Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Had a steak at bbq on ss+

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by katys, 27 June 2010 Social URL.

1. katys

katys Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I had a steak and some salad at a bbq today and now im really worried, will this affect my weight loss? am only on day 7 of ss+

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    I don`t know if it`ll affect your WI but afaik, Steak isn`t allowed and I`m not sure what salad you can eat on SS+

I can eat a small amount of green salad on 810 plan but it`s only 3 tbsp worth and only certain foods are allowed.

Good luck!

LiSe :)

4. Big H

Big H Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(19.82%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Probably yeh! SS and SS+ are the way they are for a reason, if you are going to eat BBQ then you aren't on SS+.

5. beinggood

beinggood Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It might, and it might knock you out of Ketosis ...but I would not stress over it too much. Just get back on track and in a day or two you will be fine again. :D

6. lyndzi76

lyndzi76 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    My CDC tells me it's not the end of the world if I eat meat (any type) as it's mainlt protein but I would try to stick to chicken on a BBQ. But it's better than scoffing bread (like I have)

Good luck

7. katys

katys Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    thanks, i ended up not feeling hungry at all after that steak and only had 2 of my shakes,i know you're meant to skip any but is it ok as a one off? I dont think i have knocked myself out of ketosis because i havent felt hungry since, well i hope i havent anyway.

8. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    You have to take all your shakes as they include everything you need nutritionally as you`re not supposed to eat things like Steak and BBQ whilst on the diet :sigh:

9. katys

katys Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    i know im not supposed to but i thought it would be ok as i didnt have any carbs and i only had a small amount of salad which had no dressing and was just lettuce. i know red meat isnt allowed but i thought it would be ok as it wouldnt knock me out of ketosis and the steak was small and plain so the calories wouldnt be very high. i dont plan on doing it again neither do i plan on skipping any shakes again, i want to be 100% til i reach goal.

10. jem021286

jem021286 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    pat on the back for picking yourself back up! u can do it xxx

11. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    :( Steak has at least 200cals and between 5g and 21g of fat, Depending on which type you have. And although they don`t have many (depending on what you eat), Salad/veg also has carbs in them which is why you can only eat a very small amount.

I`m on 810 plan, So I`m not familiar with what you can eat on SS+ but I know on mine, Steak is a definate no no - You need to try and stick to white fish or Chicken/Turkey (tho I`m not sure if that is allowed on SS+ so you`d need to check it). Also, even on 810 plan, I can only have 3 tbsp MAX of veg/salad and only of a select few items. AFAIK the allowance is a lot less on SS+

Personally, Even on "one off occasions" I wouldn`t break the diet as it might just make it harder once you`ve eaten :/

Hopefully it won`t have affected your WL, When is your WI? Good luck.

12. katys

katys Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    i may not have stuck precisely to the ss+ cambridge plan yesterday but i do not look at it as "breaking the diet" yesterday as i had a v small amount of lettuce with a small plain steak, as far as i can see the only difference is i ate a bit more fat than i should have but i dont see how it will matter that much as i am in ketosis and my calories would have still been roughly 200-250 in that meal so hopefully i should be fine. if i was going to break the diet i would have had carbs or something that would be detrimental but i dont see it like that as i dont want to feel like i had a slip up or a failure when i havent really.

PS. My first weigh in is tomorrow morn

13. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    I wasn`t having a go, I was trying to be helpful :confused::sigh: If you eat off plan then it is breaking the diet? Anyway, I`ve obviously offended you so I won`t post on your thread again.

14. katys

katys Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    You havent offended me and i didnt mean to be rude or anything i just think u made it out to be worse than it really is and i started to feel bad and worried about it, when i shouldnt be really i cant see how it will do any/much damage. not that i will be making a habit of it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.