Half Ton Mum

Ro Laren

7st 11lbs down ...
Half Ton Mum is next broadcast on TV on Wednesday 22nd Oct 2008 22:00, More 4

A terribly sad documentary, worthwhile watching.

I watched this last night. How sad. It was awful seeing the 13 yr old daughter too. She was so honest, but what a very sad life those two girls have had.

The thing I struggle to understand is that how when someone is bedridden for 4 years at over 45 stone is how she can put another 20 stone one when others are obviously feeding her.

I know if it was someone I loved dearly, as her family obviously did, I couldn't keep feeding them enough to put another 20 stone on her. 20 stone in 4 years is an awful lot of weight when you can't get into the kitchen to help yourself to food.

don't get me wrong, I know how easy it is to put weight on, I need to lose another 130 pounds, so I'm a 'big girl' myself, but where were the GP's etc to help her even when she was refused surgery for 12 years?

It was all so very sad.

I watched this a while back - very very sad :( xxx

I think as soon as someone reaches the point of being bedbound, there is a certain amount of enabling going on.

Although there was a story about a man who ordered fast food from his bed and lowered the money in a bucket out of the window.

The fact Renee Williams was 29, and in surprisingly good health makes the outcome even sadder.

I definitely agree with the enabling - when I watched it I really did think her family could help her by feeding her more healthily xxx

I agree, very sad to watch.

If her family loved her they should have not made her anything unhealthy and let her get herself out of bed to get it. :( easily said than done I know.

At a massive amount of weight myself (23stone) I sooo feel for her, but she was still walking at 40 stone, in good health (if there is such a thing) fora 60 odd stone that she got too.

I couldn't help it.. but I kept saying to myself, "oh, I hope they show her after it's worked and when she's lost some weight" (I love a happy ending)

I really didn't expect her to die. :( so sad!
Poor kids!

Back