Half a stone on

vj

Had a loooong chat with my group leader last night about my BIG gain when I've stuck to the plan. The group were supportive and it was suggested that the rationing of CD may have now forced my body into panic storage mode (it makes sense). I've now been told to do SAS sheets for the week. Will do my best but my motivation is wearing just a little now.
Help me.

Hiya Wez,
me again!

did you go straight from s.s to slimming world? If so that would be why you have had a gain as it's your glyogen stores filling up...

Give it a while and see how you go....

I was thinking the same thing, water and glycogen, but that wouldnt account for so much weight gain I think....Theres a few peeps who have had gains on SW, maybe you should try a diet with more control like WW? Food is limited so you know when you not overeating etc Keep your chin up tho it will soon go in the right direction xxx

Hiya Wez,
me again!

did you go straight from s.s to slimming world? If so that would be why you have had a gain as it's your glyogen stores filling up...

Give it a while and see how you go....

No, I finished SS about October then tried the maintaining steps. I gained about stone by 1st Jan and lost most of it on 790CD till mid feb. Really found it hard as I was cold and hungry so, after research, went to SW. I am enjoying it, except for the gain.

:confused: mmmmmmm

fingers crossed you'll have a loss this week :)

Were you keeping a food diary before, you know the sheets you give in to the leader?

Don't really have any ideas,hopefuly someone will be along who will tho....

Oooh have had one idea lol, maybe do the speed foods for this week, see how yougo?remember Jen saying she had gained whilst doing the mainly green days...

Do you alternate your red and green days????

sorry to hear you've had the same prob as me. i reckon it's Cd-related myself. it is hard to keep motivated when you keep gaining. tell me about it. i'm ill at the moment but when i'm better i need to have a long hard thing about which diet to follow or if i should stick to sw.

Definitely keep an accurate log of everything you eat, every last crumb so that they can see what's what and refer it to their HO if necessary. They can help you though! If you are finding it tough your consultant can give you a special diet plan maybe for a week or two (they don't give them out to everyone but only if you are struggling!). I do personally think that your body is reacting after doing CD - going from shakes to unlimited free foods has to be a huge shock for your body. I remember discussing this with Jen. Good luck and let us know how you get on!! :)

hi hun believe me your not the only one. i done ss for 3 weeks then done aam for half a week and couldnt take it knowmore so decided to do ww again. for 2days i ate what i wanted and out on 5lbs and since being back on ww i have lost 1 1/2lb. i asked the same question as you and i got the same responce, its all to do with water and gly(something or other) levels. keep it up i know what its like when you have been sticking to it and the weight goes up. keep us updated with your weight loss.

This site is great because people really understand what each of us is going through. Thanks for all your replies and great ideas. I had thought about maybe doing a few success express days as I do eat alot of speed foods. My leader hasn't mentionned anything about a special diet plan yet, I think it's because I'm new and she's happy with my weekly food diaries.
However, doing SAS sheets really make me check my syns like beef has syns when roasted and so does rhubarb when cooked. Really getting a well thumbed section of my book. I may even get a food directory for true accuracy for sizes.

hi wez, just wanted to say good luck with this week.

keep us posted on your progress.

snail. x

Wez, it will work, your body just has to get used to it, and I bet once you start losing you'll do it really quick. Make sure you are weighing everything, and measuring your milk etc, and definately write down a food diary. Your consultant will help you, she just needs to se when your body starts to adjust. Speed foods should help, plenty of fruit, strawberries are good, and lots of quornmince and chunks, and peas and baked beans are good too.

Goodluck.

Back