Had a red day - didn't enjoy it :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Angellore, 16 May 2008 Social URL.

1. Angellore

Angellore Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi all

So after 2 weeks of doing green days I did a red (or should I say, original). Here's what I had:
    B: 2 Sainsbury GFY Sausages (1syn), Sainsbury GFY bacon (loads!), 2 fried eggs in spray oil, 3 slices WW toast (HEB), Baked beans (4 syns).
    L: (Went to Harvester) Half spitroast chicken, skin removed, tons of salad.
    S: Pack of Ham
    D: Roast beef, 2 roast spuds (HexB), cabbage, carrots, brocolli, cauli, pigs in blankets made with Sainsbury GFY sausages (1syn), Gravy (4 syns), blueberrys, strawberry, natural low fat yog, candarel.

I did not enjoy it at all! Although I wasn't hungry, my stomach didn't feel confortable all day, and yesterday afternoon I was so sluggish, and we were only going round Tesco which I actually usually enjoy! So I'm back to my green days!

YUM!

Also, I am always eating omlette for my breakfast, which I am getting a little tired of. Anyone got any ideas for a really filling breakfast on a green day? Sometimes I can't eat again after breakfast for up to 6 hours.

Cheers!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I started on a red day today, but gave up this afternoon (stayed neautral) and switched to green again.

Breakfast on green - baked beans on toast, poached egg on toast, cereal and loads of chopped fruit with a muller afterwards.... urrrm, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms on toast.........

4. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i love beans on toast on a green day

5. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Diet:
    Being healthy
    Im not fussed on red days either. Im always hungry on them so im just sticking to green

6. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i find red days really hard when im working, at least i can grab a jacket potato on a green day with a little cheese and salad. red days i really struggle, i work in the town centre so theres a little tesco near and had to go and buy half a roast chicken the other week because i couldnt have anything else!

if im going to have a red day i always have to plan ahead and bring sanwiches

7. monkeys bunny

monkeys bunny need 2get my head into it

Diet:
    slimming world
    i started on SW and never had a red day for months and months, but i found i was always 'bloated', i found it easier to eat green meals and prepare them etc.

i now do red days, at first it fealt strange and my body wasnt used to it at all but now i feel much better on them and havnt had a green day for ages...i think it takes at least a week for your body to get used to the changes, remember its a complex thing the human body and it doesnt really like change so give it time if you want to give reds a go.

good luck

8. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I don't like the red days so much, I hardly ever do them. I get hungry on them too

9. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I prefer green days, love pasta, sw chips, rice yummy xxxxx

10. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've only had 3 red days so far. I don't like a huge plate of meat and on a red day I usually end up eating 1 chicken breast meat-wise, and that's it. So it's wasted on me really! At least on green days you can use meat substitues and don't feel deprived. Red days are good for barbecues though, but I always crave bread/potatoes when I have meat.

11. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Yep I agree, red days are for BBQs

12. monkeys bunny

monkeys bunny need 2get my head into it

Diet:
    slimming world
    im at a BBQ this afternoon

13. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I love BBQ's, they're what summer is all about!

14. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    I like red days but find them harder to do during the week as it's easier to get a jacket potato or something similar but if you plan you can do them

I love a nice steak on the grill with bns chips and veggies, or a stir fry with chicken or steak strips, a lovely grilled chicken salad, or beef koftas with salad and a bit of pitta or rice as my HE B's

Roast chicken is always good with loads of veggies and bns mash and 1 yorkie 3 syns

I could go on but I won't :) Just plan in advance and you can use HE B's and syns for some carbs so that you don't feel hungry all day

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.