Half Ton Mum

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Ro Laren, 18 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Ro Laren

Ro Laren 7st 11lbs down ...

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(29.46%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    Half Ton Mum is next broadcast on TV on Wednesday 22nd Oct 2008 22:00, More 4

A terribly sad documentary, worthwhile watching.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Annie68

Annie68 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(14.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I watched this last night. How sad. It was awful seeing the 13 yr old daughter too. She was so honest, but what a very sad life those two girls have had.

The thing I struggle to understand is that how when someone is bedridden for 4 years at over 45 stone is how she can put another 20 stone one when others are obviously feeding her.

I know if it was someone I loved dearly, as her family obviously did, I couldn't keep feeding them enough to put another 20 stone on her. 20 stone in 4 years is an awful lot of weight when you can't get into the kitchen to help yourself to food.

don't get me wrong, I know how easy it is to put weight on, I need to lose another 130 pounds, so I'm a 'big girl' myself, but where were the GP's etc to help her even when she was refused surgery for 12 years?

It was all so very sad.

4. Bee1978

Bee1978 Full Member

Diet:
    W8
    I watched this a while back - very very sad :( xxx

5. Ro Laren

Ro Laren 7st 11lbs down ...

Start Weight:
    26st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(29.46%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I think as soon as someone reaches the point of being bedbound, there is a certain amount of enabling going on.

Although there was a story about a man who ordered fast food from his bed and lowered the money in a bucket out of the window.

The fact Renee Williams was 29, and in surprisingly good health makes the outcome even sadder.

6. Bee1978

Bee1978 Full Member

Diet:
    W8
    I definitely agree with the enabling - when I watched it I really did think her family could help her by feeding her more healthily xxx

7. Gloria19

Gloria19 I know I can do it..

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    23st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    19st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I agree, very sad to watch.

If her family loved her they should have not made her anything unhealthy and let her get herself out of bed to get it. :( easily said than done I know.

At a massive amount of weight myself (23stone) I sooo feel for her, but she was still walking at 40 stone, in good health (if there is such a thing) fora 60 odd stone that she got too.

I couldn't help it.. but I kept saying to myself, "oh, I hope they show her after it's worked and when she's lost some weight" (I love a happy ending)

I really didn't expect her to die. :( so sad!
    Poor kids!

8. danzlilsista

danzlilsista Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.87%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I remember watching this and crying for days, so sad had no idea it would end that way.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.