Hannah's Lighter Life: The RTM Edition!

Hi everyone!

I know it's been a while…what can I say - it was Christmas! Long story short I had an amazing time, went to visit my parents in Canada and very much made the most of it. As you could probably tell I was starting to lose motivation a bit before I went away - I felt amazing at my Christmas party, didn't quite make the 69kg goal but still felt pretty dam good. But then with all the festivities I did let things slip again.

But found that I started to feel bloated, sluggish and basically bored of eating, which was a great way to kick start getting back on track in 2014. I started Exante again the Monday after I got back (Jan the 6th) and had my first weigh-in on Sunday.

I weighed in at a terrible 77.3kg, felt really bad for putting so much back on - but it was justified by everything I ate! So had a week back on the packs and on sunday weighed in at… 73.6kg - AMAZING! Especially as before I left for Christmas I was 73.8kg. Oh the wonders of VLCD's. So that's been the kick/confidence boost I needed to get back into it and finally get back to my 69kg goal.

So here it goes, heres to a happy, healthy 2014. Hope you all had an amazing festive season :)

H xxx

Eurgh - just re-read my last post, after sounding so optimistic and positive I massively fell off the wagon…some issues at work led to me being massively stressed and it started to affect my personal life - but excuses, excuses!!
I feel like crap. Plain and simple, and feeling that you look bad when you feel bad = even more bad times!

Therefore, it starts tomorrow. Back on track and back on plan. No more excuses. Not looking forward to the weigh in but I can only go up from here (down weight wise!)

H x

Don't be hard on yourself, we've all been there and done that. We wouldn't be here otherwise. Tomorrow will be the last time you see that weight! You will do it! Xxx

how did your weigh in go ?
well done for getting back to it, you've never failed until you stop trying x
good luck xx

Thanks guys for your support, is definitely giving me the boost I need to stick at it. Deliberated with not posting until i'd done my second weigh in…but need to be honest and not just focus on the good bits!!

So I weighed in on Monday at…77.0kg - GAH. Only slightly below what I was after Christmas on the 6th of Jan…BOOOOO. Bad Hannah - not good. Kicking myself, but at least I stopped the damage before it got higher. Two days back on exante, feel better already - have been going to the gym too to try and tone as I go so either that'll give me an extra kick losing weight wise or it might slow things down a bit (as has happened before…) so will need to see how it goes.

Hope everyone is doing well, don't think this wintery weather is helping…roll on the summer! :)

H xxx

Well done for getting to it a few more days and you'll be in the zone again and it will be falling off . I'm so glad I've gone back to total . Feel in control and on the right path :) x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you :)

Was back on track doing so well then caught a virus, have been stuck in bed for the past 3 days feeling like poop. Trying to be sensible eating proper soup etc. as have zero energy but just want to be healthy again and get back on it. ARGH.

Hoping to be back on track by wednesday :( x

Well hello there LL forum…it's been quite a while!

What can I say, i'm back (again). Could make 10000 excuses (moved city, new job, lots of ups & downs) but in conclusion i've basically eaten too much & done too little!
Starting a new job I was fine for a little bit, but then the comfort eating started and last weekend I just thought 'I don't want to be like this anymore'. I was eating for the sake of eating, and that's never a good thing. So am back on the packs - having a refresh & retraining the brain!

Started on Tuesday (26/08/2014) so have made it to Day 3, and feeling pretty good. Banging headache though but it's a good sign that all those fatty toxins are leaving my body. Weighed in at 81.3kg on Tues but bearing in mind i'd had a 'last splurge' the night before I wasn't surprised!! Am I the only one that feels the need to eat everything I might miss the day before starting? Hence the need to get my brain in gear!!

I'm going to Canada on the 12th September and would LOVE to be back at the 75kg mark for then. Might be slightly optimistic but 18 days in total - just over 2 weeks - 6.3kg to lose, maybe i'll get close? We shall see!

Then when i'm back from Canada I have just under 3 weeks until I go to a fancy awards do in Manchester, and I want to wear a good dress! So hopefully - the target is to be around 72kg for that (as that's the weight I got to before last Xmas & felt FAB) So overall have roughly 5 weeks in total to lose 9.3kg - I won't get hung up if I don't reach that goal (any weight loss is better than none, right?) But wish me luck :)

Lots of spare time now i'm not stuffing my face so looking forward to catching up on everyone's diaries!
xxx

Morning (& happy weekend!)

So typical - this week i've had to drag my eyes open and force myself out of bed when my alarm goes off…but this morning *ping* wide awake at half 7, had a lie in day all planned! But ce la vie, it's the morning of Day 5!

