Half marathon training

normal to knock so much off a time?!

just working on not walking unless i have to (like taking a drink ect)
think my mind was more on my music as everyon else found out inc two unfortunate runners who had me suddenly bursting into song right behind them.

started off with a slower pace though, walked for about 5 minutes at the most...

That's a cracking time...well done

Thanks shrimp :)
Haven't yet moved out of bed but finding it hard to move without pain. Never had this with my previous runs and I wasn't sore after them, I am with this though!
Gonna try and have a gentle stroll around town today see if it helps a little

The walk helped briefly! Bought some cooling leg gel that might help

my next running half marathon is in 4 weeks :D the next walking one is 6 days!

How shocking!

so many innocent people have been hurt ... On a day that should be all about happiness, personal bests, strength and so much more. It will truly change how people think when they step over any finish line from now on. :-(

It's such a shame about Boston :(

did my walking half marathon last night, finished in the top 20 and did it in 2hrs 50 mins.

thats faster than i ran my first one, hmm.

Anybody still around?

I am trying to build my distance back up to a half. Aiming to do Silverstone early next year, so have plenty of time. Currently back on B210k.
It really is amazing how you can lose your fitness so quickly if you do not keep the training up.

im still lurking around :)

im still lurking around :)

Me too-haven't run for a month or so as fell down a flight of stairs in work and have badly sprained my ankle! It was 5 weeks ago and I'm still struggling on it-looks like running will be off the agenda for a while :(

oh no, I hope you feel better soon :(

I bet! it'd drive me mad not being able to go out running :(

I have been slacking the past week but with everything that's gone on my heads not been right and I don't know how long I will be like this for.

Back