Had some fantastic news!

annaphylactic

Guess who's back...?
Hi everyone,

Back in May I applied to go to University this September to study Occupational Therapy. I really didn't think I'd get in - I have no real experience, my grades at school (albeit a long time ago) were disgraceful, and the course is very popular (partly as it's a good faculty, and partly as it's funded by the NHS and we are in a recession!).

So anyway - hadn't really thought about it too much until I got called for interview a week last Thursday. Found out on the day that there were three places available for seven of us. At that point I was certain I wasn't in with a chance as others that were there had backgrounds that led naturally into OT.

With all this in mind I was flabbergasted when I got an email through from UCAS saying that I had got in!!! I have to satisfy a couple of conditions (medical, CRB check etc...) but that's it... in a couple of months time I am going to be becoming a full time student!! OH MY GOD!!!!

Another great reason to get the last bit of weight off and feel great about myself - a whole new chapter! :D

(Not sure the medical OT scrubs I'd have to wear when out on placement are going to be entirely flattering, but it's worth it!)

I am so thrilled, can't put it into words... just wanted to share! Any OTs on here? Be good to get the low down on the ins and outs...

Anna x x

nice one! congratulations!
daisy x

I Know this has no relavance at all possibley?
But im a newbie and how do i delete my threads? I keep getting pointless threads but the second? any help ladies? x

wow, congratulations Anna! Everything is really changing for the better for you isn't it!

Bex, not sure what you mean in your post, can you explain more please?

Hey what fab news, well done you. I think it's a job where you can make a real difference. I suffered from depression via work related stress some years ago and the head of OH at my company was an absolute angel, he really helped me get back on my feet, at the right pace, and I ended up fully recovered and even got promoted soon after.
Enjoy your course, and I am sure you will look super slinky in your scrubs!
xxx

Amazing anna

thats brillant news well done.

x x x sam x x x

Well done. You must be so proud. :)

Congratulations on being one of the chosen! How exciting to have a new focus and direction. xx

GS_a1613ddad35b5bb7219df0c4fed8faa7.png

Congratulations and well done Anna!:flowers:

Love Mini xxx

that's great news anna! Really pleased for you. I'm thinking about becoming about a student again myself. Need to save up some pennies first though. May even train to become a plumber or something equally as 'hands on'. I wish you all the very best for the next chapter xxx

Wow well done. Does this mean now that you will be able to give us all medical advice?

well done you, good luck x

congrats anna xx

Back