Halfway there...

rosie kate

I'm about half way to my final goal of 11st and have another 32lbs to go. It's about this point I usually get a bit wayward so I thought I would start a little diary for myself but feel free to chime in!
I set myself the challenge of fitting back into the dress I wore for my uni grad ball four years ago by the end of November. I achieved that goal today so I took a little picture and compared it with one taken not long before I started. Got to be honest, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself and it's definitely given me a reason to keep working at it. Can't wait to take the next photo :)

1392074_515482669115_582096916_n.jpg

Thank you Emmaline :)

Only had a little slip up today - had a small biscuit at work, I hate being the girl that turns down things like that at work - nobody really likes that girl! Mondays and Saturdays are the days where I end up on a team break and there are always baked goodies and biscuits or chocolate passed around, so I allow myself to have something small - more to be social than anything else. Hasn't hindered me so far, hoping that run continues!

Breakfast - Scrambled egg (feeling a bit unimaginative this morning!)
Lunch - Ham & Cheese Salad
Dinner - Salmon with a philly sauce, broccoli & cauliflower
Snacks - 1 Rich Tea biscuit
Drinks - Tea, Coke Zero, Water

Had some nice comments from work colleagues today, who've just started to notice that I'm losing weight but got the old chestnut "you're not going to lose much more are you? you won't look right, you're meant to be a curvy girl" hmmm not sure what to say to that!

I've had that before where my friends have told me not to loose too much weight. They might be happy at being 40 stone and unfit, but I'm going to loose weight until I'm happy with how I look and feel and also my job depends on me being physically fit, so I need to look after myself.

Do what you need to do and loose as much as makes you happy. After all, no one was made to be curvy, we just get to a point where everyone accepts us as that and a change is hard for some of them to adjust too. Maybe because they secretly wish they could have the will power to loose weight too.

I intend to Kuromi! :) Sometimes I think people genuinely think they're being nice by saying those things. I find it's mostly people who are slimmer than me that say it though. My friends that struggle with their weight too have been so supportive and been like little cheerleaders even when they're not doing so well themselves. Although there's always that friendly competition to lose the most that week!

Ahh I've been a naughty girl today :( fun size mars bar and gingerbread latte. Damn miserable winter weather!

Breakfast: Huevos Rancheros
Lunch: Tuna Mayo w/ Jalapenos and Celery Sticks
Dinner: Winter Stew with Pork (Did it in the slow cooker, the house smelled amazing when I got in this evening! Yum!)
Snacks: Mini Babybel, Fun size mars bar
Drinks: Water, Coke Zero, Gingerbread Latte

Going to try and stick to a much lower carb intake tomorrow and kick myself back into gear. So...here's my diet plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast: 2 rashers of grilled Bacon, 2 poached eggs
Lunch: Leftover Winter Stew
Dinner: Steak with Broccoli & Cauliflower
Snacks: Celery with Organic Peanut Butter
Drinks: Water, Black coffee

Oh dear. Well I managed to stick to my plan above except I had a steak stir fry instead for dinner and no celery snack, but yesterday the old hormones got the better of me and I had a Krispy Kreme donut. :break_diet:
Cold winter nights + PMS = epic carb cravings. I did start off well, had scrambled egg for breakfast but rushed out to work and forgot my lunch, grabbed a coffee to spur me on whilst I ran about like a headless chicken for most of the day. I'm a bit weird about eating by myself in public - I think I have this paranoia that people will take one look at me and think I'm too fat to be eating [insert food here]. It's stupid.

Today I haven't really eaten properly at all, breakfast was scrambled eggs again, then a couple of slices of fresh cooked ham. That's about it. Need to get my head back in the game. Definitely more difficult now I'm not seeing the same results as I was earlier in my diet. Logic and science tell me that is to be expected but I have zero patience!

Tomorrow is a new day and a new week, so time to start afresh!

Not been very angelic at all this past week and certainly haven't been keeping a food diary. Just been picking at food and not eating proper meals, which I know isn't clever! Especially when you start picking at the Haribo. Still managed to lose 1.4lbs this week though (no idea how) and am currently sat in size 14 jeans that aren't too tight! I have three meals out this week too! Tomorrow, Friday and Saturday! Will endeavour to make good choices.

Back