hair loss

Hope This Doesnt Happen To Me!!! My Hair Is Really Short And It Would Be Really Noticable :(

my hairs quite thin already i hope i dont get any more thinner is this hair loss when your on the diet for a long period of time or is it quite normal to loose hair quite soon on the diet im loosing weight quite good about 4ibs a week so dont want to be bold by the time i finish the diet ive still got 2 stone to loose really worried now

Why oh why do you only lose hair on your head? I would love it if I lost a few from my pits, my legs, or even better my chin.............:eek: :D
I know!!! I got annoyed when I read that email about the body deciding to save energy for 'essential' growth!

Why does it feel legs on my eyebrows, armpits and legs is essential????? :mad:

I think I need to have words with my body about it's priorities!

you have legs on your eyebrows??:eek::eek:

:D Thought it was only me that typed like that :D

My hair has always been fairly thin, or 'fine' as my lovely hairdresser assures me, but I have noticed that it is 'finer' than usual lately. There aren't any bald patches so I can cope with it.

In the end, it's a small price to pay, and in my case nobody else has noticed, and I can only tell by the way that it feels, so don't panic yet anyone.

Last edited:
guys I am getting worried - the science sounds really dodgy to me - I love my hair - its the onlu part in my weight - that when its washed and left makes me look and feel good . I reallly dont want to loose that :(

guys I am getting worried - the science sounds really dodgy to me - I love my hair - its the onlu part in my weight - that when its washed and left makes me look and feel good . I reallly dont want to loose that :(

This has really worried me but the way I am looking at it is that it will be a gradual thing. It won't be like you go to bed one night and wake up the next morning and it has all fallen out. So if and when the time comes and you notice that you are losing more than you would normally then you can make an informed decision based on how you feel at the time. I have decided that it's pointless stressing about it as it may never happen but if it does, like I say, it will be a gradual thing so I can make a choice then :) xx

Totally agree Daisy - no need to stress about something which may never happen :)

ahhh but do you stay the weight you are unhappy and unhealthy with nice hair, or go for it get to goal and MAYBE have slightly thinner hair that will grow back ?

i did 7 months on ss and yes I lost hair, but i wasnt bald , i just thinned a bit, but i had LOADS or shorter hairs , now i have been off cd for 6 months it has totally regrown and is strong shiny and healthy

just being objective here:):)

good luck in whatever you decide x

thanks guys. I had a momentary panic lapse ........... I just had fear of baldness - thinning I can cope with
i do have thick hair so I think I should be okay .........

I did lose alot of hair while on SS, it started around week 14/15 and has only now stopped coming out as bad, 3 months since i reached goal. I didn't have any bald patches just general thinning, but my hair had never recovered post pregnancy and with this on top it's not too hot at the moment.

I started taking Nourkrin when i got to goal so i don't know how much that has helped to reduce it coming out but it is getting better, hoping in another 3-6 months it will be back to normal. It is awful to lose your hair but i would rather be thin anyday and have less hair than go back to how i was before :)

Back