Hair loss?

Sparklechickie

I has anyone suffered hair loss on this diet? I'm on day 6 and iv started to noticed more hair coming out than normal. I'm doing total solution x x

Hi Sparkle
I'm just starting week 5 and I haven't really noticed any hair loss... although I do have an awful lot of hair to begin with!!
This was one of the things that concerned me - I dabbled with LighterLife for about 3 days last year (it made me feel very ill!) and the counsellor suggested that we take Sea Kelp if hair loss became a problem. I read up on it and it's supposed to be good for your nails too so you can't lose :)

My hair is one of the things I've always quite liked whether I've been fat or thin so hair loss was a major consideration for me before I started. Although if this diet stopped the hair growing on my legs it would be a very welcome side effect :)

No evidence of any hair loss for me, being going strong since March 7 2011.
GSQ

My hair is noticeably thinner since I started TS and I know others also have this problem, but I would rather have thinner hair and a thinner waist :)

SammyLou said:
My hair is one of the things I've always quite liked whether I've been fat or thin so hair loss was a major consideration for me before I started. Although if this diet stopped the hair growing on my legs it would be a very welcome side effect :)

Scares me that to. I'm going to take a hair and nail supplement in case. My hair has taken a loooong time to get in the good state it's in now. Would hate to loose it. Wish we could select the hair that needs shedding ( bikini, legs, moustache, underarms, chin. ;) )

Hair loss should be minimal, its just our body choosing what to spend the low intake or kcals on. Survival mode.

I usually lose it either side of my temple, the same place pregnant women do. But I only notice when I come off plan and it start growing back. Its only a temporary side affect :)

hannata said:
even if you do lose some of your hair (not everyone does) it will come back so its not really a big deal. AAM is put in place in week 5 to help prevent it but everyone is different

That's good to hear. Lost loads of hair when I was on Adios. Clumps of it fell out. Very very scary. I have super thick hair and lost about 30% then. All back now. 8 months down the line...

most of you wont even know you have the hairloss problem until you START EATING again. the hair growing process is halted due to low calories (the body cant continue all of its functions on such low amoutn so new hair growth is shelved)... therefore the hair stays dormant and wont grow... which means you also DONT SHED any as you usually would. when you start eating again the calories re-start the furnace as it were and the hair kick starts to grow and this is why you lose it - its forced out by the new stuff as it starts to grow. This is why people suddenly find out that they are extremely thin on top but only ONCE the damage has been done and you have completed your TS journeyand reintroduced food. Just cause you dont notice it now doesnt mean it wont happen sadly :( - but by the time you ar eback on food you should be all slinky in a new body so hair may be the last worry when you are on the beach rocking ya new bikini!! :) LOL!

x

bye-bigun! said:
most of you wont even know you have the hairloss problem until you START EATING again. the hair growing process is halted due to low calories (the body cant continue all of its functions on such low amoutn so new hair growth is shelved)... therefore the hair stays dormant and wont grow... which means you also DONT SHED any as you usually would. when you start eating again the calories re-start the furnace as it were and the hair kick starts to grow and this is why you lose it - its forced out by the new stuff as it starts to grow. This is why people suddenly find out that they are extremely thin on top but only ONCE the damage has been done and you have completed your TS journeyand reintroduced food. Just cause you dont notice it now doesnt mean it wont happen sadly :( - but by the time you ar eback on food you should be all slinky in a new body so hair may be the last worry when you are on the beach rocking ya new bikini!! :) LOL!

x

Very informative. Thanx

Me too! I have thyroid problem so have thin hair, hence why doc told me all about the above in great detail with the science bits! The hairloss is main reason I chose to top up with food.. don't wanna lose hair as I doubt mine will all come back. Would rather slower losses and still look ok rather than have it go quickly but also take my hair with it! X

I'm just starting week five I notice a few strands here and there falling but I got long hair atm I guess ill see when I have it cut: s

Back