Half ton son....his mum is defo a feeder!

but how traggic for him to be there in the first place shame on that mum!better fit she had the councilling when she first lost her 1st son,then maybe none of that would of ever happened
xxx

The poor kid, I just hope that he manages to lose all the weight now he's away from her. How sad and tragic that a mother can do that to her child. While I'm not defending her actions, cos they were completely wrong, she must have some serious psychological problems, some deep emotional need that only feeding her son and keeping him 'happy' can fulfill.

Giving him the hot dog when he got home, well I could have slapped her myself, she needs to cut the apron strings and let him go.

How i feel about people who weight a ton or there abouts...

There surely comes a point where you stop and go "No, hang on, i don't want to belike this anymore" We've obviously all reached that point, hence why we're on SW...
I reached that point when size 18 trousers were getting too tight for me, at 16 stone...

How the HELL do you get to 30-40 odd stone and NOT see a problem????

it did seem like she "liked" having to still look after him like a baby. its such a shame, he couldnt walk and he is just a kid still.

How i feel about people who weight a ton or there abouts...

There surely comes a point where you stop and go "No, hang on, i don't want to belike this anymore" We've obviously all reached that point, hence why we're on SW...
I reached that point when size 18 trousers were getting too tight for me, at 16 stone...

Yh I didnt get it at all :/
I got to the size I was and I knew I had to do summat... needed a push Like my wedding but hey it worked!
x

In answer to that, I got to 27st 5lb and while I saw that I was big, I really didn't see it as a big problem. The simple fact is, I didn't know I was as big as that.. ok, that doesn't sound right, but it was like, I could look in the mirror and see that I was big, but I didn't recognize myself as that person. In my head I was still a size 16, to some extent I still feel that way, it's still a shock when I see a picture and see that I'm really not a size 16.

I'm really not going to sit and justify what she did to her son, as far as I'm concerned it's attempted murder, she could so easily have killed him by her continual over feeding. However, I don't believe she intended it to go that far, I think she's a mother who loves her son and somehow that love got warped along the way. She needs some serious psychological help, she needs to learn how not to smother him with her love and how to let him go.

Yeah the mother could have thought hmmm maybe one bigmac meal is enough and not 3.

But the kid is to blame too, he had no will to do anything and the surgery was done to exemplify the fact that he has no will power.

What is wrong with doing a LL diet its the same result any diet he goes on would shed pounds.

I agree with you Andrea. I got to 21 stone 7 at my all time heaviest, lost 9 stone and then crept back up to 20 stone (my starting point in October). When you look in the mirror you don't actually 'see' the reflection, you don't acknowledge it, it's a bit like reverse anorexia. You know it's you, but no way do you REALLY look like that because in your head, you are so disgusted by what you see, you won't admit it's actually you.

In this poor kid's case, this wasn't true. I don't know if he ever looked in a mirror tbh, but what his mum did to him was very cruel and made his life a misery. He's had to go through so much because of her, he's missed most of his life already. I can't believe a mum could love her child so much but still turn him into a completely dependent monster (for want of a better word). And the thing is, it ended up with an enforced separation, the thing she was trying to avoid all along.

As I was watching, I was so angry at the mother and even said to my OH, she needs shooting, but then I felt so sorry for her that she felt she had to resort to feeding to keep her son's love. Very sad for both of them.

It's very messed up. It's like she wants to keep him a prisoner in all that fat, to stop him leaving her. She needs serious help and he needs to stand up for himself and say no, I'm not eating this rubbish any more. Very sad all round.

These last few messages got me thinking about looking in mirrors and realised I 'hide my head in the sand'.

I don't look in full length mirrors. If putting on makeup I use a small mirror and only look at my eyes, or lips, or part of my face - never the whole thing. When doing my hair, I literally 'home in' on my hair and ignore everything else.

I guess it's the visual equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going 'la, la, la' so you don't hear something you don't want to.

