Half marathon training

Not long to go then!! 9 miles is a nice distance. Where is it? x

Plymouth Half Marathon is my next race so 13.1 miles :) x

Hey you have a half coming up later in the year. Besides 9 miles is a good distance Coach. x

hmm.

found out the reason i find running so hard.... my muscles at the bottom of my back are all tight, no wonder ive been in agony after my runs.
got some stretches to do to loosen them now!
exited for my half marathon now that i know i wont be crying in pain by the time i finish. lots of walkers doing it aswell, so im ok nkowing i can always walk it if i need too!

the half is in october :) plenty of time to train

its in preston

almost got talked into the full marathon... the full is at 9am, the half is at 10am. ill try a few halves first before a full :)

Yes think that would be wise Gina, lol

was my brother trying to talk me into it!

Have been for my run this morning and managed 13.1 miles!!! The best part is I did it in 02:19:43, so really pleased, 3 mins quicker than Silverstone!!!
I am dreading the pain 2moro though!!

wow well done!

It's a little bit quiet on here? Hope everyone is doing ok.
I have my next half in 3 weeks on Sunday. I think it will be a great race, the organisers are making so much effort. Not only do we get medal, t-shirt, lucozade & water, but now getting free gels, special lollipops a Pre race warm up in the middle of the football stadium!! As well as our live band, lol.
I'm more excited than nervous, which is a good thing. Hope it stays that way!!

I hope you don't mind me invading your thread! I've just signed up for my first half marathon on 25th November. It's a long time off I know but it seems an awfully long distance to prepare for. I'm doing Race for Life 10k on 19th May and can now run 7 1/2 miles at 11 minute mile pace. With the 10k I'm aiming for under 1h 5 mins. I know I stay motivated when I have a challenge so hopefully this is a big enough one to help get the remaining stone off as well!!

Welcome Littlemeercat!!
Signing up for a race is always great for motivation :)

Thanks Shazzabir for the welcome. Never thought I'd enjoy running but I've really caught that bug!

Hi littlemeetcat, well done on signing up for your first half and good luck. I do an 11 minute mile too although am steadily getting faster. I'm more intwlerested in finishing though rather than the time I do it in.

Glad you're excited about your half Shazz, that is indeed a good sign :)

I've just signed up for the Bristol half at the end of September :)

Back