Hand blender recommendations please?!

daisydaisy

Hello all,

As I fear my old hand blender is about to give up the ghost, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? As well as needing to mix the CD shakes, I'm also a big fan of mix-a-mousse, so anything that makes it extra frothy would be great!

I don't particularly need attachments or gizmos - just a good quality, powerful basic model. Cost isn't overly important, as with all these shakes to whizz up I'm sure I'll get good value from it!

Thanks in advance...

hi, i have a Braun and a Tesco value one, I leave the Tesco one at work for making my shakes there but i would say the Braun one is better. It was about £15.00 and i got it in Tesco, i think its 300 watt. The tesco value one was about a fiver and is only 200 watt. Hope his helps x

My best one ever was £4.97 from Asda - just a simple hand blender but it lasted ages, and did everything I wanted it to!! :cool:

I have a Braun... it cost £39... but it's a good one, makes the shakes really frothy.

Hiya Daisy

The wattage is the key to this as the cheaper models sometimes haven't got enough power to mix it up very well.

I have found people say the 150 watt Tesco cheap one is not really any good so would recommend you look at maybe 300 watts upwards.

Argos currently have a 450 watt one on special --> Buy Braun MR4000 Solo Hand Blender. at Argos.co.uk and you can always take it back there if you aren't happy with it.

I always found the Kenwood Hot Drinks Maker the best mixer of any pack by far but I know some people swear by the magic bullet as well.

Mike

Thanks for your replies and advice... think I'll go for a Braun, that seems pretty safe, and the Argos deal looks good. Know where I'm going tomorrow lunchtime!

Thanks again and best wishes x

The magic bullet is the best I find, makes the shakes lovely, thick and frothy :)

Nikki x

Back