halogen oven

My in-laws have one & think it's brill. I've never eaten food which has been cooked in one, but I assume it's ok.;)

Hi Metrognome can I ask you what kind of meals you cook in your Halogen oven for your diet, I have one as well but not to sure what to do in it

i cook joints of meat, roast potatoes with out fat for me and with fat for him, whole chickens do lovely in them in under 2 hrs, basically allmost anything you cook in a conventional oven you can cook in the halogen in a fraction of the time

I cook my SW chips in mine, they are yummy!I also cook steaks,burgers, sausages, jacket potatoes with a crispy skin , and cake ! I wouldn't be without mine now.

I've had 3 over the past 15 years. They are brill. I've had to replace them over the years because the fans have stopped working due mainly to them rusting due to moisture from the cooking. Have to replace them as soon as they stop they are that good. Use mine instead of the main oven. Sits onto of the oven as I can't use a cooker top because I have a disabled son who would have his hands in there. Bought it when he was small. I cook everything in it even Christmas dinner. I always cook the turkey the day before, that way I know it's cooked and then gives me room to do the rest of the meal. The other great thing in the kitchen is the electric steamer. Both items make cooking so much easier and healthier.

Had one for christmas ... waiting for a cookbook to arrive from amazon ... the cookbook that came with it is very basic cant wait to get started :D

I've had mine about 6 months and I love it :D Slimming world chips in about 15 mins and they don't need any oil - not even spray! They also do a gorgeous chicken, roast joints and fish cooked in tin foil parcels. It's also brilliant for all the snacky stuff like garlic mushrooms in breadcrumbs, mini chinese spring rolls, pasties etc but we don't talk about them! ;)

I was deliberating about an actifry but have decided to go for a halogen oven instead. Several reasons behind this - 1) much cheaper, 2) we only have one oven on our stove and frankly, its rubbish, very uneven cooking, so now we will have the same flexibility as having a top and bottom oven, and 3) its super energy efficient - SW chips in 15 minutes sold it for me.

Found this one- EK0523 Gino D'Acampo Halogen Oven - Robert Dyas - which seems reasonably priced, large enough for my family of 5 (and extends bigger) and is cheaper than anywhere else for the same one on the internet. Even Amazon is not as cheap - they sell them via a third party seller and the cost from Robert Dyas including named day shipping was cheaper than Amazon without the delivery. Reviews seem good about this product so I hope to get lots of use out of it!

I have just had the same oven 40.00 from wilkinsons love it ;) the cook book is not so good so I have ordered one off amazon good reviews on the cook book and everyone seems to be raving about halogen ovens so here goes !!

I would love one of those. They look fantastic. Must look and see if they have hit our shores yet.

This prompted me to do a bit of research and I must say I am completely sold. I liked the Wolf....... anyone got one of these.

Last edited:
i got mine off ideal world £49.99 has extension ring, 2 trays, low and high rack, tongs but beware alot of people get them cheap because the older models does not have a hinged lid and you have to remove lid and place on side which looks dangerous to me. i use mine for everything have not used my main oven for 6 months

I've no more room for kitchen gadgets - the Actifry would have to go:eek:

Mid you, the microwave is a convector oven/fan asissted too - I never used it as such!

Well did my SW chips last night result =good small beef joint tonite !! It's all trial and error watch this space guys lol x

Back