Halloumi's journey to losing almost 4 stone...

I'm the exact same! Last year I lost 1 stone 10 lbs in ten weeks without having a gain week or even staying the same.... as soon as I had a gain week I went off the wall... didn;t go back to class, ate all around me.... and then rejoined and left about 10 times, no exaggeration. It got to the stage last week where I was so embarassed about joining again that I said it to the Consultant. She was lovely though and just encourgaed me!
Really ahve to make sure I don't fall off the wagon again of I get a gain... I see so many ladies who have lost so much weight in the class and everyone of them has had gains at some point! Need to keep it in my head ha!

I find that this site helps me, I can say it as I think it here, but I couldn't open up like that in a group setting, on here, even if I am ranting to myself it makes me feel a bit better somehow, and keeping a food diary here helps me to view what I've eaten at a glance.

You lost almost 2 stone, that's a real achievement, how much have you regained? At least you know you can do it, it isn't easy but go for it. This is the best time of year to do this I think, we have months before anyone is even thinking about showing a bit of flesh, in my secret wishful thinking head I'd love to be able to magically unveil a size 10 shape in summer!

It would be too easy after a crap week (gain or miniscule loss) to say 'stuff it' and binge on all the bad stuff that I can get my hands on in the kitchen. What's stopping me at the moment is knowing that 1. The only person who will lose out is me and 2. I'm so tight that I simply can't waste a £100 food shop that was double my normal food shop cost and includes things that I wouldnt normally buy, e.g. alpen lights, options, ryvita, leerdammer light, bloody expensive yogurts etc! I can't really justify the cost as it is, but even less so if I then decide I'm through with it (I know I sound mean, but I have a budget and when I spend on food like that I have to cut back somewhere else, so its only worth it if its worth it - if you see what I mean?!)

Oh I love my scales this morning, they're showing me 12.13 and a half. I would be well happy if they say that on Monday!

Having a really good week, turning down bad choices for good ones and generally planning really well. I need to start planning next week and thinking about the shopping, eating well is very expensive!

And I've managed to reduce my scales addiction, haven't hopped on in the evening at all this week, but morning 'checks' are pretty well ingrained now!

It's definitely heading in the right direction for you :) ... I'm also a scales addict, every monring and night - not sure yet if it is a hindrance or a help! I regained 10lbs of the original 1 stone 10 lns I lost but managed to shft 5.5 lbs this week on my first week back!

Where there's a will theres a way :)

My scales say the same this morning as they did yesterday. I hope they carry on over the weekend :)

Now the question is, I've been good all week, stayed nicely within syns, but I haven't had an alcoholic drink. I'm working late tonight and I think I'll fancy a couple of g and ts when I get home. I'm worried that my weekend drinking might affect my weight loss on Monday. I'll only have 2 and stay under my syn allowance, but I had a couple last weekend too and only ended up losing 0.5lb. Hmm, decisions.

Well scales have surpassed my expectations today, 12.11 3/4 I need them to hover there until Monday's official weigh in please! I did a lot of walking yesterday, and only had 2 g&ts so stayed within my syns. I was losing some motivation yesterday, long day, rubbish journey home etc. And I saw a chocolate orange in the fridge. I could have quite happily scoffed the lot, but, I managed to resist and restrict myself to 2 segments. Phew. Glad I did now I've seen the scales, its a good incentive to stay on track today too.

well done on what your scales are saying!
hope it stays that way for you:)
i think it was my scales hovering up'n'down last week that sort of started my binge!
Lesson learnt ....although it doesn't stop me weighing every morning without fail:rolleyes:
Just need to ignore the bad ones midweek and take the end weekly result!
My groups scales are the ones i go by, although my groups this morning said 12st 2.5 and mine at home before i left said 12st 2.4 !!
very little in it which is good :)

I'm following it at home so can only go by mine. Which makes it harder to ignore when its not a number I want mid week I guess. Sometimes we all just need a binge. Get it out of our systems and then carry on. Hope you feel reenergised and back on track now x

I'm following it at home so can only go by mine. Which makes it harder to ignore when its not a number I want mid week I guess. Sometimes we all just need a binge. Get it out of our systems and then carry on. Hope you feel reenergised and back on track now x

Yeah difficult when weight fluctuates mid-week, but you should still go by the end weekly result, i think anyway, hard as it seems sometimes :)
Re-energised is another word for it lol, yep, all that sugar!
Back on it 100% tomorrow :D

Up slightly today, but still in the 12s, I just hope Monday morning doesn't result in a jump back up to the 13s. I'm happy with anything that has a 12 at the start.

Hope today is a good 100% day for you Zafira.

Well, totally on plan but a heavy tea tonight (ate far more than was necessary, even though all suitable and kept topping up my 1/3 superfree!) Plus high syns, 12.5 - almost double my usual daily amount so not sure how scales will react tomorrow. I might seriously change my weigh in day, not sure Mondays work that well, as weekends are the times I'm more likely to eat more, drink more and have more syns :-/

Well, totally on plan but a heavy tea tonight (ate far more than was necessary, even though all suitable and kept topping up my 1/3 superfree!) Plus high syns, 12.5 - almost double my usual daily amount so not sure how scales will react tomorrow. I might seriously change my weigh in day, not sure Mondays work that well, as weekends are the times I'm more likely to eat more, drink more and have more syns :-/

12.5 syns is ok, you're allowed 15 :)

Why not weigh in on a saturday like me?....then you have all week to make up for anything should you have 'extra' treats over the weekend :)

12.13 and half this morning. Reached the 12 zone, woohoo! I am seriously considering changing my weigh in day, Saturday might be a good day as you say Zafira. Hmmm. 3 off this week though, better than last weeks measly 0.5!

Scales back at 12.11 3/4 today, where they were on Saturday. I think my weekend catches me up on Mondays and its really not the best day to weigh in. I know it all evens out in the end but I'm an instant gratification kind of person!!!

So I've decided, new weigh in day is Saturday. Starting this Saturday.

Argh. I am so aware that I'm pre menstrual. Craving sweet stuff this afternoon. Good job someone finished off the chocolate orange that was in the fridge last week or it would have been mine. So far I'm resisting the call of the kids penguin bars for lunches, and carrying on, but omg do I know about it. Can't remember when period is due (I refuse to use this silly star thing, let's call a spade a bloody spade, we all have them!) But around the start of the month from memory, so any time this week or next. Sore boobs, chocolate cravings, the works, going on here. I might have to store some syns tomorrow for something nice, I've been trying to stick to minimum synnage in the hope of speeding up the losses, I think it might be necessary to allow myself one day to say sod it and get myself a 15 syn bar of something good. Hmpf.

Back