Had a total meltdown today :'(

^^^ Dee, that's an excellent quote!!!

And guys, I was back on it with a vengeance today :D Obvs the day isn't over, but I feel like I've got cast iron willpower atm. I got really depressed at work and almost had a bit of a cry in the office. The one thing the absence of food makes you do is face all the **** that you usually bury with food. But, whereas before, I would have run to sainsburys after work and bought a HUGE amount of chocolate and cookies to eat, I just sorted through all my emotions in my head and I realised that junk food makes me feel worse, not better, and I also told myself that going and eating chocolate now would only take me further away from what I want. So here I am, back at home, and I didn't use food to cope with my feelings :) It's a huge achievement, because I've never been able to resist caving in before (as we can see from yesterday, lolll). Yay me! XD

Well done. This diet is good for pointing out our weaknesses and getting us to change our habits. You can only learn as you go on! I get quite emotional and I realise it's the food change in me. The people I work with are very good with me!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I have accepted that the past couple of days were going to be impossible to restart. Lack of sleep and university stress just meant I wanted to eat. I haven't overeaten though so my weight hasn't gone up. Perhaps it shows my attitude is changing. Im going 100% tomorrow, Easter sunday ill have to have a few bites of Easter egg as my OHs family have bought me some and ill have to nibble in front of them

I have accepted that the past couple of days were going to be impossible to restart. Lack of sleep and university stress just meant I wanted to eat. I haven't overeaten though so my weight hasn't gone up. Perhaps it shows my attitude is changing. Im going 100% tomorrow, Easter sunday ill have to have a few bites of Easter egg as my OHs family have bought me some and ill have to nibble in front of them

I don't know if this is bad advice or not, but maybe if you're not going to be 100% this weekend, it might be worth just eating as sensibly as possible with normal food over the weekend and saving your packs until monday or tuesday.

abigailsweetie said:

Why do you HAVE to eat Easter Eggs? Either tell them about the diet or say you'll have it later. You don't HAVE to eat chocolate. Are they going to sit down and not let you leave til you've eaten chocolate? It sounds as if you're trying to justify it. On a diet like this you're going to face problems like this over and over you can't give in and eat every time. Just thank them very much and hang on to it. Believe me youll feel so much better for resisting it :)

Restart tomorrow as planned but do it properly otherwise there'll always be a reason not to

Last edited:
I know this sounds silly, but sometimes I forget I am on a diet? When I face things I normally do I have to remind myself I am on a diet and not to by mistake blow it?
I do agree with Starlight though..

What starlight said.

You, and only you, can decide what you choose to eat and what you don't. It's up to you (unless they're actually going to force feed the eggs to you, which I really hope they're not!!)

Why do you feel obliged to eat?

I've got a quick question, i'm on day 5 today and still no ketosis, still starving and weak and starving haha. Any idea how long it can take some people to get into it and why this might be? I've stuck to it 100% and been so good which is why i'm so annoyed :( x

Are you having aything extra at all.... a drink maybe? Chewing gum???

X

Nothing! I'm having a shake for brek, loads of water and black coffees and peppermint teas then 100g of chicken or fish grilled with not many steamed veg, def not 200g for lunch, a meal pack for supper and then a shake as 'pudding' after supper in a mush! Drinking 2 litres of water, plus coffee, peppermint tea, a glass of coke zero when i'm feeling really weak and thats it. Hopefully it'll come soon as I don't know how much more i can take of this lol x

Some people take longer than others... you using sticks or anything to test....

ANy bad breath or anything??

x

I've just finished a digusting binge guys :( I'm so damn ashamed. Honestly, I've eaten like how I see bulimics eat in films, just without the being sick part. I was doing fine today, I was feeling good off of my totally clean day yesterday, I'd lost 5lbs (water weight obvs, but still), and then I started to feel really lonely and, as per usual, I had no one to even talk to and all I could think was how chocolate would make me feel better. So I had some of my mum's that was downstairs in the fridge and i felt like **** but i thought 'ok, that's it, just get back on the wagon'.

