Hair Loss

Chocolate

Hi everyone

I am due to start lipotrim and have read that you hair can fall out, I just wondered how other people have gone on with this?

Does it happen to everyone? I am worried I will end up with big bald patches :(

Hi I think your hair starts to fall out when you come off LT basically it stops while on the diet
and so it makes up for lost time you lose what you would have lost in the time you on the diet don't think you'll go bald though look up summergirls posts tanya suffered with it and saw the doc about it:) too

I grew my hair pretty long, and was still growing it while on LT, didn't notice any hair falling out more than usual, though I got fed up with long hair and decided to get it all shaved, at least that way if it falls out it won't be noticeable! ;)

I've heard this, but i've went through two pregnancies where i had hair loss, & had my hair bright pink recently (bleached) so it was horrible condition. I got it all chopped off really short. Not really worried because even if my hair does thin - it will grow back!!! That's the main thing, try to remember that. x

I have really long thick hair.. when i came off lipotrim after tfr for 9 weeeks, about three weeks later an alarming amount of hair was falling out, though it doesnt come out in patches, it just thins all over.. I started to panic a bit after a few weeks but it stopped, my hair is fine now, but I do have annoying regrowth where the baby hairs are at the side of the forehead, they stick up but will soon be long enough that they flatten, bear in mind i was on lipotrim in feburary last year so a full year has gone and although not drastic the hair loss is still showing by this regrowth... my tip is the minute you finish tfr to get a cut that has layers that promote thick looking hair... hairdressers is always a good way to feel good about yourself... the hair loss can be a bit distressing but its not big clumps atall, more you notice it on the pillow, in the shower, on your jumper, a few hairs here and there, but to be honest i would rather loose a few hairs and suffer awkward regrowth than i would be clinically obese xxxx hths

Just wanted to say my hair is actually thicker now than before i started so its all swings and roundabouts xxx good luck with lipotrim, it really can change peoples lives and most people get new haircuts anyway when they are looking and feeling fabulously slim!! x

My hair is really long and thick, but has been falling out for months while on TFR. Most people only suffer from this once they refeed, but I have been the opposite way round. It's nothing to worry about as it doesn't leave patches, it just thins. I have read that once you are back onto a higher calorie 'normal' diet, the hair loss stops.

Clair x

Its scares the beejebas out of me too!!

People who have hair loss on Lipotrim are usually the people who follow total food replacement for longer than the recommended 14 weeks. It shouldn't be followed for more than that amount of time according to the head office.

My pharmacist phoned Lipotrim Head Office to find out how long I could stay on TFR for, and they said there is no 12-14 week time limit, like other diets. They went on to say, as long as I want stay on TFR I can.

Clair x

i was also very nervous about this

Well this thread has thrown up yet another bit of information that is alarmingly important.

Shouldn't or you can be on tfr for more than 14 weeks ???

My hair is really long and thick, but has been falling out for months while on TFR. Most people only suffer from this once they refeed, but I have been the opposite way round. It's nothing to worry about as it doesn't leave patches, it just thins. I have read that once you are back onto a higher calorie 'normal' diet, the hair loss stops.

Clair x
same here!

so it wont effect me if i stay on my tfr diet for a total of 4 weeks? as i love long hair and im actually trying to grow mine. i even cancelled my hairsalon appointment this week thinking ill go 3nhalf weeks later, to reward myself i guess. :\

I think it depends on the person really if you lose hair or not. I was hoping to have my haircut but LT has made it thin and I don't know if should now?

Any suggestions?

Hi minimin, I would recommend you get your hair cut.. when my hair thinned I went to the hairdressers, got a lovely layered cut and my hair looked as thick as always when dry, i also had highlighs put in, and although when in a pony tail or when my hair was wet I could notice that my hair was much thinner than normal, it looked as thick as ever... my hair stopped thinning after about two months, and grew back thicker than ever and actually looking healthier than ever, so please people dont panic about it, it is a short term side effect of ketosis and some people dont experience any hair loss... and most people who do live with it and then end up with thicker hair when the regrowth starts!!!
(in relation to another post 3 people who I know and myself who were on lipotrim for less than 10 weeks all experienced hair thinning, I dont think it has anything to do with the length of time as there are people on here who have been on lipotrim for months and not experienced hair loss)

While in ketosis the body restricts itself to essential functions. It reserves energy to see out what it perceives as a drought.

Normally we shed lots of hair every day, but this is not essential. So the body saves it's energy and you do not shed as you normally would.

When we start eating again our bodies relax and resume normal functions. So you will see lots of hair going at once. Don't fret as it's the hair you would have shed daily without notice. Some people lose it while on LT, but other's don't lose it until they start eating.

I have 'shed' loads! I am lucky as I had loads to start with. I get my cut often and I find that helps loads. Find a good hairdresser and as Tasha says - Get a great layered cut to make it look thicker.

There is one bonus though - It doesn't grow as quickly (saves a fortune on haircuts) and you don't have to wax/shave your legs and your bits as much! Delighted!

Oh and LadyinLondon, which 'Head Office' was this? I'm really interested because like Clair and Minimin I was also told by LT head office that you can stay on LT as long as you want without adverse affect as it has everything you need in shakes to keep you fit and healthy.

LT has been around for years. I think it started off in hospitals, used by Doctors. It has been tried and tested loads.

I remember my pharmacist said that one of the downsides for staying on lipotrim tfr for too long is that your bowel can get 'lazy'.... not quite sure what he meant by this x

Back