Hanging myself out to be shouted at.....

Omg I am on day 5 and was just fantasising about having tuna in spring water and a bit of salad..............but after reading this .....hell no.....thanks guys..........................2 more days until my first weigh in..............struggling but sticking............S.X

BUT make sure you are not not having stuff because of what i have said, the whole point of my post was to point out that what we eat should be based on fact and what our cdc's say (hence my frustration about some cdc's giving incorrect advice) And not on hearsay :)
Anyway being slim will taste so much nicer than tuna!!
x

Hi Guys

Stuck and now on day 6 and feeling good. Got people over for lunch so it is a bit odd not eating but needs must and it is only the first week so will get used to all these situations. The tuna craving passed and actually asked my cdc for two bars for sat and sun to save for late in the evening and had first one last night after living on just shakes all week. The bar lasted me 15mins and was pure heaven and have another one for tonight. Get weighend tom night so will update then. I have decided next week I am avoiding the bars and having shakes soups and tetra's at work. x

I was on low carb diet for many years before I ventured into CD - (which btw works much better for me than LC)
I often had a glass of red wine whilst in ketosis, and never noticed any side effects, or issues. The liver breaks alcohol down into ketones so there's no reason to suspect it takes you out of ketosis. It can make you tipsy a bit quicker due to the way that alcohol breaks down. Your body will always use alcohol for fuel if available, so you may slow your weight loss. But as for it being dangerous - I do not understand why from a chemical perspective. I see glycogenesis mentioned, but as the brain can run on ketones instead of glycogen, it's not an issue.

Sandy, I didn't think you could have bars until you had been on CD for 2 weeks....

Sandy, I didn't think you could have bars until you had been on CD for 2 weeks....
Ok well that totally makes sense now so that is why I failed to attach one............many thanks............x

Bars not ticker bars.................doh sorry it is the lack of food. I always binge ate and drank at weekends and was really good in the week so my cdc decided to give me an incentive a bar for sat and sunday night providing I did not cheat and guess what it worked and stuck to it and lost 7lbs in that week..............Looking back I probably could have done it without the bars but it did help to have them to look forward to. I got another two this week and only plan to have 2 every week throughout my journey on CD...........I guess we all have our little ways of coping and this was mine from day one. If I feel they are preventing me from losing in any way I will remove them but rather have a bar than a meal just now..............do not trust myself with conventional food until I have at least 2stone off................S.X

I was on low carb diet for many years before I ventured into CD - (which btw works much better for me than LC)
I often had a glass of red wine whilst in ketosis, and never noticed any side effects, or issues. The liver breaks alcohol down into ketones so there's no reason to suspect it takes you out of ketosis. It can make you tipsy a bit quicker due to the way that alcohol breaks down. Your body will always use alcohol for fuel if available, so you may slow your weight loss. But as for it being dangerous - I do not understand why from a chemical perspective. I see glycogenesis mentioned, but as the brain can run on ketones instead of glycogen, it's not an issue.

I think the point I was trying to make in the initial post, is not that certain things are dangerous, but that on CD certain things aren't allowed... and it's frustrating when different CDC's give different advice. That advice then gets given out as fact to newbies starting their CD plan and it can cause a lot of confusion..

You do sound very knowledgable about Ketosis though :)

x

Back