Handed my notice in yesterday!

Sparkle

Gold Member
First of all I ended up having to run to the toilets to throw up twice yesterday morning - felt really bad. So decided to get all the urgent bits out the way and then go home. Before I went home was called into a meeting.

I haven't been happy at the company for a while, and am not enjoying the job. I'm still giving it 100% though, starting at 7.30am, finishing at 6.30pm, working from home of an evening and weekend. I'm just finding it too much, and can't continue to give this level - which is what they require.

Was basically told that they want 110% passion and commitment - which is fair enough. So give three options - 1) Go back to being administrator which I didn't enjoy or find challenging, and would end up putting my replacement out of a job (although she's just temping at the moment she is doing a really good job) 2) Keep pushing myself with the job I'm doing or 3) Hand in my notice. I was given until the end of the day to make my decision.

So having spoken to a couple of friends and my parents, I took a letter of resignation in yesterday.

Am quite concerned - I don't have another job to go to etc, but at the same time feel a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Am thinking of maybe going back to college - I took an application in yesterday.

good luck wih whatever u decide to do now. as one door closes...another one invariably opens.. :D

Why not look on it as a chance to become better qualified or change job direction? Whatever you decide, I'm sure that handing in your notice was the right decision to make. Also, if your family hadn't agreed with you I'm sure they'd have told you not to do it. :D

You couldn't, by the sound of it, have given anything more of yourself to the job if you'd tried. Long days, evenings, weekends all spent working when you should have been doing things for yourself, who can honestly say that's how they want to live their life even if they do have a fantastic job?

Good luck with whatever you decide to do hun, you deserve to find another great job but you also deserve time to yourself outside of work. :D

Hey Sparkle is there any news on what is happening.....just wondering if you have found a new job !

i had the same problem.. horrid boss.. horrid work.. not appriciated at ALL!! so handed in my notice.. still looking for a job but making money on ebay and alot happier!! ;-)

Back