Half marathon training

Thanks guys! Feel ok today, just a bit sore down the front of my thighs. Hoping it won't be worse tomorrow!

great timing there! thats the kinda time i can only dream of :p

great timing there! thats the kinda time i can only dream of :p

Haha, nice to know there are other slower runners out there. I don't think I'll ever be really fast though my longterm aim is a sub 1 hour 10km!

What half marathon training plans do you guys follow? I've done two 10ks this year and a friend's talked me into doing the Reading Half Marathon next March.

Haha, nice to know there are other slower runners out there. I don't think I'll ever be really fast though my longterm aim is a sub 1 hour 10km!

What half marathon training plans do you guys follow? I've done two 10ks this year and a friend's talked me into doing the Reading Half Marathon next March.

woop yes im a slow runner too, but i plod along happily :)

i havent been following a specific pogramme, just running on the days i can, and upping the distance. i started off doing 7 miles, stuck with that for awhile and upped it gradually. 4 days now :D my aim to finish is 2hrs 23 - 35 mins

Not been running for over a week now, am missing it! Done a 50min dvd tonight so it's not such a shock on Friday.

Think I may apply for reading half marathon. Anyone done it or know what the circuit is like?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Sorry for the delayed reply, i've just got back running this week after my op, 2,3 &5 mile run. I have followed hal Higdon too, lobe his training plans

Jenny809 said:
Not been running for over a week now, am missing it! Done a 50min dvd tonight so it's not such a shock on Friday.

Think I may apply for reading half marathon. Anyone done it or know what the circuit is like?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

My friend did it this year and loved it. I think the route's up on the website already.

Sorry for the delayed reply, i've just got back running this week after my op, 2,3 &5 mile run. I have followed hal Higdon too, lobe his training plans

Good to know, thank you! I've had a look at his plans and read up on different things that should be included (so intervals/fartlek and hill training as well as tempo and long runs) and cobbled together my own plan from all that.

I did intervals for the first time last night (based on Yasso 800s so 800m at 9km/hr then 200m recovery) - I really don't run that fast and I wanted to die by the end of it and my heartrate was up at 180 according to the treadmill but I feel amazing today and I can definitely see how intervals will improve my fitness!

does anyone carb load? ive been reccomended to do it, but im fine doing my runs without eating loads of carbs :S

think after ive done my last race run in november (10 miles) ill still keep up the running, but not as often. maybe once a week for a 10 mile run? that way if i ever want to do another half marathon, most likely i do seen as my long term goal is a full marathon in 4 hours, then ill be able to speed myself up and do ok distnace wise. no pressure to training after too

i just signed up for my 2nd half marathon, this ones the 24th of feb in blackpool :D

actually did an exited squeal when i got my confirmed email.

just found out my brothers doing the run too, even better!

does anyone carb load? ive been reccomended to do it, but im fine doing my runs without eating loads of carbs :S

think after ive done my last race run in november (10 miles) ill still keep up the running, but not as often. maybe once a week for a 10 mile run? that way if i ever want to do another half marathon, most likely i do seen as my long term goal is a full marathon in 4 hours, then ill be able to speed myself up and do ok distnace wise. no pressure to training after too

I've read that you're meant to do it for a few days before you run. I didn't, but I did eat a big bowl of pasta the night before! I think if you are fine running on whatever you normally eat, there is no need to change things now.

I'm poorly again! Not a happy bunny today, was meant to do 3.5 but couldn't face any, I've had a few hot toddy's and the max amounts of tablets, I want to be better!!! On my own tomoz so no running planned unless Alfie decides to have a good snooze! Xx

its tommorow, getting picked up at 8am!

Back