Hannah's Lighter Life: The RTM Edition!

Han that is absobloodylutely fantastic!! Wow, If i get a los even half that good this week I will be thrilled!!!! Such good news about hte job too, I will be holding thumbs for you. Have you tried tabasco in that thai chili, I became seriously addicted as did my sis during last abstinence :)

J
xx

Thank you ladies!! :D

I am very pleased, both about the weight loss and job, things are on the up for meeee :)!

Mags- Just noticed your ticker and well done on your loss too!! What a great start to phase 2 :)

Jez- I used to love tabasco in the soups! But managed to leave my bottle in Manchester :( Think a trip to tesco's is in order as feel the exante soups need a bit of a kick as they all tend to taste the same! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, means I like all of them and I can drink them easily but think I need to spice things up a bit :D

xxxxx

Han, the other thing I know you are allowed on Exante and not LL is Worstershire sauce, obviously just splashes, but it does rock the soups up. We used to to 1 tsp marigold boullion cracked sea salt, black pepper and the tabasco, my sis added the W Sauce too. Apparently it makes the mushroom taste amazing!!!

:)

J
xx

Well done you Hannah.
Great weight loss and lovely positive post. I know it'll spur others on who are wondering if the start is worth it.
Where else could you do that?
Congratulations. Can't wait to hear that you'll be offered the job.

WOW!!!!! Han well done thats fan bloody tastic lol xx

Thank you everybody, the support on here is amazing :)

Sorry i've been absent for a few days, had a bit of a down day yesterday but am back on form today! Didn't cheat or lapse (thankfully, think it would have made things worse!) Just had a load of problems to sort out and am still waiting to hear back about a job offer which is driving me crazy as I just want to know what I am doing, feel like i'm in some sort of limbo!

But today is going well and am still on cloud 9 after my loss on Monday! Am enjoying mixing up all the packs, got into a bit of a vanilla/veg soup rut on Lighter Life, but another good thing about the bumper pack is that there are so many different combinations of flavours to chose from

On Tuesday I was watching the Biggest Loser UK (love it already!) and felt so lazy sitting on the sofa watching them exercise, so decided to do the Tracy Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD that I bought before Christmas and hadn't tried out. It's only 20 minutes long but my days it's intense!!! I still ache all over today! Could barely get up the stairs yesterday, and felt like even more of a zombie after I did it on Tuesday. Am still not sure about exercising though just because as i've mentioned before, when I exercised on LL i tended to lose less weight (guessing body went in to starvation mode?) So might wait until I start eating again at the end of the month. Especially as at the moment I feel tired all the time like a zombie so not sure exercising helps! But I do walk my dog everyday which is nice and gentle.

Is anybody else sick of the weather at the moment? Am so bored of it being grey and dull! Wish it was either sunny or snowing, a bit more exciting!

Hope everyone is doing well!
xxxxxx

Hiya Hanmac

Just wanted to congratulate you for not losing it and slipping off the diet when you are down, yep the weather is dull and horrible and does nothing to lift the spirits does it.

As for the exercise last time I did this diet I didn't exercise intensly till after I'd finished and I must admit if I do anything too drastic I tend to get lightheaded. xx Maxi xx

Hey Han

Well done for hanging in there when the going got tough!! Just goes to show how strong you are!!! I'm glad to hear it is all going so well for you and that you are loving the packs. Also hope you hear about the job soon, waiting to hear things always makes me anxious, so I really feel for you. I am sure you will hear soon though.

J
xx

Euuurggggh just phoned the company to chase up the job application and their going to phone me back with an answer, my heart is going like the clappers and the suspense is killing me! Feel sick and just want to bury my head in a bucket of ice-cream/chocolate....ARRRRRRGH I HATE SUPSENSE!!

well Hannah did you get the call???? xx

Sorry for keeping you in suspense!! It is now 99.99999% set that i've got the job, yipeeeee! They're phoning on Monday to confirm dates/contracts etc. so am trying not to tempt fate or jump the gun until it's 100% signed, sealed and delivered, but am very happy!!

But am now having a bit of a dilemma (as always, haha!). I was so excited and happy last night and my parents want to take me out for a meal tonight to celebrate, plus my brother goes back to Uni tomorrow so it's a double meal celebration/farewell. After four months of searching for jobs I felt like I really deserved to celebrate and decided to have a night off from the diet. My brother got to choose the restaurant and he chose an Indian restaurant.

I now feel like i'm in a cartoon with a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other telling me different things! Part of me thinks I should just let go, celebrate, enjoy the food and then get back on track. But then the other side of me thinks that I shouldn't eat as I haven't reached my new goal and the meal out could set me back a week or so.