Thing is, I had to go to the supermarket to get new cat litter for my cat, and whilst there I just piled a huge bag of crisps, a bag of haribo, a dairy milk bar and a pack of creme egg things into my basket. I knew as I was doing it that it was stupid and I wanted to stop, but I couldn't; I saw this really slim, toned guy walk past and i thought '...i wanna look like that' and then I felt really ashamed of myself but I still couldn't stop and so I bought it all, came back home, gone up to my room and I've literally sat here eating it all. I can't even understand it, I don't even want to do it, but I just could not stop myself, it was like being taken over by someone else.

I feel like I'm just going one step forward, two steps back. It's like I'm trying to change such ingrained behaviour overnight and I'm failing miserably. But I'm not gonna give up, I'm not gonna throw in the towel on this. I just wanted to tell you guys, I can't keep it to myself because I'll just keep bottling it up otherwise

i know the exact feeling as ive done it myself. except ive probably eaten more! so much that it hurts my belly! and i dont even taste the food barely so im not even enjoying it its like my head is going you have to eat this all up! stuff it in! its crazy! but dont worry like many people have said you never fail as long as you never give up trying!! keep trying. just dont get into a routine of 100% for a week then eating loads one day because effectively it undoes all the good of that week. just keep remembering that all that yummy food will still!! be there AFTER the diet! and if you ever feel the need to do it again remind yourself how your feeling now and pick up stuff thats not so bad, like sugar free jellys and sugar free sweets then if you do go mad it wont do so much damage. also drink coke zero or something because it fills your belly up so you cant fit as much in.

most importantly DONT beat yourself up about it!! get over it smile laugh at your sillyness, rmember your only human!!! and move onward and upwards! be positive about the fact that though you have done it your still doing something about your weight in the long run so no matter what happens you are going in the right direction!

lastly WELL DONE for admitting it to someone, i dont want to sound patronising but keeping it secret may 'allow' your brain to think its ok noone knows then might 'allow' yourself to do it again worse!
good luck for tomorow :) because tomorow is a new day and it WILL be better i promise

i know the exact feeling as ive done it myself. except ive probably eaten more! so much that it hurts my belly! and i dont even taste the food barely so im not even enjoying it its like my head is going you have to eat this all up! stuff it in! its crazy! but dont worry like many people have said you never fail as long as you never give up trying!! keep trying. just dont get into a routine of 100% for a week then eating loads one day because effectively it undoes all the good of that week. just keep remembering that all that yummy food will still!! be there AFTER the diet! and if you ever feel the need to do it again remind yourself how your feeling now and pick up stuff thats not so bad, like sugar free jellys and sugar free sweets then if you do go mad it wont do so much damage. also drink coke zero or something because it fills your belly up so you cant fit as much in.

most importantly DONT beat yourself up about it!! get over it smile laugh at your sillyness, rmember your only human!!! and move onward and upwards! be positive about the fact that though you have done it your still doing something about your weight in the long run so no matter what happens you are going in the right direction!

lastly WELL DONE for admitting it to someone, i dont want to sound patronising but keeping it secret may 'allow' your brain to think its ok noone knows then might 'allow' yourself to do it again worse!
good luck for tomorow :) because tomorow is a new day and it WILL be better i promise

Thankyou so much for your support, I'm quite emotional right now (as you can imagine, lol) and you've made me get a bit teary-eyed. I'm gonna try what you've suggested with Coke Zero, it might really help things. And you're so right, I can't let this become a routine or a habit. I can't even afford to do it financially, let alone physically. I feel terrible right now, so I'm going to try and hold onto this feeling so I know the consequences of bingeing again. I just hate this total loss of control, it's horrible. I'm going to start again tomorrow and hopefully tomorrow will be a good day. Thanks again Bridie xxx

First of all its done, so beating yourself up isnt going to change that *HUGS*

We all have days like that you know, I almost did yesterday too but phoned my mum and got a serious pep talk from her :) Do you have someone who could be your backside kicker if youre in that position again?

