Congratulations and well done Hannah:happy096:

Fantastic achievement!!!

congrats.jpg

Congratulations Hannah, you are an inspiration. Sam x

You are looking good Hannah.
Congratulations.
I like the black one best too.

Thank you all for your lovely comments!

Well, this week is carbs week so i've had rice, and last night I made a yummy pasta bake.
Jumped on the scales this morning and it says i've put an awful lot of weight on! (can't even bring myself to write it down...) and I don't know what to do. Should I stop eating the carbs? Or should I persevere and hope that my body works it out? I should have known that going from 4 packs back to food + carbs wasn't the best idea but now I don't know what to do!

How far down RTM were you before you went back to packs?

maye be try 3 packs and food (no carbs) like LL lite for a couple of weeks before introducing the carbs again?

Went back on the packs for week 7, am now on week 8 of RTM.
Can't avoid carbs forever and next week I go from 2 packs to 1 pack a day, so going back to 3 packs wouldn't really work. Think my body just needs to settle down and get used to the carbs! Have increased my gym sessions, so am going to weigh myself tomorrow and see what the scales say.
xx

Just catching up on old posts - 5 stone Brilliant - You are such an inspiration and I love reading your diary! 5 stone is my goal wish I was there now xx

Hello!
Just went to see my LLC for a pop in to pick up my packs for next week, as i'm going home tomorrow for the weekend so will miss my usual meeting.
Last week my LLC was away at the annual LL conference and when I saw her today she showed me the new packs that they were given at the conference!
There is going to be a new spicy curry flavoured pack, and there are two new Maintenance packs; beef stew and chicken stew. They looked really good! But best of all she let me try the new bar....OH MY GOD! It is heavenly!!! I am devestated that it wasn't around when I was in abstinence!
It's a toffee bar with 'rice krispie' pieces and a chocolate coating, so it's chewier than the nut fudge bar and it tastes soooo much better than the toffee bar which is my favourite. If you ever get pic'a'mix at the cinema and you've tried the chocolate krispies, it tastes exactly like that! My LLC is going to order them as soon as she can as they are delicious! But very moreish....
So if you are getting bored of the packs, do not fear...new packs are coming!
xxxxx

Hi Han
yes my LLC said the same last week that she was hoping they would bring out new packs......sound tasty and looking forward to trying them

I've been really slipping off the wagon for the past few days, ever since I weighed myself the other day I kind of lost my way a bit and i've been 'treating' myself to the point of excess, I am ashamed about how much i've been eating and at my weigh in on wednesday i'd gained 5ibs. This gain upset me further so yesterday and today I carried on eating, but it's got to stop!

So from tomorrow I am going to write down EVERYTHING I eat on here. I need to stop thinking I can get away with snacking/chocolate etc. I was doing so well, i'm not sure what's changed. I've been really stressed lately about my job situation and haven't been sleeping well. But eating sugar isn't going to help that!

I'm home for a long weekend so hopefully being away from Uni will help a bit. My mission for this week is to lose a few pounds before my next weigh in, if not i'll have to go back on the packs again.

Hope everyone is doing well :)
xxxx

Hello Kathryn B - I see you are very tall...........................!?
:eek:

Yes very tall!!! Ive tried to change it but not sure what to do :confused:

Well my plan to write everything didn't really get off the ground!
Have just found myself feeling so anxious about everything I eat, I've been weighing myself every morning and this morning the scales went down instead of up which was a bonus. But I'm going out for dinner tonight and I just feel like no matter what I eat the scales will probably go up again tomorrow :(
It's my friends 21st party on the 4th of December, the party I bought the black dress for. At the moment i'm tempted to go back on the packs for the week leading up to the party, to lose a bit of the weight i've gained. But I know i can't keep jumping on and off the packs. I just feel like i'm losing control a bit, even though i'm completely following RTM.
I know i'm still at least 4 1/2 stones lighter than I was before, nobody can tell that i've gained a few pounds apart from me. I'm just so paranoid that if I gain anymore weight back, people will begin to notice and think 'I knew she'd put the weight back on'. I know it's highly unlikely, as I am determined to not let my weight spiral out of control, and if I have to go back on the packs to get it down a bit then I will. I just feel a bit lost.
xxx

Hiya. How are you doing today? I got really worried reading your post. You sound so anxious and unhappy. Do bear in mind that as soon as you replace your glycogen stores by eating carbohydrate again you can gain pounds and pounds almost overnight. It's a one-off gain though. It doesn't mean that every time you eat carbs you will gain the same amount (or your liver would be the size of a football!). I just hope that thought might relieve some of the anxiety you're feeling about food right now.

I have to say your posts have also made me worry about RTM for me too. You have been such an inspiration to follow and I really hope you come through this ok.

xx

I completely hear you on that Hannah!
I've been put on lite by my LLC this week because my weight loss has plateaued and I feel so anxious and nervous about eating.
But like my LLC said. Abstinence is not a real world. It's just a stage, a tool to help us move on to the next stage which is RTM.
Funny how everyone who has done RTM says that this is where the real hard work starts!
I think it will just take time to adjust the mind and the body and reprogram itself.
Stay strong Hun and don't give in. You are an amazing young lady who is changing her life. Manifest that change by regaining control and focus.
Good luck darling. :)

Come on ladies. Don't get anxious about re-introducing food (ha-I did, big time!).
It is where the hard work starts because it takes more control to just have small portions especially to start with and not slip back into the old familiar patterns.
That's why it's essential in my opinion to do RTM, by the book if you can. Use the support of your LLC and other people in your group. It helps so much.
I think you will have seen from threads on here that those people who do see it through have a greater success with keeping the weight off.
When we started LL we all knew we would have to start eating again. The fact you are considering it shows you are successful at losing weight and coming to the end of the first part of your journey.
Hopefully abstinence gives us all the opportunity to re-evaluate
our relationship with food and drink and realise that we are strong people who can make decisions about what we put into our mouths.
Most of us are all or nothing, black or white people but going back on the packs isn't the answer long term.

Sorry for going on, but I do feel strongly about this.
We are all here to support each other.
Good luck with the rest of your journeys xxx

I'm completely agreeing SB and I don't think I'm scared of reintroducing food. I just don't think I'm ready. I was happy on abstinence and I would quite happily have carried on for a while longer.
It looks like lite is not the way forward for me either at the moment as I'm a very much all or nothing person at the moment. I need time to get my head sorted and messing with it now at this stage is only going to confuse and disorientate me.
Let's hope I will start seeing losses soon.

Back