Half marathon training

I shall have to check it out as my 10k is in may and I'm messing around just doing the odd runs. Saying that I can only do what my knees will allow at the moment!

Oooh, signed up for my first half marathon! Ages away in September but looking forward to the training already :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Well done Jenny! I was going to but I seriously don't think my knees could take it, struggled doing 3 miles on sat :-(
Decided to do some strength exercises and some Pilates instead with the odd 2 miles in between see if it improves but I have a feeling my running days are coming to an end.

Good luck Jenny! I've had to pull out of reading half marathon because a friend's getting married in the north the day before. It's probably for the best - I've been running once this year! I'm doing a commute that can take up up two hours each way and I just don't have time at the moment.

Thanks all, I've only been out once this year too, it's just too cold for me! Run is in September so have plenty of time, will crack on proper training from April I think and just do the occasional run now.

Which one are you doing? I'm thinking of the royal parks one, hopefully by then I'll have sorted myself out and actually be out running!

Exeter half marathon 22nd sept. I live in Bristol so just over an hour away but I used to live there so going to our favourite pub for lunch after :)

There's a half may 19th in Tewksbury which I wanted to do but am away that weekend

Hi all, anyone still around?! I've not been running for ages now but now the clocks have changed, am determined to get out, hopefully tomorrow.

How is everyone? xx

hiya jenny!! ive not been running since around the end of last august!!! eek!!! determined to get back into it.....well i tell a lie i did 4k(pathetic) about 2 weeks ago,lol but other than that!
really am determined to get back into it though as it helps with the toning etc so much and i really enjoy it - but my god its hard getting back into it!

I'm here too. I didn't do the half marathon in Reading - my friends were getting married the day before so I couldn't get back in time and I haven't had the time/motivation to train since Christmas!

I've just joined a new gym near work so I'm hoping to start running again soon!

half marathon done :D

not sure on timining, there wasnt a clock at all but i feel it was alot quicker, and i ran almost all of it. really pleased with that today, perfect running weather and im on a running high

im in a fair bit of pain now, but i can definatly say that was the best run yet.

just silly of me not actually going out for a run for the 2 weeks before it

the results are still not up :( really exited to see them now :D

I have just found this thread and would love to join you all for motivation.

i have done the Great North Run for the last 2years and have a place this year. I have not been out training since the middle of January because I had a detached retina and had to have an op on my eye. My doctor has just given me the go ahead to get back out so did a very slow 2.6 miles last Sunday with a doctors check up again 2 days ago. All is ok so the trainers are back on but you know how it is trying to stay motivated when you have had a long break.

please keep posting

the timings went up!
my last half marathon was 2hrs 54 mins 58secs..... todays half marathon was 2hrs 34mins 19secs.

just less than 21 minutes off my previous time. im very surprised, i knew i went faster, just didnt think that much faster.

amazed! and still in alot of pain when i move

Back