Hairloss...

Skyemagic

I have a question: I was advised that the CD program may cause hairloss due to reduction of certain nutriants and stuff. Now, I am absolutely paranoid because my hair is the only thing about my body that I like...
Can anyone shed some light on the severity of all this? :wave_cry:

Thanks guys

I have a question: I was advised that the CD program may cause hairloss due to reduction of certain nutriants and stuff. Now, I am absolutely paranoid because my hair is the only thing about my body that I like...
Can anyone shed some light on the severity of all this? :wave_cry:

Thanks guys
hiya skye,
I've not come across anyone on minimins who suffered big time with this problem. I myself found a little excess hair falling out after I came off cd and went on a binge. I couldnt see any bald patches, nothing like that, I just found the odd hair on my top etc.. It seems to have stopped now though. We spoke about this a lot last year so if you type in HAIR LOSS in the search box you may find some more info.

I wouldnt worry about it though hun, sorry, obviously you are worried, I'm only telling you what I know. I'm sure a cdc will be along shortly with more official info.

best of luck on CD

xx sj xx

Ive been on CD for about 16 weeks and have found a little more hair in my brush than previously, but it really isn't much. Please don't let it put you off doing the diet, it really does work :)

I've got to say that i am suffering pretty bad with the hair loss, but that's not the case for everyone. Mine started around week 14 and i lose quite alot when i wash it and when it's tied back i can see my scalp in places where my hair has thinned(though it's not big bald patches more a gradual thinning all over) I'm reasured from others though that it will grow back, and it hasnt put me off carrying on with the diet. Try not to worry too much, i'm pretty sure it's not to do with lack of nutrients either, more likely a hormonal reaction that can happen along side weightloss :)

I've got to say that i am suffering pretty bad with the hair loss, but that's not the case for everyone. Mine started around week 14 and i lose quite alot when i wash it and when it's tied back i can see my scalp in places where my hair has thinned(though it's not big bald patches more a gradual thinning all over) I'm reasured from others though that it will grow back, and it hasnt put me off carrying on with the diet. Try not to worry too much, i'm pretty sure it's not to do with lack of nutrients either, more likely a hormonal reaction that can happen along side weightloss :)

IT'S GOOD TO HEAR IT'S NOT PUTTING YOU OFF AVA.

well done on your weight loss, I almost fell off my chair when I realised how much you'd lost,,,cor blimey, way to go you!!!!!!!

xx sj xx

Reactions: ava
Hi, I did 20 weeks' of SS and didn't notice any hair loss and I have fairly fine hair...I don't think it happens to everyone.

Ava - like sophia-jo I am blown away by your fab weight loss. Well done...you must be feeling terrific.

Thanks Sophia-jo, it's been tough at times but i'm nearly there now, looking forward to getting to goal!!!! Good to see you back again too :D

Thanks Frejja, and well done on your 89lb, that's a fantastic achievement :)

Back