Half marathon training

Not long now!!! Are you getting excited?

I do my last long run about 2 weeks before and normally make it 10 /11 miles. Then the week before I do 6 miles . On the race week I only do 3-4 miles over two days.

Two weeks before race day I did a long run on 10miles, week before 9miles and this week I have done just 2x 2mile runs.

3 days full restage of the legs now before Sunday's half :)

Defo only do short runs on the week of your race.

odd but.... how often do you hear aout people being bitter at these runs?

i finished my 5k today, and some woman walks up to me and says "you walked some of that, i should have finished before you becuase i ran it all"
bit shocked at this and didnt say anything to her just stared at her. she kept glaring at me too, bloody hell, i was happy before she said that to me. made me feel like id done something wrong when id gone my PB!

someone over heard her say it and later said to me shes a sore loser. but why be so bitter like that? its not like i was even near being the fastest, i was in 136th place!

How strange!!! I must admit when I did a 5k last year that was very hilly and on a trail when I had been used to road running, I was a bit aggrieved to come in last when I had run the whole thing and some of other people had walked the up hills. However, it gave me a great sense of achievement to know I had run the whole thing. That is indeed a very sore loser and that's just the way it goes. Be happy with your time and your run :)

i am happy with my time, just a it bummed that she chose to target me :( and when she said i walked some of it, only about 5 minutes of it, i was jogging slow most of the time and did the occasional sprint

ive been a bit angry at myself for coming in second to last during last years sport relief run. didnt say anything but just cried and cried all day about it. sounds daft but i was really dissapointed

LOL she clearly never did maths at school! Well done on beating your time maybe next time you should practise your boxercise on that one!!!

odd but.... how often do you hear aout people being bitter at these runs?

i finished my 5k today, and some woman walks up to me and says "you walked some of that, i should have finished before you becuase i ran it all"
bit shocked at this and didnt say anything to her just stared at her. she kept glaring at me too, bloody hell, i was happy before she said that to me. made me feel like id done something wrong when id gone my PB!

someone over heard her say it and later said to me shes a sore loser. but why be so bitter like that? its not like i was even near being the fastest, i was in 136th place!

good idea, at least wont see her around again.

some people have to try and ruin it though dont they?

Sore loser!! Just ignore people like that. They're not worth it. You bagged a PB & had a great race be proud & happy :)

I had my 2nd half marathon on Sunday and came in at 2:30:33 ... A teeny bit gutted I didn't get my sub 2:30 but I did bag a new PB & beat last years time by 9mins32secs so overall very happy.

Looking forward to my next one in September where I will get a sub 2:30 :)

Amazing work Summer that's unreal!!

Well done Summer and Gina. Excellent results!

well done summer! im hoping to do my half in at least 3 hours. my first one so im not aiming high for it, but if i can walk it in 3 hours 50 minutes then hopefully i can run it in 3 hours

i have time off work friday so ill go for a 3 mile run in the morning. never thought id say ill do a 3 mile run at 8am but its the only time im not busy! need to watch for dog poo on that park though.... it was discusting on monday.

Last edited:
Really pleased with myself this week. I've upped my sessions from 2 running and a gym session to 3 running and a gym session. This means that for the first time I have run a half marathon over the course of a week! Completed 14 miles this week so now onwards to doing it all in one session by November!

That's great progress Littlemeercat!!!

less than 2 weeks til my half!! I went for a long run on Sunday and I now have a sore knee...ooopppss :( Gonna take it easy until race day now, just doing some spinning and low mileage runs! i can't wait!!!! xx

Whooop awesome, yeah rest up that knee - RICE it as much as you can. Hope it goes really well for you after all this hard work

less than 2 weeks til my half!! I went for a long run on Sunday and I now have a sore knee...ooopppss :( Gonna take it easy until race day now, just doing some spinning and low mileage runs! i can't wait!!!! xx

4 mile run today, actually wasnt as bad as i thought it would be.

starting my half training properly now, today was just a practise run but tues (as of next week), thursday and saturday are going to be my run days. will be doing a quick run to the gym fridays and sundays but thats not much.

some bad bruising on one knee and my other knee feels tender but i think thats a result of too much champane at my brothers wedding sunday..... :rolleyes:

Back