Ham ?

munchbunch

Gold Member
Alright so I'm reading the protein meats err and I noticed ham is one of them .
I know obviously some things arnt allowed on this diet but I wondered if gammon would be ok every now and then for our recommended protein . Might be a silly question was just a thought & would make a nice change .

Anyone have any thoughts on this ? Thanks in advance .

There was a post from a lady that checked with S&S about having 100g of beef/steak and they said it would be ok if it's not all the time. I would assume then that gammon would be the same ... but probably worth checking with S&S to make sure.

LouiKD said:
There was a post from a lady that checked with S&S about having 100g of beef/steak and they said it would be ok if it's not all the time. I would assume then that gammon would be the same ... but probably worth checking with S&S to make sure.

Thanks have emailed waiting a reply :)

I will let you know I'm
Sure the ham is ok and u know technically gammon is ham but better safe than sorry !!

I had gammon for my protein meal last night, nil carbs, 135 cals 4% fat, I assumed it was OK hope it was as I really enjoyed it with a few mushrooms and salad veg.

bajoleth said:
I had gammon for my protein meal last night, nil carbs, 135 cals 4% fat, I assumed it was OK hope it was as I really enjoyed it with a few mushrooms and salad veg.

Oh really !!

Well I havnt heard anything from s&s yet I assume it's ok just wanted to no if anyone else had it or knew x

I don't know whether it was allowed my husband was having some and I read the packet and as it was the same cals as my chicken would have been, nil carbs and 4% fat, so all that seemed good to me, I wouldn't have it all the time but I have to say it was nice for a change, I hope it is allowed ocasionally, like the Steak.

bajoleth said:
I don't know whether it was allowed my husband was having some and I read the packet and as it was the same cals as my chicken would have been, nil carbs and 4% fat, so all that seemed good to me, I wouldn't have it all the time but I have to say it was nice for a change, I hope it is allowed ocasionally, like the Steak.

That's what I was thinking as I'm having alternate chicken / fish so would be nice now and then x

I guess the only thing to be wary of is the high salt content which could make you retain water.

I guess the only thing to be wary of is the high salt content which could make you retain water.
Yes that did cross my mind , its TOTM so am retaining water anyway, should really have left it till next week, anyway its done now. I really enjoy my chicken so stick with that every other night so hope it won't have done too much damage just this once, will find out tomorrow :fingerscrossed:

I also thought about the salt content but every now and then I'm going to .
Didn't hear anything back from s&s yesterday hoping for somthing today , will keep you posted.

I had some gammon and it was great for a change, it is so similiar to chicken in nutritional value and figured it should be ok. If I am doing this for 4+ months I will need a change from chicken now and again or I will start to grow feather lol xx

fee79 said:
I had some gammon and it was great for a change, it is so similiar to chicken in nutritional value and figured it should be ok. If I am doing this for 4+ months I will need a change from chicken now and again or I will start to grow feather lol xx

Lol this made me laugh !!

I still havnt heard anything from them :eek:/ so I'm having it for tea !!

Lol this made me laugh !!

I still havnt heard anything from them :eek:/ so I'm having it for tea !!

You will enjoy it, everyone needs a change. Tonight I had a wee cheat, I had two fried eggs (no oil) on 1 original ryvita. The ryvita is only 36 cal and 3g carb so I figured it would be ok. It was great, I have been missing bread so much but this ticks all the boxes as a weekly treat. xx

Mmmmmm I miss bread so much too !!!
I'm not even sure I'm in ketosis I dont have horrible breath yet lol x

I know that is the worst thing about this diet, death breath. I have been standing about a mile from anyone and using those mint mouth strips. Never mind small price to pay lol x

fee79 said:
I know that is the worst thing about this diet, death breath. I have been standing about a mile from anyone and using those mint mouth strips. Never mind small price to pay lol x

Lol I know it's silly but I want the death breath lol !!

Back