The main thing is you dont let one day turn into two days, and into a week and before you know it youre back at square one. Like you said over eating IS ingrained in us all or we wouldnt be on such an extreme diet, those habits and thoughts arent going to go overnight, its going to take time.

Hang on to how you feel today, remember the feeling. Bookmark this thread and next time youre tempted remember today. Think about the very limited pleasure you got from the food compared to how bad you feel about it.

Heres to a 100% day today :)

Aaw shame, but we have all been there! It's a big learning curve we are all on.
You will do well tomorrow, learn and move on! It's called progress and we don't learn if we don't make mistakes!

I will remember the awfulness of today and I will do my everything to not let it happen again. Tomorrow is going to be 100%, it just will be. Thankyou everyone for your support! It always means the world to me, it really really does! x

Wisney said:
I will remember the awfulness of today and I will do my everything to not let it happen again. Tomorrow is going to be 100%, it just will be. Thankyou everyone for your support! It always means the world to me, it really really does! x

Read other peoples diaries and get hints and tips.

Water: I drink mine in 75ml bottles, the first one is first thing in the morning before I have my first pack. Sets me up for the day, one after each pack. Helps me keep count!

I always take a bar and shake with me for emergencies.
I was out today without my brekkie and water, bought a large coffee in a cafe and poured in my shake, problem solved and panic averted.

Food: I love prawns and cooked chicken, so I keep these in the fridge. Boiled egg is protein only and I like them as well.. Get chicken drumsticks and cook them in a batch -flavour them with herbs and spices that are free?
When in a mood I go for the protein first, this is to see if I really want to ruin it or if I am just kidding myself on?

Are you on 4 or 5 packs? Try alternate between the 4 and 5 packs for busy / not so busy days.
Have your veg and milk whatever plan you are on, it all helps with the diet, really!
If I have a crap day, I will have my 3 packs, veg, protein, and a bar to cheer me up! Also known to eat more protein than the quota as its less damaging.

I only use my Truffa bar for a choc fix. I never have it as a rule, on,y for emergency chocolate moments!
I also read someone cut it up unto 36(ish) pieces? Or another idea is to keep them in the fridge/freezer so it was brick hard - you could cut it up and put the bits in freezer to suck on when needed.

Crisps are a different weakness and I haven't found anything that can b substituted for that.. I am sure someone else can comment!
Popcorn, air dried and no flavour? Would that be allowed as an emergency? Someone else may be able to comment.

Buy the marigold bullion they are all talking about, it's great to add flavour to veg etc without ruining the diet, some also have it as a cup of hot soup?
Also herbs and my fav garlic granules..

Planning is the key to this, the more you plan your escape route the better it is for you.

Mood board, someone said create a mood board of pics and quotes that inspire you to get on with it. Take a pic and stick it on your phone. Helps me.

Don't deviate, just concentrate and before you know it you will be in ketosis and the magic will happen..

Best of luck, if I can do it, so can you! I am still looking for Will Power, I am sure he hides from me!!

Hope you don't mind me joining guys?

Wisney,I've had a day just like you today :-( I've binged on chocolate, bread and crisps.......I hardly tasted it and I just feel sick now. I'm so ashamed of myself. I've been doing so well.

Hate the feeling of being bloated, sick etc. don't know why I did it, felt down I guess.

So hard saying no sometimes x

biggusburdus that is bloody EXCELLENT advice you've posted there! I'm going to copy and paste all of that into a word document and print it out and stick it to my wall. You're so right, I need to plan, plan, plan and have 'In Case of Emergency, Break Glass' things in place. If this happens again, and I can't control msyelf, I can reach for some of the foods you've listed instead of sugary crap. Thankyou for the tips!

Lindsay988, it really is trying to unlearn habits that we have lived with for years and years. One thing I'm always acutely aware of, is that no matter how much weight any of us lose, we will always have that issue with food inside of us, it's just a case of learning to control it, because it will never disappear forever. I think biggusburdus' advice is really sound stuff, so maybe do what I'm going to do and print her words of wisdom off, and maybe we'll both be in a better position for next time this kinda thing happens :)

Back