Halloween Party - Free Food Ideas required!

Jensjeremies

Member of **SW Angels**
My class is having a Halloween party next week and we've been asked to bring in party food that is Free or Low Syn!
Does anyone have any good ideas apart from plain fruit which would be good for a party?
We have lots of new members so I would like to bring something exciting so they know this plan is good!
Thanks in advance!

Sugar free orange jelly (could make it in paper bowls / cups with plastic tea spoons - dead cheap in Tesco). Maybe not that exciting but it does show you can have food that seems 'bad' and like a treat. Also maybe not that easy to transport to class!!!

x

Oh and make sure you let us know what you end up taking and what others take - always interested in this kinda food as ideas needed for my own parties! x

Anymore Party ideas?
I found a recipe for Pumpkin soup on SW Online and Gingerbread squares (syns) which I might try but I'm struggling on nice nibbly things for a party.
Can you make toffee apples with Sweetener????

You could do cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon. If you make them your self cocktail sausages are around 1.5 syns on a red day and 2 syns on a green and lean bacon is free on a red but not sure how much on a green but not that much.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​
[/FONT]

Ohh, you could make orange jelly like Edwin said, but chop up some black grapes and put in it too - that way it'll look like a pumpkin.... kind of.... haha x

I've been making mini quiches all summer for picnics, I don't do pastry, just frylight my non stick bun tray (12 holes) add the lean finely chopped bacon, mushroom, and beaten egg, then top every other with a slice of cherry tomato. Syn free on a red or EE. I guess you could make the tomato into a pumpkin face with chives?

Hmm you've got me thinking now lol will be back with more ideas!!

I've been making mini quiches all summer for picnics, I don't do pastry, just frylight my non stick bun tray (12 holes) add the lean finely chopped bacon, mushroom, and beaten egg, then top every other with a slice of cherry tomato. Syn free on a red or EE. I guess you could make the tomato into a pumpkin face with chives?

Hmm you've got me thinking now lol will be back with more ideas!!

Haha - bless you but as its a thread from 2008, I reckon she'll be ok now x x x

I posted a recipe for a goan chicken curry on the recipe thread a couple of weeks ago (should find it with a search, its probably on the 2nd or 3rd page) that I reckon would be great for a halloween party as it turns out really green (it has loads of spinich and coriander). Not ideal for transporting and serving up at group I guess - if you had a slow cooker you could have it plugged in on the warm setting so it could be served hot.

For nibbly things, syn free KFC always goes down well (its a sticky on the recipe thread) - also onion bhajis (there's a recipe on here if you do a search) and thai style crab cakes (from EE cookbook) - but they arent particularly halloweeny I suppose.

eat smart sausage from morries is free, well the pork ones are....

Not any more they aren't, they are 1/2 syn each now after they re-packaged them x

Haha - bless you but as its a thread from 2008, I reckon she'll be ok now x x x

I thought it was odd - someone having a halloween party in August! How did that get bumped up lol?!

Tee hee, someone's had the time to look back through lots of old posts! I barely manage the first few pages!!

But on a brighter note now I've woken up...It is September next month, yes 2010, but then only one month away to another Halloween so erm...more recipes please?!!

Anymore Party ideas?
I found a recipe for Pumpkin soup on SW Online and Gingerbread squares (syns) which I might try but I'm struggling on nice nibbly things for a party.
Can you make toffee apples with Sweetener????
Hi, in the new mag for slimming world there is a recipe for toffee apples, hope this helps. ;)

Back