Hannah's journey continues

Hannah I see you are kicking some serious ass on the exercise front!
You go girl! It's so addictive isn't it?
I honestly could not do without it anymore.
Back to the gym tomorrow for my favourite circuit class. Can't wait!
The fact the trainer is mega fit has nothing to do with it of course ;)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Hmm!! Eye candy at the class is good motivation for sure Magda ;) enjoy !!

I'm loving the exercise, do you run & shred whilst doing total or lite? How do you find your energy?

Just watching level 2 Shred now, deciding if I should progress or stay at level one. I think I will give it a try and see how I feel tomorrow. xx

I do the lot while on LLT. Shred C25K and circuit and spinning in the gym.
My energy has been fine but the weight loss slightly slowed down (which I'm cool about- it's not a race).
I usually have my bar about 45 prior exercise though as it has more carbs and tends to give me more energy.
The only side effect I've found is the time it takes me to recover after a strainous exercise session. I'm sore for days but it's nothing a bit of aromatherapy associates bath oil can't fix.
Have you always been pretty active? Even prior LL?
They say that if you're used to exercise your body can handle it when on LLT.
Mine certainly can :)

I do the lot while on LLT. Shred C25K and circuit and spinning in the gym.
My energy has been fine but the weight loss slightly slowed down (which I'm cool about- it's not a race).
I usually have my bar about 45 prior exercise though as it has more carbs and tends to give me more energy.
The only side effect I've found is the time it takes me to recover after a strainous exercise session. I'm sore for days but it's nothing a bit of aromatherapy associates bath oil can't fix.
Have you always been pretty active? Even prior LL?
They say that if you're used to exercise your body can handle it when on LLT.
Mine certainly can :)

Awesome! You look great in your photos, so it's paying off big time!! :):)

Great advice about the bar, I will try that.

I like the idea that it's not a race too, I want to get some habits that will keep me lean and trim.

Ok, so I have now done level 2 Shred, am sweating and a bit wobbly but I'm still able to type so all good I think!!

Hot bath before bed I think - phew!! xx

Hannah, I'm very impressed by your exercise, I'm tempted to get the 30-day shred too! But, the problem is that my DVD player is the X-Box which is a nightmare for me to figure out! Takes me 10 minutes to put a bloody DVD on! Ha.

As for food - from what I've seen, some people while doing exercise and Lite - upped their protein portions. Carbohydrates after such a long time of none - is a bit too much for the body to handle chemically speaking. I know you want to have the energy to do the jumping, toning, flexing and bumping! But, I'm not sure the carbs are the right way to go (maybe your rebellious child got an emotional craving for a sandwich?). After all, there MUST be a reason all those men at the gym drink protein shakes! Women can't build muscle the same way men can, so without chemical intervention you can't get the body builder look... But upping your protein rather than going near the carbohydrates might be a good option. Maybe even have two portions of oils or something like cheese.

Personally I'm going to stay away from mainstream carbs for quite a long time, or only have them as a treat on rare occasions. They have the tendency to make us feel more hungry and crave more. It's true in most people... and from what I've seen of those who have been successful at maintaining their weight for long periods of time - they've stayed away from them too.

Either way, you're doing so well! Your head and heart are in the right place, just your little rebellious child is poking you in the eye. ;)

Thanks Minerva :)

Great advice. I'm dropping the carbs, they make me hungry and want more, more, more!!

I shall try having a bar an hour before working out.

I have found that exercise seems to "breed" energy. The more I do the more I feel I can do.

I highly recommend the shred. I had never heard of it until I read about it on here.

My weight loss had stalled so wanted to zip it up a bit.

My inch loss and changes in my body after just 11 days are astonishing. I have used other DVD's, done pilates classes and the gym but not got these sort of results before. If you can Suss out how to use your player or pick up a really cheap one then do give it a try. A lot cheaper than the gym or classes.

I feel more body confident at this weight than before. I have tone in my legs and arms starting to appear. I walk talker and with more confidence as my core muscles are strengthening. My clothes are looser and folk are starting to comment about how I've lost loads more weight. (I've actually STS)!!

It's only 20 mins out of my day, and I'm now bizarrely looking forward to doing it.

Go for it! I dare you!! ;) xx

Lol knew Minerva and Magda would have some good advice on the exercise front. Spot on ladies. I know who I will be approaching when I am at a stage to consider a bit of movement.

Onwards and downwards xx

Well Dear Diary,

It has been a day of ups and downs today.

Feeling sad and lonely after my Son flew to Spain yesterday. :wave_cry: The house is really empty, just me and Scooby now. Empty nest syndrome. :sigh: Scoobs is moping around too, he knows what suitcases mean. :(:(:(

I bought some ketosticks yesterday and this afternoon they showed pink, so I'm back in ketosis after my experiment with carbs. :) My energy is poor today, I have felt tired and been on my feet all day.

