TS AAM Hannah's Exante Experience!

Thank you all for your good luck wishes, they must have worked as it is now 99.99999% set that i've got the job, yipeeeee! They're phoning on Monday to confirm dates/contracts etc. so am trying not to tempt fate or jump the gun until it's 100% signed, sealed and delivered, but am very happy!!

But am now having a bit of a dilemma. I was so excited and happy last night and my parents want to take me out for a meal tonight to celebrate, plus my brother goes back to Uni tomorrow so it's a double meal celebration/farewell. After four months of searching for jobs I felt like I really deserved to celebrate and decided to have a night off from the diet. My brother got to choose the restaurant and he chose an Indian restaurant.

I now feel like i'm in a cartoon with a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other telling me different things! Part of me thinks I should just let go, celebrate, enjoy the food and then get back on track. But then the other side of me thinks that I shouldn't eat as I haven't reached my new goal and the meal out could set me back a week or so.

And this is what upsets me slightly, I am so grateful to LL and Exante for helping me to to lose weight. But I do think they have changed my attitude to food both positively and negatively. I need to stop seeing food as some sort of evil, and more focus on my attitude to food and what I eat.

I know I can't stay on Exante forever, the job is really active so I will have to start eating normally again.

If you were in my situation what would you do?
xxxx

congrats on the job i would go and have a night off and just get straight back to it the next day and just try and choose as best as possible,you sound very commited so it shouldnt be difficult to get back to it the next day and you wont do that much damage if its only 1 day.

Congratulations on your new job

I, personally, would go for the meal as life is too short and the celebration is soooo deserved. It has to be a personal choice though.

I am STILL trying to VLCD years down the line (so know where you're coming from with VLCD changing your attitude to food and not for the better) So I may not be the best to advise you as obviously my choices have not been the best ;) in that once a year (just once? who am I kidding?) I hop back on

xxxx

Id go for it as well. Its only one night and then youll be back on the wagon. And congratulations on the job.

Hi Hannah, I would simply say make a decision. If you decide to have the meal that's great and enjoy it in the knowledge that you chose to do it and that you are in control. I'd you decide not to then that's also fine but remember, the choice is yours not the foods.

I think where we plan to eat an decide what we eat is powerful and is completely different from giving in to cravings and our body telling us that we should eat that Indian and we should do it now.

Congratulations on the job by the way!

Thank you Spyro, Toots, Joanne and Baker!

I agree with you all completely, life is too short! So you'll be happy to know I went out for the indian and had a great time, I then might have had a roast and cheesecake yesterday...but i've put the weekend behind me now and am back on track today! New week and all :)

I've decided to break my goal down into smaller steps, think I was getting a bit intimidated by having quite a lot to lose, but if I break it down into smaller chunks I think it will help to keep me motivated. So I have changed my ticker to reflect this. My first goal is to get to 158 pounds as it's the lighest I got to on LL, so thats only 5 pounds to go. I think before I was trying to lose as much weight as fast as I possibly could, but i've now decided to relax a little as there might be a few bumps along the way but i'll get there in the end!

Hope everyone had a great weekend :)
xxxx

Glad you enjoyed it Hannah. Sounds like a good ide to break down your goals. I have had loads of mini goals as Ive lost weight and it does keep you more focused than looking at the big picture.

Thank you Spyro, Toots, Joanne and Baker!

I agree with you all completely, life is too short! So you'll be happy to know I went out for the indian and had a great time, I then might have had a roast and cheesecake yesterday...but i've put the weekend behind me now and am back on track today! New week and all :)

I've decided to break my goal down into smaller steps, think I was getting a bit intimidated by having quite a lot to lose, but if I break it down into smaller chunks I think it will help to keep me motivated. So I have changed my ticker to reflect this. My first goal is to get to 158 pounds as it's the lighest I got to on LL, so thats only 5 pounds to go. I think before I was trying to lose as much weight as fast as I possibly could, but i've now decided to relax a little as there might be a few bumps along the way but i'll get there in the end!

Hope everyone had a great weekend :)
xxxx

Absolutley the right thing to do. The question 'How do you eat an elephant?' applies to many things in life and losing weight is one of them.

The answer in case your wondering is 'one mouthful at a time!'.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Baker - loved the elephant analogy ;)

xxx

Glad you liked it. It's true though, what can seem like an unachievable task when you first look at it can be more than doable when broken down into many smaller tasks.

Back