Half my body weight to lose!!!

Nessa29

Gold Member
Hey everyone I'm Ness and I'm 30 years old I live with my husband of 3 years and my 2 children aged 7 and 3.
I've been on minimins in the past and had several diaries but thought I would set up here in the search of buddies who also have a long way to go and hoping old friends will join me here too.

I'm starting fresh tomorrow morning doing the weight watchers plan at home.
I'm guessing I'm just under 23 stone but will confirm that in the morning.

Hi looking forward to reading your diary. I only started doing ww 5 weeks ago and im loving it it fits into my life style as got 4 kids well teenagers (21,18,15,14) and daughter in law to be & 10 month old grandaughter plus husband all living with me so very busy household and work as a hairdresser. I got along way to go my starting weight was 19st 3.5 lbs and im down to 17st 3.5lbs but I want to get to 10st so hopefully I will get there want to be slim before I get to my 41 birthday.
We will all be here to help you on your journey good luck hun x

Found you! Got to post and run, but just wanted to say Hi again! xxx

Hi looking forward to reading your diary. I only started doing ww 5 weeks ago and im loving it it fits into my life style as got 4 kids well teenagers (21,18,15,14) and daughter in law to be & 10 month old grandaughter plus husband all living with me so very busy household and work as a hairdresser. I got along way to go my starting weight was 19st 3.5 lbs and im down to 17st 3.5lbs but I want to get to 10st so hopefully I will get there want to be slim before I get to my 41 birthday.
We will all be here to help you on your journey good luck hun x

Thankyou for coming across to my new diary. Do you have a diary?
Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all and nice to have someone else who is doing WW xxx

Welcome :) I'm pretty new here but everyone is great and really supportive! Good luck, look forward to sharing successes xx

Welcome :) I'm pretty new here but everyone is great and really supportive! Good luck, look forward to sharing successes xx

Hi there thanks for joining my diary xx

Good luck :) I've also got a lot to lose - more than half my current body weight - but like everyone else on here, I'm determined to do it.

If you're doing Weight Watchers at home, I bought the Weight Watchers Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Scales from Amazon for £9.99 to keep track of my weight, so if you don't have your own scales at home I'd recommend those. :)

Good luck :) I've also got a lot to lose - more than half my current body weight - but like everyone else on here, I'm determined to do it.

If you're doing Weight Watchers at home, I bought the Weight Watchers Ultra Slim Glass Electronic Scales from Amazon for £9.99 to keep track of my weight, so if you don't have your own scales at home I'd recommend those. :)

Thankyou for the tip but already have a set of electronic scales.
Are you also doing weight watchers? Xxx

I've done WW before and had good results with it, but I eventually gave up through lack of will power. This time around, I'm doing a low carb & low calorie diet and it seems to be working for me. :)

Hi Ness:) I have about 8 stone to lose. I am doing calorie counting and using MFP. Also strarted walking exercise. Will be great to support each other on the journey.

I've done WW before and had good results with it, but I eventually gave up through lack of will power. This time around, I'm doing a low carb & low calorie diet and it seems to be working for me. :)

That's what happened to me last time, I lost 3 stone and just totally lost it :-( so if I get to that point again where I go off track I'm gonna quickly swap diets to mix it up again and try and plough through the low times. Xxx

Hi Ness:) I have about 8 stone to lose. I am doing calorie counting and using MFP. Also strarted walking exercise. Will be great to support each other on the journey.

Hi there thanks for joining my diary I found last time the support on here really made a difference to me so I'm looking forward to sharing this new journey.
I'm quite worried about the exercise side of things I always try to do too much too soon and then when I can't do it I beat myself up over it so I think I'm going to try and start with fun exercise like boxing on the wii or going swimming and work it up from there do you have a diary would love to follow you xxx

So I'm having the last supper!! I won't tell you what it is but it's naughty lol get it all out of my system ready for starting plan tomorrow. I'm excited and looking forward to the week ahead!!! Xxx

Have you tried Atkins? I was doing it before I switched to the diet I'm on now - which had nothing to do with how effective Atkins is - and it is super easy to stick to, as long as you're willing to plough through the initial week or so when the carb cravings are at their worst. Obviously if WW works for you, stick with it, but if you do find yourself getting a bit bored or wanting to eat high point stuff (like cream, cheese, bacon, etc.) then maybe give Atkins a go.