I did try some dresses on today, I took an 18 & 16 in to the fitting room. Both way too big, and looked like maternity wear on me. The 14 was too tight around the boobs, I'm still a curvy girl. I have to accept I'm not a smock dress shape, it hides my waist and makes me look much larger than I am. I just fancied something loose and cool for summer. Pout, pout!! Felt great handing back clothes too large!!

I had my bar whilst out and about with a black coffee. Was unsuccessful finding decent sunglasses too. No pleasing me today!!

Felt really hungry late afternoon, so with only myself to please I made my Lite salad.

Hauled myself off the sofa to take the dog out for a run, then forced myself to start my Shred, which I was really reluctant to do as I felt tired and my hips ached from yesterday's efforts. Level 2 is quite a step up from level 1. A few mins in and I was great, full of energy and completed it all better than yesterday. ***Note to self: make a start and see how you go - rather than think you are too tired to exercise.

Retail therapy 4/10
Exercise therapy 10/10 !!! :happy096:

Hope you have all had a great day and stayed on track. Catch up with you tomorrow I hope. xxx

Aw sons and their mothers, mine moved in with his girlfriend for a while then they Borg come to me! I live having a full house it's also forging a better relationship with his sister now they are adults!!

I am like you too on the clothes front, curvy rocks and I wouldn't wanna be any other shape! I too find myself buying mote fitted clothes but have found a maxi dress it might only see the light of day on holiday but totally get what you mean about looking like you are bigger.

You are really hammering the exercise, good for you xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for your insights lovely LadyT!!

So Dear Diary,

Am in the bath soaking my poor muscles and heel. My sock slipped when I was running my C25K and I now have a tiny sports injury - a bleeding blister!!

I'm here planning the rest of my week, packs meals, exercise, group, work...

Good in a way yes!! To be recommended. BUT - I feel like this has now completely taken over my life!!

I declined an invite to meet my friend and her kids to watch the May Day carnival so I could fit in my run, meals and sufficient rest time before my shred and dog walk!!! Who am I???

Confession - I've become addicted to this site & checking how everyone is doing, then feeling guilty if I don't post in diaries etc.

So sensible decisions:

1 - I will run or shred on work days - not both.

2 - I will have at least one rest day per week from exercise. I do not have to complete the shred in 30 consecutive days.

3 - I will get to my new goals - but still have a social life.

4 - I commit to continuing LLL until 1st June and then will review my progress and goals.

5 - I will get to bed on work nights by 11pm and not stay up reading diaries & posting until past midnight anymore. (I apologise in advance if I don't post in your diary as much or do just brief answers)

6 - I will post a brief food & exercise log as often as I can.

Signed by me - Hannah
Witnessed by you - anyone who has popped in to read my ramblings!!

Kisses to all xxx

I'll be your witness! I think that they sound really good, sensible goals :) We spoke about how LL takes over your life at our group session last night, I don't think this is a bad thing because I don't think it's possible to do it half heartedly. I think it's something to worry about once we've learned how to maintain our weight, fit in exercise etc. and we STILL spend every waking minute thinking about our weight and food. I'm sure that you'll find that healthy balance. I think you're doing absolutely fantastically, I'm so proud of you!!!! xx

lol
Bless!
You're so organised.
Well done :)

Great goals and very sensible xx

Some good sensible goals there Hannah. You need a life as well as weightloss. Very important that.

Keep trucking doll xx

*** FOOD TALK BELOW***

2 packs - 2 lite meals

Today' Food Diary:

Vanilla shake with coffee as a latte

Vegetable soup - 150g Pot of low fat plain yoghurt

2 Egg salad with 1tsp low fat mayo

Lentil Dahl with garlic mushrooms & onions - Steamed asparagus

Exercise Diary:

C25K - W3 D3 on treadmill
Walked to gym & back
Dog walk
Resting muscles and blister from Shred today!!

Kisses to all - having a much needed early night - xxx

Today' Food Diary:

2 packs - 2 Lite meals

Banana shake - iced to soothe throat

Lentil dahl - watered down as a soup
1 Boiled egg with 1/4tsp low fat mayo

Nut fudge bar with posh filter coffee - black

Tuna salad with 3/4 tsp low fat mayo

Dairy - none - forgot to buy yoghurts

Exercise Diary:

Dog walk only

Tuesday

Feeling a bit rubbish - I have a cold, sore throat, coughing, sneezing the works. (Explains why I was off form yesterday) Came home from work at lunchtime - nobody there wanted to share my germs any longer !!

So came home to watch day time TV and fall asleep on the sofa. Officially a couch potato today.

I have been going for it a bit lately, so my body has decided I have to rest, and I'm not arguing!! ;)

Loving my new shapely thighs - thank you Shred. Getting vain and keep checking myself out!! :):):)

Impressed that you are still on the Shred. I like your style and organization, and read about the clothes shopping as well.
Great feeling taking in former sizes and having them be too big for you.
How you liking the LL lite? The menus look scrummy btw.
xx

Hope you'll feel better real soon chicca.
You need to try and take it easy for a while. Too much of the good stuff ain't good either (I mean exercise of course)

Hugs xx

Look after yourself hun, shred can wait xx

Back