i had last night were 56 calories so i put 3 syns down x

cut yourself a bit of slack hun, we all have these hiccups,

one week I had a really bad week and put on 3.5 lb, just give your head a shake and get back in the zone

have you tried flexi synning? don't forget about that, you can haev your cake and eat it but stay in control of your weight loss.

you have plenty of time before wed night to super speed and super free yourself up

good luck

btw what class do you go to on wed night, I'm from durham too and I go to wed eve class x

thanks, ive walked for miles today and been really good so hopefully its a step in the right direction.

kerry, I'm at the coxhoe group :)

mrsjoyt, the way I look at it is this: say you have a gain on wednesday (worse case scenario) if you've been trying your best since the weekend it won't be as big a gain as it could have been if you hadn't tried at all. Secondly you joined with a friend who won't have been weighed for 2 weeks-look at this as friendly competition, if you've done better than her despite your blip then maybe that will spur you on to be good from now on? I know that would work for me x

ooo blue bunny, a bit of friendly rivalry sounds good hehe. you make a good point about not being so bad as i've been good from today, i'm such a worry wart.

I lost 0.5lb :eek: can you believe it, I actually pulled it back, my scales were showing a +2 on sunday and I managed to get a -1/2 by wed night. I am so over the moon and 100% back on track and motivated :) yay. I couldnt have done it without all of you listening to me rant and moan. I love this forum :)

Back