Feeling so much better already, wore some jeans yesterday that had been digging in the last time i wore them, and now they pretty much fit again. I always find when i'm on the packs my tummy feels so much flatter? It's nice not feeling bloated! Did have a cheeky pop on the scales but am trying to wait until Tuesday now (but was v.happy with what I saw!)

Hope you all have a great weekend :) xx

Weigh in tomorrow - eeeeek!

Am actually excited…feel SO much better already, it's amazing how much of a difference not filling yourself with junk everyday does, I literally feel 'lighter', not just physically but in myself too.
Ordered a new box of packs (should clarify i'm still on exante - but hopefully you don't mind me still being here, this diary has my 'story' & would feel wrong starting from scratch on another page). Just incase any LL'ers are considering a move to Exante - as much as I believe LL is a huge benefit the first time you embark on a VLCD due to therapy & group support - there are a few new flavours, this evening had a hazelnut shake, mixed it up in the blender with some ice and have managed to convince myself that it tastes like a frappucino! Very impressed. They also have a hot cross bun bar which I will be trying later on…kind of intrigued!

Crossing fingers & toes for a good weigh-in tomorrow! Hope everyone is doing well :)
xx

Hi. Sounds like you've got that motivation to carry you through the next couple of weeks. Amazing how much better it feels to get back in control. I'm at the slightly out of control stage and starting a new job on Thursday so can't commit to packs but I'm having a couple of days getting close and hoping to feel a bit lighter. Strange how we can do this but the ongoing moderate eating is so hard to keep up.
Good luck with weigh in.

Hi. Sounds like you've got that motivation to carry you through the next couple of weeks. Amazing how much better it feels to get back in control. I'm at the slightly out of control stage and starting a new job on Thursday so can't commit to packs but I'm having a couple of days getting close and hoping to feel a bit lighter. Strange how we can do this but the ongoing moderate eating is so hard to keep up.
Good luck with weigh in.

Thanks Clinquant! Nice to see a familiar name :) it's awfully quiet on here, not sure if that's a good or bad thing! Yeah sometimes it's just the right time, know how you feel starting a new job - and it's not the best time to commit to packs! But am sure you'll be fine & if the time comes you'll be ready to commit to it. Life has to come first!

So big weigh in today….this time last week I was 81.3kg and today I weigh in at...

76.3kg!!

Honestly can't quite believe it! 5kg (11lbs) down in a week is just crazy, i've mentioned before that I did have a big blow-out the day before I started and I know a lot of it is 'water-weight' etc. but i'm dead chuffed. Am wishing i'd taken a before photo as sometimes that gives a better indication than numbers on scales, but looking at myself in the mirror tonight (jeez that sounds a bit sad - but had to be done!) I can see a difference, tummy is less bloated and my face is less puffy.

Am working on an event all week so not 'eating' is proving tricky - the week before an event is usually spent in a cabin eating biscuits, then eating out for lunch that always seems to include burgers, chips etc. this week i've managed to avoid it so far by being 'busy' and saying i'll just get lunch on the run, but today we had a lunch meeting and asking for black coffee and a sparkling water because 'i'd just been to starbucks & had a really big cookie' started to raise suspicions with my colleague. He did say 'are we just not eating now?' because i'd avoided lunch the first day. But that's always the thing with VLCD's, certain people are accepting of it and others aren't, and I know if I told him he definitely wouldn't approve! So just need to get through the next 4 days - then we're back to normal in the office next week. He's away most of tomorrow & Thursday - then Friday & Saturday will be manic so it's definitely doable!

Love trying on old clothes and having them fit again - it's like a new/old wardrobe!

Hope everyone is doing well :)
xxx

So today I fly to Canada! Jumped on the scales this morning with my fingers, toes, legs etc. everything crossed that i'd be in the 75kg's.
And I weighed in at...

74.8kg

So so chuffed!! (Not sure why I always say 'weighed in at' makes me sound like a WWE wrestler, or a killer whale).
But am so happy - feel SO much better in myself, it's amazing how taking care of how you feel can give such a big boost. I wasn't expecting to be under 75kg as last weekend I was working on two major events and i'm not going to lie I ate, and I drank…wine, lots of wine. But got straight back on it on Tuesday and anything i'd gained was gone by today, so definitely need to know when to reel it in!

Will enjoy myself on holiday, life's too short and I don't see my parents nearly enough - then i'll be back next Saturday to crack on until the 11th of October, and to find this sexy dress!

Hope everyone is doing well -
xxxxx

Back