Haha - well I managed it!

lshafik

I forgot all my shakes today for work as I left the bag at home and I work 45 miles from home so I had a small bit of tuna, boiled egg and a tiny bit of cucumber and lettuce for lunch and then when I (finally) got home this evening I had a shake at 7, another at 9 and my final one at 11....I know it's possibly not wise to drink that late but I HAD to have it - I was feeling so poorly :(

Well done Ishafik, my cdc told me it does not matter what time you have your packs as long as you have them (for your vitamins and minerals). Im starting again tomorrow and have never been so excited about eating boiled eggs!!

Poorly? why? To be honest my most successful days are when I leave off breakfast as late as possible, and have my last one around 10-11pm.... Evenings are the worst for me! Hope you're ok, I'm really enjoying reading your posts and love your profile pic :)

Well done Ishafik, my cdc told me it does not matter what time you have your packs as long as you have them (for your vitamins and minerals). Im starting again tomorrow and have never been so excited about eating boiled eggs!!

Good luck sweetie...I think I owe my success to my mushroom omelettes at the weekend....SOOOO GOOD!

I am glad I did drink them though like I said I was starting to feel faint as I hadn't had them since the day before and the heartburn was just awful!

Good luck with your new start.

I'm really enjoying this so far and am 9 days in.

x

Poorly? why? To be honest my most successful days are when I leave off breakfast as late as possible, and have my last one around 10-11pm.... Evenings are the worst for me! Hope you're ok, I'm really enjoying reading your posts and love your profile pic :)

I need to hav my morning one, I like to keep them well spaced out, I tend to have a shake for brekkie either a meal at lunch or dinner (when I get in from work) and then I will have a hot shake before bed.

If i haven't got time though I will have 4 shakes in a day (I am on SS+)

Thank you about my comment about my picture, my friend took it on Saturday.

Its weird as i actually wear specs so seeing me without them is queer...!

How is your journey going?
x

Started just over 4 weeks ago, but after being ill for about 10 days, and falling off the wagon completely, I'm back on with a vengeance, spurred on by someone else in the forums saying that if you cheat you might as well tear up the money on shakes! And i'm getting bored, I actually missed a junction on the motorway this evening as I was daydreaming about what life will be like, cooking healthy meals and having control over eating. I'm moving in with my OH after finishing uni in a couple of months, I can't wait to have someone to cook for! So yes basically, I'm being spurred on by the fact that in a few months time I never want to see a shake again!!!! Lost about 20lbs so I'm really chuffed!

x

Aw thats and AMAZING weight loss hunny...seriously - you should be proud.. :)

I know what you mean about the shakes and that it would be nice to finally be in control.

That is my ultimate goal too...not the want to eat, more the want to be able to understand my eating habits better x

Indeed. One of my best friends since secondary school is very similar to me with weight problems, binge eating etc, and we're both so fed up, we're 22 and should be able to walk in to Topshop and not give a damn! We're sending each other long facebook messages moaning about life every day! I'm keeping my hands busy on this keyboard to pass time when I'm wanting to be eating! Habits and addictions are hard hard hard to break.

I have the Beck workbook on my Amazon wishlist.... many people on here seem to rate it in terms of helping them understand the mental patterns of what theyre doing. If I was very rich I would love to go to counselling for this, it's helped with other dark areas of my life (and was free at Uni), I am a firm believer that if you can sort your mind you can do anything! x

I'd completely recommend the Beck book to you both - as soon as you can afford it. I'm reading my way through it now and I'm finding it really quite funny how often I have come out with some of the things she says. It really has opened my eyes to the "excuses" I have used to make bad food choices and I wish I had found it earlier on my CD journey so I could have been better prepared to working my way up the steps.

Good luck and keep going - it really is worth it and you will look back not to far from now and think - wow I've nearly done it!

The beck book is only 2.99 at the works book shop they have them all over it is a very good read

Had my first weigh in this week and lost 10lbs!!

thank you, I am quite shocked myself, going to aim for 7lb this week, although I dont think I will lose that much, as not been exercising much.

I'm on the May challenge.... If I'm down to 14st3 at the end of the month, soooo many more clothes should be fitting me!

Am getting the Beck book today, after a friend picked us both up a copy from the Works cheap cheap cheap :) back to uni, away from temptations or home and bank holidays and back on track. supposed to WI on Weds but will postpone seeing as I have hardly stuck to the diet!

How's it going Ishafik? looking forward to reading about you in Loveit!

xxx

Back