Hannah's Extra Easy Food Diary :)

hare

Hello, I'm Hannah and this is my food diary :)

I am following the Extra Easy plan and going it alone as I can't get to a club.

My current weight is 10 stone 1 and my goal weight is 9 stone (for now!).

I'm going to post what I eat each day to motivate myself to stick to it! I'd really appreciate your advice and any pointers if I'm going wrong. Thank-you! :)

Ok, so heres my diary for yesterday (3rd of Jan 2013):

Breakfast: Cubed potatoes fried using fry light with onions and red pepper. An apple.

Lunch: Noodles (dried egg noodles which I boiled in water) with chicken, beansprouts, carrots, onion and red pepper, prepared using fry light. A fat free vanilla yoghurt, satsuma.

Dinner: Chicken Curry (made using a slimming world recipe, free on extra easy) which I added some philadelphia extra light to use my HEX A, served with rice and one piece of wholemeal bread for my HEX B.

Syns: four squares of bourneville chocolate (5.5 syns)

Flora spread 1tsp (1.5 syns)

And that's it! Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, although the noodles were pretty dry as I cooked them the night before and just microwaved them at work for lunch. The curry was lovely, my boyfriend loved it, and sat and ate a naan bread and poppadums with it in front of me :( Ah well, I'm proud of myself for resisiting ;) I will post again tomorrow, thanks for reading!

4th of Jan 2013

Breakfast: I just had a banana as I wasn't feeling too good.

Lunch: sweet and sour mug shot and a whole pack of cherries (yum!)

Dinner: For dinner I made a recipe from the slimming world website, sticky chicken. It was amazing! I had it with slimming world chips and salad.

Syns: honey (from dinner recipe) 3 syns
Half a tablespoon of ketchup 0.5 syns
Half a four finger kitkat 5.75 syns
A skinny cow mint lolly 4.5 syns
Total: 13.75 syns.

I really enjoyed dinner, I'm finding breakfast and lunch a bit tougher because I eat it at work so my options are a bit more limited.

your diary is looking good , are you remembering to have the 3rd superfree on your plate as well if you are doing the ee plan

if you have to take your lunches into work do you have access to a microwave??..you could take some some soup in and heat it up or even take it in a small flask
or what about a tupperware box with pasta salad and some chicken or tuna with it

I totally understand where you're coming from with the boyfriend eating "extras" in front of you. The same happened to me when I made spag bol and he had garlic bread!!

Just try and forget its there...I always get a little buzz after and feel well proud of myself! :)

Keep going, it really does work!

Thanks for your messages!

Yes, I do try and make a third of each meal superfree, I'm eating lots of fruit and veg :) I have got a microwave, kettle and toaster at work, so soup sounds like a good option :) I think I'll make some tomorrow for next week.

I did feel pretty good not caving in and eating something bad! I know I'd have regretted it. I'm making steak tonight, yum :)

5th of Jan 2013

Breakfast: Just had a banana again because I overslept :s

Lunch: baxters healthy choice minestrone soup (HEX B), a cherry muller light and a biiig fruit salad

Dinner: steak with rosemary and garlic pan fried with fry light, fried onions, salad and slimming world chips. This was amaaazing, I can't believe I'm on a diet.

Syns: weight watchers chocolate brownie dessert: 8 syns
1 tablespoon of ketchup: 1 syn

oo your dinner sounds scrummy..steak and chips is one of my fave meals ever..its amazing that we can have it on slimming world isnt it..when it feels really treaty and naughty!!

hey if you access to microwave and kettle and toaster in work there is loads that you can have for lunch..
you could take in left overs from your tea night before warmed up in microwave
you could make scrambled eggs in microwave and stick some bread in toaster and have scrambled eggs on toast and some tinned tomatos
low fat supernoodles/ pasta and sauce most are free done in microwave with a steam fresh bag of veg thrown in for superfree
home made soup warmed up in microwave
cheese and ham on wholemeal bread stick in toaster and you've got gorgeous toastie with a side salad
jacket potato with tuna salad /cheese and beans stick the potato in microwave for bout ten mins might not be as good as a oven baked spud but not bad !!!

Hiya, iam quite new to SW, did start last year but, never really got started. not gone to any classes yet, debating weather to or go it alone as I only need to lose a stone to. Have subscribed to your diary, as need some inspiration for meals ect.

Good luck

Hiya, I'm new to slimming world too and am roughly the same weight as you and would like to reach 9 stone (initially!). I have all the leaflets etc but going it alone as I dont have time to get to a group, so will be watching your thread with interest for motivation and inspiration!

Good luck. I start tomorrow x

I do have a microwave at work, thanks for the ideas charleybabes :) and it is pretty amazing what you can eat on this diet, all of the recipes I've tried have been really nice!

Good luck debbie and martz, I've found so far that planning ahead is so important so you have everything you need to hand, otherwise its just too tempting to head to mcdonalds! :(

6th of January 2012

Breakfast:
Bacon sandwich made with two slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (HEX B) and fried onions, a banana

Lunch: sweet and sour mug shot and another banana!

Dinner: I made hunters chicken (chicken, bacon, cheese and bbq sauce) from a recipe off a site called 'she cooks, she eats'. I used the cheese as my HEX A. I had it with salad and slimming world chips (I'm a bit addicted to these!) It was absolutely delicious, I definitely recommend this recipe. My boyfriend described it as a food orgasm :p

Syns:
1 tablespoon of ketchup: 1 syn
Weight watchers chocolate brownie dessert, 8 syns (these are really really good, worth the syns and a proper dessert!)

