Half marathon training

Welcome littlemeercat and well done on signing up for your first half :) I too do 11min miles. Slowly but surely getting a little faster. Did my long run last week at 10:58 min mileing.

Great news on signing up for the brizzle half coach :)

I signed up for the Torbay 10k yesterday. It's at the end of august so in between Plymouth and Bristol half do should keep me focused. I've also just bought 6tops a pair of shorts & a water belt for running & gym classes. All in pinks purples & baby blues. No more looking like a complete tomboy runner lol

Xx

Well done for signing up coach!!! You have much more time to prepare for this one and it should be a lot cooler :)

10k is a great idea Summer, races certainly keep you motivated!

Littlemeercat - it's amazing how this running bug gets you, it takes over your life!!

Shazzabir said:
Littlemeercat - it's amazing how this running bug gets you, it takes over your life!!

Sure does!!!

I am indeed! :) can't wait! Are u staying over night in Bristol on the Saturday?x

Staying at the travel lodge not far from the start. I can't wait for it :) I'd say look now hun as when I went to book a few weeks ago hotels around that area were looking at £70 a night! X

I looked at the Travel lodge but it would have cost me £130 (I'm staying Friday and Saturday night) so I looked at the B&Bs and I've booked one about a mile or so away for £55 in total so pleased with that!!

Ah that's ok :) I managed to get a room for the sat night at the travelodge for £30. It'll be my first race away from home so having to travel but it'll be nice as all my aunties, cousins & grandad live there so hopefully they can come see me cross the line! X

How did you get it for £30??? They were charging me £70+ for the Saturday night. Are you staying at the one in Anchor Road? xx

No, the other one.

Well travelodge somehow has two sites. One quoted me £70 the other £30 same hotel etc and so I went to book the £30 one with the evoucher I had but it wouldn't let me cuz my evoucher was on the other site. So I got in contact with them the next day when both sites said £70 and i had screen shot the two diff prices and so they honoured the £30 price. Lucky really! X

Nope! I'm really excite for it.
I have heard its pretty flat except for mile 11ish when there's a bit of a hill. X

Have any of you done Park Runs? A work colleague mentioned them to me today. They're time trialled 5ks done around the country but they're free once you've registered and anyone can go along.

Yeah I've heard of them but there isn't one in Plymouth :(

My nearest Park run is about 45 mins away, so too far away. There sound great though

My nearest is about 45mins away too in Exeter. They could so easily bring one to Plymouth but for some reason they haven't :(

Back