Halfway through, and beginning not to recognise myself :( !!

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Hi, Am a serial lurker on minimins and have been enjoying reading other people's journeys whilst giving myself a break during my pregnancy. However, have realised that for the last five months (am 22 weeks) have stacked on the weight (don't know how much because don't want to weigh myself) and my shape is really changing - not my tummy, I can live with that, but my thighs, legs, bum and upper arms are getting really chubby, and I'm well aware that that won't just 'fall off' once baby's born.

everyone around me is doing the 'relax, your pregnant' thing, but it isn't an excuse to get really lazy, which is what I'm doing. With my first child I ate healthily, only put on a couple of stone and lost it within a couple of months, but this feels so different. Am eating junk food like it's going out of fashion and doing pretty much no exercise. 4 more months of this and the damage is going to take ages to undo!

Have decided to do Slimming World diet as I think it's really healthy, and can't do my favourite one (Atkins) while pg. Am really asking for everyone's fitness tips. Will be mainly doing DVDs in the evening as with a toddler at home long walks/bike rides are out of question, so wondering which ones anyone does? Have one pregnancy one, erin someone or other which I quite like, but does anyone do any weights ones or are they not advised? Any input/motivation will be gratefully received. If only to help me forget the subway I had for my lunch!!!

Hey Hun,

You've taken your first step just by admitting to yourself and by posting on here so well done, welcome and the next step is probably going to have to be to weigh yourself (sorry :()

I know it sucks, I missed three weeks of wi's and I really didn't want to go but I put on 4lbs took the hit and this week is a new week!

I'm having a chocolate day today, I think that as long as we have the good intentions of sticking to plan and keep as close as we can and do the best we can then we need to not be so hard on ourselves!

At the end of the day we are pregnant, we want to enjoy it so a little extra indulgence every now and then is nothing to feel bad about :)

I'm using my wii but I think something nice and gentle like a yoga DVD would be ok, I would talk to your midwife about what exercise she would find acceptable, mine is happy with walking, wii fit, yoga and my exercise ball. Swimming is fine aswel but I get sick every time I use public pools so I've been told to avoid swimming :(

Congratulations on your pregnancy

X x x

thanks for advice Mummy2beslim. I will consider weighing.......... (still scary though).

I have set myself two daily goals to try and stick to.

1) Have under 15 syns a day
2) do at least 30 mins exercise a day.

This week has gone quite well, Monday 9.5 syns and 40 mins prenatal dvd and Tuesday 6.5 syns and 40 mins prenatal dvd. felt hot sticky and tired last night but made myself do dvd anyway and am glad I did now as feel good about myself this morning. Also went to pub with family and resisted crisps (of which i usually have about 8 million packets) and stuck to a pint of lime and soda.

Am 24 weeks today and my bump is at last looking like a bump. This makes me feel less self-conscious as before my tummy just looked chubby, particularly as I've put on weight everywhere with this one (it's a girl) whereas my first pg (my son) I was mainly bump.

Poached eggs for breakfast. yum! have to admit, I'm not good at avoiding all the things you're meant to in pregnancy, my favourite sandwich filling is smoked salmon and goat's cheese. oh well, no one's perfect.

Hope everyone's enjoying this weather and it's not too hot and uncomfortable xx

Have been doing really well for last 4 days, although didn't exercise yesterday. Was about to slack off again tonight when I realised that missing a workout to spend ages on the sofa looking through this site for 'motivation' might be missing the point a bit so am off to dig out my sports bra........At least weather's a little bit cooler which makes life easier.

phew! 30 minutes of kickboxing done. Think I've earnt my hot bath and trawl through minimins:)

grr to people preparing food for you without being asked to. Grrrrr. How many syns have I just spent on white bread (which I don't really like), really thick margarine (which I really don't like) and ham with the fat still on (which I quite like but would prefer in a pasta dish or something). No chance to refuse without offending the mother-in law either. oh well. Apart from that quite a good week, and have really got back into good SW habits, like eating fruit and yogurt for breakfast and snacking on fruit. Only done about 3 exercise sessions though, so need to step those up this week. Maybe aim for 5?

Feel a bit tired and stressed tonight - so treated myself to a large plate of sw chips (thank you philips Airfryer!), beans and poached egg. with a frozen mint muller light for pudding felt like a real comfort meal but all syn free on green. and that's why I love Slimming World:D now.... to workout or not workout... that is the question....

Just dug out an old nineties workout dvd. One of the gladiators ones. Actually really enjoyed it, but kept to as low impact as poss, neither bump nor boobs enjoy being flung about at the moment

Back