So far I am loving it, I don't have any major cravings which is surprising as I was a massive chocoholic before. I have resisted the urge to step on the scales, I'm only going to weigh myself once a week! I'm going to try and make a tofu based chocolate pudding tomorrow, I'll let you know how it tastes! Xx

You're doing so well! These meals look fantastic :)
Can you share how you do your SW chips please? Mine are a bit dry

Thank-you littlemisspeacock! I'm enjoying it so far :)

I start by preheating the oven to about 200 degrees celcius and a place a metal pan sprayed with frylight in the oven to heat the oil (this is really important!) i then cut up peeled potatoes into thinish chips and boil them for 4 or 5 minutes and drain. I leave them to drain for about 5 minutes, then put them into the preheated pan and spray with more frylight to coat the chips. They usually take about half an hour to cook, but I tend to turn them every 10 minutes or so to make sure they're evenly cooked :) they do go dry if I cook them for too long. Xx

7th of January 2013:

Breakfast: bacon sandwich made using one piece of bread from a 400g wholemeal loaf (1/2 HEX B) with fried onions, an apple, a fat free yoghurt

Lunch: Spicy sweet potato, red pepper and carrot soup which I made using a recipe from slimmingeats.com (this is a fantastic website for slimming world recipes, I recommend it) a piece of wholemeal bread (1/2 HEX B) some grapes and some fresh pineapple

Dinner: Balsamic chicken and paprika potatoes (another recipe from 'she cooks, she eats) with salad

Syns: 1 tablespoon of ketchup: 1 syns
6 squares of bourneville: 9 syns

I don't always end up getting my HEX A, do you think that will affect my weight loss? I guess it just means I'm not getting enough calcium, but I don't really eat cheese or milk normally, I suppose I should! Xx

8th of January 2013

Breakfast/Lunch: cheesy beans (HEX A) with carrot sticks and one slice of bread (HEX B), banana

Snack: Two satsumas

Dinner: Two small jacket potatoes, 4 slices of ham, baked beans

Syns: 1 cadbury flake, multipack size: 7 syns

Such a boring day food wise! This is because I went to stay with my parents back at home and I didn't bring any SW friendly food with me. Today was a biiig challenge, the house is full of naughty stuff: crisps, aero bars, roses, terrys chocolate orange, biscuits, cake! And they had chips for dinner :( But, I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now ;) tomorrow will be another tough one because I'm out with my mum so I think I'll be eating lunch out. I gotta stay strong, weigh day tomorrow, and I want it to be after a week of being really good :) excited xx

Thanks Erica! It was tough, especially yesterday.

9th January 2013:

Breakfast: 1 piece of toast (HEX B), two satsumas

Lunch: omelette with onion, ham and cheese

Dinner: Went to Nandos and I had the butterfly chicken breast with no skin, side salad and spicy rice (yum!)

Syns: lurpak lighter (on toast and to cook omelette-no fry light :( ) 4 syns
Nandos rice: 2.5 syns
4 squares of bourneville: 6 syns
I'm going to count my remaining syns for the marinade on my nandos chicken, I don't know what goes in it so I have no idea how to calculate it but it didnt seem greasy at all.

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 3.5 pounds! I am so happy and really motivated to carry on :) I feel great and my cravings haven't been too bad unless I get really hungry and haven't got anything SW friendly to eat on me. But I haven't fallen off the wagon yet, can't believe this is a diet and I can't believe I've lost weight munching on chips and chocolate :) xxx

10th January 2013

Breakfast: Bacon sandwich (HEX B) and banana

Lunch: Cheesy beans (HEX A), pineapple, chocolate tofu pudding

Dinner: This was a bit of a problem. I went to my boyfriends parents for dinner and they made curry. I don't know how they made it or how many syns were in it :( it wasn't creamy but if it came out of a jar it could be horrendously high in syns. I did avoid the poppadams, naan bread and mango chutney though :) but then they gave me dessert which was a chocolate brownie pudding with custard. I felt too rude not to eat it! My stomach wasn't happy after eating dinner though, I guess its not used to eating unhealthy stuff now. So I'm a bit worried about dinner but I'm sure it's not going to mess me up too much, I will be straight back on track tomorrow and try to be extra good this week to compensate. Was lovely not having to cook though and the food was yummy :)

Syns
chocolate tofu pudding: 1.5 syns
dinner: ? (probably far too many!) syns

Oh I thought I'd put a quick note on the tofu pudding which I made using one pack of silken tofu, two tablespoons of cocoa and one options belgian chocolate sachet and mixed together. It tastes like angel delight and has a similar texture. I dont have a blender so it was a bit lumpy. To be honest, I probably won't make it again. It tasted fine but I am quite funny about food and it just felt wrong eating tofu pudding. If you like tofu, give it a go! Xxx

11th January 2012

Breakfast: Two alpen light bars (HEX B) an apple

Lunch: Whole grain pasta with quark and spring onions, pineapple and a cherry muller light

Dinner: Went to nandos (again!) had a skinless chicken breast, spicy rice and a salad

Syns: spicy rice: 2.5 syns
Cadburys creme egg: 9 syns
Ketchup: 1 syn

Back