About the exercise - when I started, I was like "GONNA DO CARDIO EVERY DAY AND LIFT WEIGHTS EVERY DAY OMG YES!" but I soon realised that pushing myself to do too much just meant I got fed up too quickly. Maybe try doing 3x 10 minute bursts 3x a week? So like, 10 mins in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and 10 in the evening on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, and then when you're comfortable with that, make it do 15 mins 3x a day 4x a week, etc. Just increase it slowly. :) Or do a little bit of exercise every day. I'm incredibly unfit (like, embarrassingly so!) so I'm aiming to do some strength training every evening, even if it's just a little bit. I'm not pushing myself super hard but I am getting into the routine of doing *something* you know? That's the best way to go about it, in my opinion.

Have you tried Atkins? I was doing it before I switched to the diet I'm on now - which had nothing to do with how effective Atkins is - and it is super easy to stick to, as long as you're willing to plough through the initial week or so when the carb cravings are at their worst. Obviously if WW works for you, stick with it, but if you do find yourself getting a bit bored or wanting to eat high point stuff (like cream, cheese, bacon, etc.) then maybe give Atkins a go.

About the exercise - when I started, I was like "GONNA DO CARDIO EVERY DAY AND LIFT WEIGHTS EVERY DAY OMG YES!" but I soon realised that pushing myself to do too much just meant I got fed up too quickly. Maybe try doing 3x 10 minute bursts 3x a week? So like, 10 mins in the morning, 10 in the afternoon and 10 in the evening on Monday, Wednesday & Friday, and then when you're comfortable with that, make it do 15 mins 3x a day 4x a week, etc. Just increase it slowly. :) Or do a little bit of exercise every day. I'm incredibly unfit (like, embarrassingly so!) so I'm aiming to do some strength training every evening, even if it's just a little bit. I'm not pushing myself super hard but I am getting into the routine of doing *something* you know? That's the best way to go about it, in my opinion.

I've never tried Atkins not even sure what it is but anything is worth a try if I get stuck I do love WW though its my comfort blanket for now I'm just hoping I don't hit that sticky point this time I think it's cause it took me well over 2 stone to drop a dress size and I just thought what a long slog that was now I gotta go through it all again to be able to notice a result! But I need to take a day at a time and stop trying to look ahead all the time.

Great idea about the exercise doing it in 10mins bursts and then increasing it. Thanks for that I will give it ago xxx

There's an Atkins forum on here somewhere which will give you all the info, but the basic way to describe it is you cut out all carbs except for about 20g from veggies, and you eat plenty of protein & fat. It can be a bit difficult to wrap your head around at first, because we're told that high fat makes you fat, but it really does work well. It puts your body in a state called ketosis where you're burning fat for energy instead of carbs. The low carb aspect is something I've stuck with, and I'm in ketosis at the moment, but I've paired it with relatively low fat/low calorie as well, because I like to make myself suffer, lol. Anyway, enjoy your last supper!

Another thing I'd recommend is planning your meals ahead of time and keeping the snacks you want to eat on hand at all time. I have snack packs of almonds, string cheese and some peanut-caramel Atkins bars on hand to snack on to avoid reaching for something I shouldn't eat. I've also planned out my meals almost to the letter. I eat the same thing every day to keep myself on track. WW will give you more variety, but planning ahead is always a good idea. Do you have the MyFitnessPal app? I use that and log everything - including my exercise and water intake. There's also a website if you don't have the app. And as long as you put that you're in the UK when you sign up, you'll find almost every food you can think of listed.

Back