Hair thinninh

What are your up/down day cals?

Are you getting cold? Are your nail beds pink or more blue?

did u previously do a vlcd? i did and my hair fell out a little but after juddding it was ok again after a while. alternatively it could be thyroid, symptoms are usually lack of energy, feeling cold especially hands and feet, feeling tired with low mood, hair thinning including eyebrow hair, dull dry skin, slow metabolism. maybe a blood test might help if ur experiencing these other things too x

I have only been doing JUDDD 7.5 weeks but either way I haven't noticed my hair thinning since doing this plan. I did notice my hair thinning when I did a VLCD for 3-4 months... it was horrible. I'm now getting little tufts of regrowth.

Another thing tho. Haven't had solid poo in weeks. Every morning at 6.12 I get v bad poo pain and have very sloppy poo. Then I get another about 10.30. Sometimes I have one in the evening. This has been going on for about 2-3 weeks now

You won't have hair loss on juddd. Hair loss is a symptom of a long term vlcd. Once the body gets used to not having a lotof cals it prioritises calories to brain heart etc and removes from the non essential things like hair growth.

Nothing to do with ketosis or short term fasts.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Are you eating a lot of fibre, e.g. vegetables after not eating much fibre the past? Fibre speeds up evacuation, but it shouldn't make them sloppy unless your body is unaccustomed to so much fibre. Have you been drinking a lot of diet coke, etc or chewing on sugar free gum or sweets containing Xylitol? Lots of sugar free peppermints and Trident white gum contain it. Xylitol is good for your teeth, but it can have a laxative effect if you overdo it. I eat a reasonable amount of fibre on my up days, porridge for breakfast, plenty of vegetables and fruit,l plus lots of veg on my down days l and I am pretty much in the normal range, however I might go a couple of times some days.

I have been JUDDDing for nearly four months and my hair hasn't thinned. I'm averaging half a stone loss each month on a mainly alternate up and down day regime.

I think it's probably my meds. Been Judding since Aug and the thinning seems to have happened over a fortnight. The sloppy poos could also be the meds. I've been advised to take that lactobacillus acidophilus stuff.
The sloppy poos could also be causing lack of vitamins which could contribute to hair thinning!

I'm sure it will all sort itself out tho. TOTM had made me over emotional and over react. Ha

Take a multi-vitamin with food on your down days, and preferably on the up days. The lactobacillus acidophilus will probably help. I eat normal probotic plain yoghurt because I love it, but it is almost meant to be good for the stomach. I'd speak to your doctor about the hair thinning and the painful stomach cramps, etc if both problems persist. Any on-going issues with your bowel that can't be attributed by the medication should be investigated.

Take a multi-vitamin with food on your down days, and preferably on the up days. The lactobacillus acidophilus will probably help. I eat normal probotic plain yoghurt because I love it, but it is almost meant to be good for the stomach. I'd speak to your doctor about the hair thinning and the painful stomach cramps, etc if both problems persist. Any on-going issues with your bowel that can't be attributed by the medication should be investigated.

Thanks for that. Will give a few weeks of the pro biotic and see what happens. Docs will no doubt put it down to diet and claim Ibs and/or meds

I'd really recommend you speak to your doctor or ring NHS direct. It's could be all sorts of things, and not necessarily linked to your diet or medication.

I got very poorly on juddd and my hair started to fall out. I did a thread about it a while ago but I seemed to be in the minority. Every diet affects ppl differently, just because most ppl font have hair loss or bad side effects doesn't necessarily mean its not the diet. I became very run down it just didnt agree with me at all, perhaps eat a sensible low fat diet for a week a f see if your symptoms improve?

Back