And this is what upsets me slightly, I am so grateful to LL and Exante for helping me to to lose weight. But I do think they have changed my attitude to food both positively and negatively. I need to stop seeing food as some sort of evil, and more focus on my attitude to food and what I eat.

I know I can't stay on Exante forever, the job is really active so I will have to start eating normally again.

If you were in my situation what would you do?
xxxx

Go and enjoy yourself tonight Hun!!
You'll be back on it from tomorrow. Life is too short!
And well done on getting the job! Congratulations!!!!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Han

Congratulations!!!!! This is fantastic news, and I am absolutely thrilled for you. It is going to be your year I can feel it. New body, new job etc :)

Re the celebratory meal, it is a difficult call, and I guess it really depends on how long you want to take to loose your weight, if you can live with it taking a week or so more, then that's great. For me, when I do this however, I find it easier to stick with it 100% as getting back in for me would lead to problems. I managed a fair few celebrations whilst in abstinence for the first time, including 10 days in Paris at many restaurants and I just took my packs along. You could however do the eating at the restaurant in a balanced way. Skip the booze, stick to waters, skip the papdoms and rich curries, and just have some protein based things, with the less fattening sauces - there is a thread on here somewhere (think it was from Daisy) about what she ate in an Indian restaurant in RTM. Probably it was the more dry cooked curries, and perhaps you can ask them for a salad on the side. If you stick mainly to the proteins it wont knock you out of ketosis. Whatever you decide I am sure it will be a wonderful eveing and you will have a fabulous time with your family.

J
xx

Exactly! It's all about the right choices and especially you are at that stage when you need to start learning your relationship with food from scratch.
Like Jez said. It's all about how quickly you want to lose the weight and how much you are willing to give up food tonight.
I'd stick to healthy choices tonight and I'm sure you'll be fine.
Most of all whatever you decide please don't beat yourself up!
No negative feelings please! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yipee.....well done Hannah thats great news :) xx

Thank you all :)

I would love to say I went for healthy options...but the food was just too good! But i'm happy as I had a really great time, I then might have had a roast and cheesecake yesterday...but i've put the weekend behind me now and am back on track today! New week and all!

I've decided to break my goal down into smaller steps, think I was getting a bit intimidated by having quite a lot to lose, but if I break it down into smaller chunks I think it will help to keep me motivated. So I have changed my ticker to reflect this. My first goal is to get to 158 pounds as it's the lighest I got to on LL, so thats only 5 pounds to go. I think before I was trying to lose as much weight as fast as I possibly could, but i've now decided to relax a little as there might be a few bumps along the way but i'll get there in the end!

Hope everyone had a great weekend
xxxx

Great attitude Hun!
I think I might follow your lead and think in 'chunks' ;)
I also had a bit of a weekend off with a few things eaten that shouldn't be eaten but like you said.. new week and all ;)
LLT is the way forward for me I think. For the last push..
Glad you had a good time babes :)

Hi Hannah,

well done with the weight loss. Fingers crossed for the job, you deserve it. Hope you had a good evening with your family, at the end of the day we have to live our lives and we can make healthy choices. We should not be getting stressed when going out as it will have an impact on the night , and for you the night was a celebration.
Good luck with the rest of your journey. xx

Hannah,
Sounds like you've got a sensible attitude to this.
I thought you were supposed to be getting rid of the "bumps"
along the way ! ;)

Hello strangers!

I know I have been absent for far too long! Long story short, life got hectic when I found out i'd got the job so spent two weeks frantically trying to sort out uni accomodation for next year, moving all my stuff back from Manchester and then packing to move again!
So I am now in sunny Shropshire, on a 10 day training course. Am about halfway through and it's going well, met lots of new people and have been trying to keep busy. But today is my day off and i'm bored already, i'm the sort of person that needs to be busy or I start thinking about things too much and start feeling down.
I am a bit worried food wise as I have been eating a lot, since we have to be up so early i have breakfast then by the time it's lunch i'm starving again, and the food is so good it's hard to make healthy choices. I'm kicking myself as I didn't bring my scales so have no clue how much I weigh, am tempted to buy another pair as I do have a pair at home I can pick up on Friday, but I can feel myself getting worried and paranoid already about my weight. I'm so worried that i've put lots of weight on and I won't be able to lose it easily as I won't be able to do LL when I move to my new centre.

But I will just have to deal with whatever the outcome is when I weigh myself, if i've put on weight I know I can lose it, it might just take a bit longer, and maybe i'll suprise myself and not actually have put on that much weight! All my clothes still fit and the way I feel I don't feel like i've put loaaads on, it's just rubbish not knowing! But at the end of the day I definitely haven't put 4 stone back on!!

Right that's my ramble over for today! Thought i'd just let you all know i'm still alive! Hope everyone is doing well :) And good luck to any newbies who have started LL recently!

xxxxx

Back