halogen oven

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by valzar, 27 September 2010 Social URL.

1. valzar

valzar Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has got one of these also is it good:) cheers in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My in-laws have one & think it's brill. I've never eaten food which has been cooked in one, but I assume it's ok.;)

4. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    best thing since sliced bread in my opinion and wouldnt be with out it now

5. fin54

fin54 Member

Hi Metrognome can I ask you what kind of meals you cook in your Halogen oven for your diet, I have one as well but not to sure what to do in it

6. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i cook joints of meat, roast potatoes with out fat for me and with fat for him, whole chickens do lovely in them in under 2 hrs, basically allmost anything you cook in a conventional oven you can cook in the halogen in a fraction of the time

7. Aneretha

Aneretha Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    One of the members of my SW group has one and swears by it. Apparently the syn free chips are perfect !

8. wendy in wales

wendy in wales Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I cook my SW chips in mine, they are yummy!I also cook steaks,burgers, sausages, jacket potatoes with a crispy skin , and cake ! I wouldn't be without mine now.

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I have a JML one and it is brilliant.

Irene xx

10. MandyX

MandyX Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.57%)
    Diet:
    Extra Easy Slimming World
    I've had 3 over the past 15 years. They are brill. I've had to replace them over the years because the fans have stopped working due mainly to them rusting due to moisture from the cooking. Have to replace them as soon as they stop they are that good. Use mine instead of the main oven. Sits onto of the oven as I can't use a cooker top because I have a disabled son who would have his hands in there. Bought it when he was small. I cook everything in it even Christmas dinner. I always cook the turkey the day before, that way I know it's cooked and then gives me room to do the rest of the meal. The other great thing in the kitchen is the electric steamer. Both items make cooking so much easier and healthier.

11. Anne2705

Anne2705 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Had one for christmas ... waiting for a cookbook to arrive from amazon ... the cookbook that came with it is very basic cant wait to get started :D

12. lazorinie

lazorinie wants a body to love!

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've ordered one today and cant wait to get using it! I live with my parents, who have bought a new cooker which i hate. The oven burns everything no matter what temp its on! So excited!!

:D

13. ChicaConCurvas

ChicaConCurvas Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had mine about 6 months and I love it :D Slimming world chips in about 15 mins and they don't need any oil - not even spray! They also do a gorgeous chicken, roast joints and fish cooked in tin foil parcels. It's also brilliant for all the snacky stuff like garlic mushrooms in breadcrumbs, mini chinese spring rolls, pasties etc but we don't talk about them! ;)

14. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

I was deliberating about an actifry but have decided to go for a halogen oven instead. Several reasons behind this - 1) much cheaper, 2) we only have one oven on our stove and frankly, its rubbish, very uneven cooking, so now we will have the same flexibility as having a top and bottom oven, and 3) its super energy efficient - SW chips in 15 minutes sold it for me.

Found this one- EK0523 Gino D'Acampo Halogen Oven - Robert Dyas - which seems reasonably priced, large enough for my family of 5 (and extends bigger) and is cheaper than anywhere else for the same one on the internet. Even Amazon is not as cheap - they sell them via a third party seller and the cost from Robert Dyas including named day shipping was cheaper than Amazon without the delivery. Reviews seem good about this product so I hope to get lots of use out of it!

15. Anne2705

Anne2705 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have just had the same oven 40.00 from wilkinsons love it ;) the cook book is not so good so I have ordered one off amazon good reviews on the cook book and everyone seems to be raving about halogen ovens so here goes !!

16. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would love one of those. They look fantastic. Must look and see if they have hit our shores yet.

This prompted me to do a bit of research and I must say I am completely sold. I liked the Wolf....... anyone got one of these.

Last edited: 4 January 2011
  17. lazorinie

lazorinie wants a body to love!

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. slickers

slickers Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(16.88%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i got mine off ideal world £49.99 has extension ring, 2 trays, low and high rack, tongs but beware alot of people get them cheap because the older models does not have a hinged lid and you have to remove lid and place on side which looks dangerous to me. i use mine for everything have not used my main oven for 6 months

20. ChicaConCurvas

ChicaConCurvas Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
  21. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I've no more room for kitchen gadgets - the Actifry would have to go:eek:

Mid you, the microwave is a convector oven/fan asissted too - I never used it as such!

22. Anne2705

Anne2705 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well did my SW chips last night result =good small beef joint tonite !! It's all trial and error watch this space guys lol x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.