I saw this last year. I understood more when it was revealed her other child had died. She probably then focussed on her remaining child and tried to do everything she could to make him happy. To reach 60st he must've had a food addiction since childhood. If she saw food made him happy or seemed like it she probably just gave in to him. I used to try to blame my parents for my weight problem since childhood, I wondered why didn't they step in and put me on a diet or something? Dad spoilt me after my baby brother died when I was two perhaps trying to over-compensate.

I think the mum tried to keep him as a baby for as long as she could and it got out of hand but grief does strange things to people sometimes.:eek:

I think the whole thing is just WRONG! She has basically ruined that boys life by giving him everything he asks for. I think she is the one that needs the help. She even admitted that the son knew which buttons to press.

If I gave in to everything my kids wanted they would look like the size of a house, but because I am not afraid of using the word NO, they are very healthy, active, children. I would be mortified if my kids became overweight because of the food that I was feeding them. That is also why our kids are so fat. Parents are just too frightened to let their kids go without and too frightened of them to say no. Hopefully there will have been some parents out there watching that programme which may have said to themselves, "that will be my kid if I keep giving in to what they want", but sadly, I don't think that is going to happen.

that guy has missed his teenage years, those are the years where we get to have fun and enjoy ourselves. The mother was out of order for feeding him up like that, and i couldn'[t believe my eyes when she gave him a hot dog for his first meal at home.

I agree with everything you have said space angel. Part of being a parent means saying no. I was ok as a child it was when i got my first job and started earning i bought what food i wanted then gradually put on weight then had the kids.

The other thing is , they were co-dependent. He was manipulating her as well. Still now they've split them up, at least he stands a chance, and the hospital seem very good at following them up.

glad someone else started this, poor boy he deserves better, all that I Love You stuff and her acceptance that it was the death of her other son that was an excuse she knew what she was doing she should have been prosecuted. Does anyone know what happened to him did he lose the weight?

i watched it to. It was terrible to watch, his mother should have stopped feeding him. Did ye see her doing the shopping ? then she went to mc donalds was it for burgers? The father didnt seem to have much input into things at all only he's a picky eater :rolleyes: I hope he has gone on an lost the weight and moved out from his mother!

These last few messages got me thinking about looking in mirrors and realised I 'hide my head in the sand'.

I don't look in full length mirrors. If putting on makeup I use a small mirror and only look at my eyes, or lips, or part of my face - never the whole thing. When doing my hair, I literally 'home in' on my hair and ignore everything else.

I guess it's the visual equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and going 'la, la, la' so you don't hear something you don't want to.

OMG suepat I am TOTALLY the same. I dont remember the last time I realy looked at myself properly. I too just zome in on what I am looking at (eyebrows, eyes etc) and the hair comment really made me chuckle....thatg is me 100%. I guess it's quite sad really.....

Sometime I wander why my fiance wants to be with me and what he sees in me. I must make his life miserable with all my moaning and exta weight!!

One day, I'll be 10 stone!!!

Anyay, I too watched that poor boy slowly die and tbh I was appauled. Even after the bypass, she was still feeding him too much. Tut tut. What's my excuse??? lol x

I saw this and cringed as well.

She lost a baby before she had him and she even at one stage admitted that she spoiled him and fretted over him which is understandable. The shame was that she didn't get the help she needed at the time.

The father works away from home which allowed her to "rule the roost" but surely at some stage he must have though "what is she doing to our child!!!!" and then got some BACKBONE and laid down some basic rules.

She did in fact turn her son into one giant baby. At one stage she's telling him he's her baby but not a baby in the past tense but in the present tense!!!! Wha!!! I want to see my "babies" grow up and blossom. God she even changed his nappy like a baby and when she was feeding him that chocolate lolly it was like a mother giving her baby a bottle and then!!! He sicked up JUST LIKE A BABY!!!!

To be fair as well he seemed to become weak and child like in her presence which was noted and thankfully at the end they were seperated BUT did anyone notice that it was described as an "enforced" seperation!!! My money is on it being the Mother who had to be "enforced".

Back