Halogen oven - your thoughts

pinkyfluff

Grappling with life
Hi all

I am thinking of adding a halogen oven to my gadget collection.

They look great but just wondered if anyone had one and could give me their opinions before I splash out £50 for one.:confused:

Thanks

x x

I'm sure Donnie has one. She'll be along later.

Yes, I have got a Halogen Oven, I bought it about 4 months ago and I paid around £40/£50 for it, but it has paid for itself already, it's brilliant.

SW roasties, wedges and chips cook to perfection on it, I have roasted chickens, joints of meat etc, it cooks gammon steaks beautifully, you can also bake cakes in it too.

We have a Campervan so we originally bought it for use in that, but it sits in my kitchen along side my hob with my slow cooker at the moment, and the halogen, slow cooker and hob are really all I need to cook anything at all.

I would recommend a Halogen to anyone.

Lovely - thanks.

I was in 2 minds as I understand its quite a large bit of kit and I only have a small kitchen - between that and the actifry I don't think I'll have any worktop space left!

Seen them on the TV and they looked impressive so I think i'll give it a go.

X

Having a read of this thread they sound ideal and having done some more research.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer, what make do you have Donnie would you recommed that make?

Also we are a family of five, four of whom are healthy appetited males :eek: and like to eat a lot, can you cook enough to feed five in them.

Thanks

Mine is a JML Halogen Oven, and so far I have found no complaints whatsoever with it.

I also bought the accessories kit with mine which I find very useful.

If you check out the Lakeland web site you will find all the details and information you will need.

You can easily cook big sized meal's in it, the bowl itself is enormous.

I only have a small but compact kitchen and my halogen just fits at the side of my hob.

There's nothing you can't cook in it really, as it was originally bought for use in our Campervan I wanted something that I could, grill, roast, bake, boil, simmer, stew and do toast in - and I can do it all in my Halogen, so it's ideal for home and when we are on holiday.............

Mine is a JML Halogen Oven, and so far I have found no complaints whatsoever with it.

I also bought the accessories kit with mine which I find very useful.

If you check out the Lakeland web site you will find all the details and information you will need.

You can easily cook big sized meal's in it, the bowl itself is enormous.

I only have a small but compact kitchen and my halogen just fits at the side of my hob.

There's nothing you can't cook in it really, as it was originally bought for use in our Campervan I wanted something that I could, grill, roast, bake, boil, simmer, stew and do toast in - and I can do it all in my Halogen, so it's ideal for home and when we are on holiday.............

Thank you so much for that I really appreciate you replying, our oven is not so good and we are in rented at the minute so this would be a good investment.

That looks fantastic, you get the accessory pack with that price too, I bought mine seperate to the oven.

Well done it looks great, enjoy it, if I can help you when it arrives just give me a shout.

Yes I thought it seemed a good deal. Especially as you get the lid holder which to buy seperately seems a very expensive piece of shaped metal wire! Got to allow 28 days for delivery but can't wait (how sad am I).

Will give you a holler if I need some advice and help when it arrives.

thanks

x

I was one who dithered about for AGES over this - would the light be too bright and hurt my eyes, as we can't use our halogen 'fires' because of this, would it take up too much space in our tiny kitchen, etc etc - but thanks to all you lovely people on here, with all your help and advice (especially Donnie!), we've now got one!!!

Haven't used it much yet, but love jacket pots done for usual time in the microwave, then 'crisped up' in the halogen - a transformation!

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice some weeks back, we're very grateful.

I think I'm addicted to wanting any gadget the rest of you have got - well, almost any - we've also bought a slow cooker and stick blender so far...

My halogen oven blew up on Thursday!:eek:

So I ordered a new one on Friday :D

I have had one for years and cannot be without it now. I cook so much in there as it's so much easier and more economical than turning on the big gas oven. SW chips are better in there and jacket spuds are lovely after a few mins in the microwave. Actually, I fancied one for tea last night, then remembered my poor halogen....:(

I've heard that the bowl can be a bit on the heavy side, I have arthritus in my hands and cann't grip very well, would I manage to lift it out ok, or would I be dropping it with food in like I do everything else. Just thinking of safety.

I've heard that the bowl can be a bit on the heavy side, I have arthritus in my hands and cann't grip very well, would I manage to lift it out ok, or would I be dropping it with food in like I do everything else. Just thinking of safety.

The bowl is heavy and can be difficult for me, so I imagine you may struggle. You can wash the inside by putting water in, but you would still need to tip it out.

Back