Half marathon training

coachnomad said:
Yay, I've finally done a 10k!!! I did it in 1:13.24 which is about what I was hoping so happy enough with that :)

That's brill well done :)

I did a 7.5 mile run this morning. My legs really ache now though!!

Jo - Im doing Silverstone too.

Well done Claire on your 10k :)

Thanks Claire, yes running for wish upon a star.

Hello all :)

Hey,

Glad i've found this thread, new to MiniMins as of today, so bare with me while I get the hang of everything. I'm training for the Brighton Half Marathon in February, i'm up to 8miles, still got a while to go, but plan to really get on with training when i go home for christmas, i much prefer the running routes in Devon.

Anybody else running at Brighton?

happy running little runner ducks :) xx

Well done pinkie fab time :)

I did my 5k on Sunday. It was a v.hilly course which I wasn't expecting and did it in a time of 35:38

Running is off this week though as I've had my tat touched up on my foot so best to let it heal properly before whacking trainers on.

Feeling guilty tho and it's only day 1! :(

Thanks hun :) x

Well done Summer!!

I did 7.5 miles this morning. I was planning 8 miles but my daughter woke up. I decided to do my long run today, as I am so busy this w/e and wasn't sure I could fit it in.

Great going shazz. I can't wait to be up at that mileage again!
Planning 5milers for next week.

Ive been out of action this week. 4days so far and the runners guilt is eating away at me!!! :( lol

Thanks guys :)

I'm sure you'll soon be up to my distance Summer.

I have a frustration. I have been 2lb away from goal for months. I cannot seem to budge the last two lbs. I thought running all these miles would help, but it seems more of a hindrance. After my runs, especially my long run, I am so hungry and seem to eat so much more. Infact I am like a pig! I also get the same feeling the following day. I am counting calories, so can see how much I am eating. What does everyone else eat, do you also get the munchies afterwards? I feel the only way to reach my goal is to stop running until I do, then restart, but then I am making good progress with my running so don't want to stop.......gggrrrr!!
Comments would be appreciated :)

Well Shazzabir, as annoying as it must be to be so close to goal, you are only 2lb away so I would probably forget about it. It could be that your body is happy at that weight so you'll never shift it. The other thing, are you drinking plenty of water because it could be water retention due to the exercise.

Back