Hair Loss

Saska

Silver Member
Hi, luckily this has not happend to me ...yet!! but I have read that hair loss can be a side effect of the Cambridge Diet and other VLCD's. Anyone experienced any probs in this department?
Tks, Saska :)

Hi,

I have only been doing the W8 diet for 6wks so havn't had any problems but a friend who followed the Cambridge diet lost a lot of hair and it got really thin, she had long hair and had to have it cut up into a short bob it became so thin.

I am hoping to get to goal before I start having any issues as I have thyroid issues so my hair is thin enough with it getting any worse :(

I had hair loss on the 2 occasions that I have followed a VLCD. On both occasions it happened 5 months after I started the diet (the first time round I had finished the VLCD a month before I started shedding hair) but it did stop eventually and as I've got quite thick hair it doesn't notice. I'm still on the VLCD this time round and it started happening just after Christmas and it has stopped now a month later.

I took Perfectil this time round (supposed to help with hair skin and nails) but didn't prevent the hairloss unfortunately.

Oh dear but tks to all who responded. It's a tough price to pay for following our goals but fingers crossed to all affected that your hair grows back nice and thick. Although I have shortish hair I will be keeping a close watch.... x

I lost a fair bit of hair when I was on Lipotrim, it did grow back pretty quickly after I went back to normal eating though.

My hair thinned when on LL and it took a while to thicken back up... it's very strange though as hair was poker straight before and now is wavy!! I'm on Exante now.. so could end up with curls this time!

Hey Saska, totally unrelated but I can't help notice your post count and your join date. Do you really have 289 posts just from 31st Janaury? That's an average of 19.26 posts a day! Or did the counter mess up? Just curious...:/

nope i think the counter is right....i'm a chatterbox alright but have also been playing the word games a few times ;)

I too have had hairloss as I got closer to goal (previously) but did grow back when I increased my calories. Was scary as my hair is thin...dont think it was noticable to others though.

I have done a VLCD twice and both times I had hair loss. I felt like loads was coming out and one day I'd go bald lol. No one else noticed and my family said they couldn't really see a difference either.

The first time it start after 5 months and the second time 3 it happened when I started cheating and eating crappy door here and there not sure of that it just a coincidence though.

Mine grew back pretty quickly and is just as it was before now. I'm on day 4 of CD so am expecting it to happen again

Hi, I'm doing my 2nd VLCD. I did my last one for 6 months and by month 4 my hai started to fall out. Not a huge amount though and it went back to normal when I finished the diet. Sadly, so did my weight (well, it tried to!). This time its coming off and staying off. Hope that because I won't be doing it for as long this time that the hairloss might not happen...

Worrying about the hair loss coz I already had to change the side I part my hair coz I got a big bald patch. Don't know why although maybe coz I have pcos? And I used to pull out random curly hairs until I embraced my natural curliness! I've left it alone for 6mths and i'm only starting to see a little regrowth so i'm panicking.more hair will fall.out and I won't be able to disguise it and all the hair i'm growing back will stop

I lost three stone on the Cambridge Diet - I didn't notice my hair loss at first but my hairdresser did! He went mad at me! I took loads of hair supplements, used special shampoos etc. but none of it made any difference. Unfortunately, after this weight loss, I fell down the stairs and broke my leg, and as I had to stay immobile for 12 weeks, my 'kind' husband fed me pizza and fish & chips every night...... :sigh: Yes, of course, I put the weight back on! I'd love to do Cambridge again as I know it works, but I promised myself and my hairdresser that I wouldn't - I don't have a great deal of hair anyway, and any loss shows. (To prove this, my hairdresser held up some hair the other day, and said that it had taken TWO YEARS for the new hair to grow down to the other hair! :eek:) So, as much as I'd like to - I just can't! (It's so frustrating - it's the only diet that's EVER worked for me!) :cry:

Back